Here it comes! - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Here it comes!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2012, 04:03 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post
I find it a bit funny that they want to shoot NRA members... How ya gonna do that if guns are illegal?
Libs work on emotion, not logic.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams
People Like This 
Old 12-16-2012, 04:05 PM   #32

Liked 4886 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
Tack, before you get all hot and bothered, you must know that there are nutty liberals just like there are nutty conservatives. If you go looking for stupid on the web, it won't take long to find it.
Chain...of course there's a nut in EVERY tree, however, when Conservative nuts call for violence they are blasted by the media and disowned by the rest of us. When Libs do the same thing...the media ignores it, and not even there elected representative say it's wrong?

Some of this is certainly media bias, some of it the uneducated population of the Democratic leadership, I mean, no one really expects officials like Shelia Jackson Lee or "Trout Look" Nancy Pelosi, to grasp what's really going on.

Many of the offices held by Dems are held by the same breed of immotionaly inmature "perpetual children" types who are spouting off about killing gun owners.

I firmly believe these types are created by parents who asked to little, schools that gave "everyone" a blue ribbon, and a lifetime spent in urban bubbles, never being exposed to the POSSITIVE side of guns.

They have zero understanding of our culture, our values, or our RESOLVE. They honestly believe that if there hand picked "Adolescent In Chief" would only act...they could finally get there way and magically forever stop horrible events like these.

The media perpetuates there fantasy and the Government falls all over itself attempting to appease there hysteria.

One huge difference between conservatives and liberals is that when we say something...we mean it!

Americas Left would do well to understand this, they would do well to study the history of our nations previous revolution and civil War. They would do well to recognize that getting there way WOULD mean another civil war...fought amongst us...where anonymity behind there gadgets will offer no protection.

Perhaps understanding that it IS actually THEIR skin, in THIS game, would finally make the lights click on?

I for one hope so...none of us within the gun rights movement wish to see violence BUT, defending ones liberty from a threat, regardless of the uniform worn by that threat, is STILL self Defence...and it's just as righteous today as it's allways been.

Tack
Old 12-16-2012, 07:19 PM   #33

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default protect our schools

We've all read both sides of the gun control views. I agree that taking away our rights is not the way. I concede that it could possible stop some crimes, but not most. What we saw is a horrible cost of freedom in the USA. Banning guns will never work, and I think most people really do understand this.

The question on how this could be prevented. Well my thought's are that our school should be a safe haven for our children. How do we accomplish this? My suggestion is these "safe building" need to be tested by UL, just like they test a safe and give it a rating.

Schools should be safe and tested the same way. instead of gun laws why not focus on what we can actually control. Why was a school so easy to forcibly enter. If not buzzed in it should take a minimum time to break in. If it was hard to break in, it would take time, First responders would have time to get there before this could happen.

I believe schools could be built like this with out looking like a prison. We can never stop all crazy evil things from happening or predict this horrible act
but if we could slow them down I'm sure many would be prevented

any thoughts ?

Old 12-16-2012, 08:14 PM   #34

Liked 16 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke277
We've all read both sides of the gun control views. I agree that taking away our rights is not the way. I concede that it could possible stop some crimes, but not most. What we saw is a horrible cost of freedom in the USA. Banning guns will never work, and I think most people really do understand this.

The question on how this could be prevented. Well my thought's are that our school should be a safe haven for our children. How do we accomplish this? My suggestion is these "safe building" need to be tested by UL, just like they test a safe and give it a rating.

Schools should be safe and tested the same way. instead of gun laws why not focus on what we can actually control. Why was a school so easy to forcibly enter. If not buzzed in it should take a minimum time to break in. If it was hard to break in, it would take time, First responders would have time to get there before this could happen.

I believe schools could be built like this with out looking like a prison. We can never stop all crazy evil things from happening or predict this horrible act
but if we could slow them down I'm sure many would be prevented

any thoughts ?
I agree our children are our investment for the future to carry our name, teach them right from wrong, give them a better life than we ever had. Yet somewhere down the line we either got to comfortable and though this would never happen again(history ALWAYS repeats itself) or someone just didn't take proper precautions to protect our children.

Only the dead will know the end of war - Plato

Old 12-16-2012, 08:44 PM   #35
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

img_1680.jpg  

I don't need No stinking signature.

People Like This 
Old 12-16-2012, 08:47 PM   #36

Liked 43 Times on 27 Posts

Everything costs money! To fortify and safeguard our school security will cost big bucks!!

Old 12-16-2012, 09:02 PM   #37

Liked 16 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainskytop
Everything costs money! To fortify and safeguard our school security will cost big bucks!!
Money is a theory. A worthless item that is backed by bull**** and the bulls that lay it. Sometimes people should look at the priorities of their country and future. Fix a few pot holes repave some roads and protect your children? Someone has to be a clear thinker. **** install doors that need an ID to open this way teachers collect their kids outside then ensure that they lead them inside to their class rooms. Or have all the gov officials take a pay cut to protect the future. Bet they will be voted for again. Oh wait everyone's selfish I forgot.ni should stop rambling now. Sorry have a good day everyone

Only the dead will know the end of war - Plato

Old 12-16-2012, 09:31 PM   #38

Liked 1557 Times on 937 Posts
Likes Given: 357

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tone0311 View Post
Money is a theory. A worthless item that is backed by bull**** and the bulls that lay it. Sometimes people should look at the priorities of their country and future. Fix a few pot holes repave some roads and protect your children? Someone has to be a clear thinker. **** install doors that need an ID to open this way teachers collect their kids outside then ensure that they lead them inside to their class rooms. Or have all the gov officials take a pay cut to protect the future. Bet they will be voted for again. Oh wait everyone's selfish I forgot.ni should stop rambling now. Sorry have a good day everyone
There are about 100,000 public k-12 schools in the US (don't quibble)
At the bargain price of only $1,000,000.00 to safeguard the schools from intruders (and trust me, you can't do it for a million bucks each) it would only cost the Americans $100,000,000,000.00. To pass legislation to ban assault weapons would cost comparatively nothing. Banning assault weapons will make about half the people happy, building fortified schools wouldn't make 10% of the people happy. (hint: votes come into play here)

Which action do you think the lawmakers and the public would prefer?

Old 12-16-2012, 09:37 PM   #39
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6573 Times on 3638 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
At the bargain price of only $1,000,000.00 to safeguard the schools from intruders (and trust me, you can't do it for a million bucks each) it would only cost the Americans $100,000,000,000.00. To pass legislation to ban assault weapons would cost comparatively nothing. Banning assault weapons will make about half the people happy, building fortified schools wouldn't make 10% of the people happy. (hint: votes come into play here)

Where are you getting your info? I have never seen that 50% of the US approve of assault weapons bans. In fact, I've seen polls that say around 80-90% appose new gun control laws.
The people who are heard do not make up the majority. I could go find a bunch of people who believe rape is a good thing, and show them on TV enough to make people think that half the country believes this.

Old 12-16-2012, 09:41 PM   #40

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:

You are speaking the truth. we want to pass gun control for political reasons alone, even though we know it will do very little to change events like this. makes you wonder how sick the political system is, first though is cost and public opinion. not how could we actually enact actual change that would increase safety for kids at school.