Here it comes! - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Here it comes!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2012, 09:49 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 14
Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

starting to feel scared by governments power here, reminds me of V is for vendetta

I know just a movie but sadly feeling more and more possible.

government doesn't need more power and we don't need less freedom.

we need to teach self responsibility, accountability, morels

We need to stop the thinking trend, of looking at government, and asking how they let some one do something. how did government become responsible for the actions of individuals

is that what we want as a country? just sad and confused i guess
luke277 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:03 PM   #42
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I lost all of my guns in a boating accident out in the gulf. IIRC, C3Shooter had a similar experience.
cottontop
 
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:07 PM   #43
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 14
Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

http://www.revolutionbox.org/Thread-A-Mathematical-Approach-to-What-Causes-Gun-Murder-in-America?highlight=gun+control
luke277 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:08 PM   #44
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 14
Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop View Post
I lost all of my guns in a boating accident out in the gulf. IIRC, C3Shooter had a similar experience.
cottontop
they said i was silly for leaving my entire gun collection on the gunnel in the heavy chop. dammm and such deep water too
luke277 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:12 PM   #45
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
2tone0311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 66
Liked 16 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

There are about 100,000 public k-12 schools in the US (don't quibble)
At the bargain price of only $1,000,000.00 to safeguard the schools from intruders (and trust me, you can't do it for a million bucks each) it would only cost the Americans $100,000,000,000.00. To pass legislation to ban assault weapons would cost comparatively nothing. Banning assault weapons will make about half the people happy, building fortified schools wouldn't make 10% of the people happy. (hint: votes come into play here)

Which action do you think the lawmakers and the public would prefer?
Ban assault weapons then you have bolt guns shot guns and pistols. Let's say a LAC flips **** they could accomplish the same goal with a rem 870 and any sorts of pistol. The only draw back would be reload time where it wouldn't matter cause there's no security in the building. One man/ woman can make and difference. As messed up as it sounds better to have 10 dead than nearly 30. Why are people afraid to make a logical sound decision?
__________________
Only the dead will know the end of war - Plato
2tone0311 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:21 PM   #46
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 508
Liked 211 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 322

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
LMAO... So let me get this straight...

People who are AGAINST guns, are threatening violence...
To take guns from the armed???

Uh... Bring it?

Lmao
I think that it is technically illegal to use the armed forces of the United States of America against it's own citizen, perhaps even unconstitutional, but it would probably be a simple thing to declare martial law. If this happened, and it was then taken to the Supreme Court, it would take some time to be set right, if at all. During which time, there would still be martial law, your guns still picked up. It is scary, but there are examples of this in the Middle East, that have recently gone to full on civil war. We have allowed our elected leadership to get to far away from the Constitution. The last presidential elections did not go anywhere towards changing that direction.
HM2Grunt is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:30 PM   #47
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
2tone0311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 66
Liked 16 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HM2Grunt

I think that it is technically illegal to use the armed forces of the United States of America against it's own citizen, perhaps even unconstitutional, but it would probably be a simple thing to declare martial law. If this happened, and it was then taken to the Supreme Court, it would take some time to be set right, if at all. During which time, there would still be martial law, your guns still picked up. It is scary, but there are examples of this in the Middle East, that have recently gone to full on civil war. We have allowed our elected leadership to get to far away from the Constitution. The last presidential elections did not go anywhere towards changing that direction.
I wouldnt to much about the military fighting citizens most of them are gun owners and would probably go UA and fight for what they believe is right. We have already talked about this in my platoon and it's same all around. Go home and do what we feel is right.
__________________
Only the dead will know the end of war - Plato
2tone0311 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:43 PM   #48
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
beastmode986's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: California
Posts: 967
Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

Default

Great, just shows how intelligent they are. They want to shoot us with guns they dont like and want to take away. They also want to murder innocent people. Hippocrates. Why are they blaming guns? They should blame the idiot that did the shooting the guy could have easily stabbed them so lets ban knives. He could have ran them over on the playground so now we need to ban cars... So because I am a member of the NRA they want to shoot me?
beastmode986 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:46 PM   #49
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 6,165
Liked 5012 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tone0311 View Post
I wouldnt to much about the military fighting citizens most of them are gun owners and would probably go UA and fight for what they believe is right. We have already talked about this in my platoon and it's same all around. Go home and do what we feel is right.
Bingo...

Had similar conversations with fellow soldiers following the LA Riots. Vast majority of guys I served with would have plugged there own LT before firing on American Civilian, armed or not...and we were all lower enlisted men and NCO's, E2 to E6 range in rank.

Of course that was 20 hears ago but I don't expect it's changed much.

Tack
Tackleberry1 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:47 PM   #50
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6,698
Liked 2610 Times on 1483 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Default

Can MOD start a thread:

Gun Free Zones = Death Traps

...
therewolf is offline  
canebrake Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes




Newest Threads