Here it comes! - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Here it comes!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2012, 07:37 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 114 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 111

People are very, very upset. And you cannot blame them. It's hard to imagine anything worse than gunning down classrooms of first graders and their teachers!
And people hate it! And people want to react. And they want to do something to stop it. And they are upset and want to do something NOW.
When they react, it is not necessarily logical...

It just is.

It's an awful situation.

Old 12-16-2012, 07:55 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1667 Times on 1143 Posts
Likes Given: 587

What gets me going is instead of demanding armed guards in schools they want to make more gun control laws. Gun control laws will be just as effective as our current drug laws.

If they really want to stop mass shootings, control the media. If 20 kids and 6 teachers were killed in a bus crash, the event would get 5 minutes of coverage in each newscast. Instead the media is giving psycho killers the attention they seek. The media knows what they are doing when they sensationalize a shooting and they do it anyway.

Old 12-16-2012, 10:34 AM   #23
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

The fear of guns is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. ~Freud

These anti gun rants are a great testament to this. Don't blame the tool blame the user.

Cane killed Able with a rock!

I don't need No stinking signature.

People Like This 
Old 12-16-2012, 11:39 AM   #24

Liked 1484 Times on 898 Posts
Likes Given: 347

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Personally...I find the LIBTARD Tweets rather amusing...

Sounds like the epitome of "talking like a man with a paper ass".

Hmm...a bunch of I phone tapping hoplophobes calling for the killings of NRA members. It's really quite laughable and once again prooves the theory that liberals function and react based on EMOTION and only EMOTION.

Cane provided a gentle attempt to educate the sheeple which, while admirable, is rather pointless.

The only way to reach these people is with blunt truth and if that fails, blunt objects. I have a NEWSFLASH for any LIBTARD trolling here for the pro gun reaction to all of this.

WE have ALL of the guns and WE know how to use them. Your threats are mildly amusing but neither your threats, anything your actually capable of, not even the weight of US Law enforcement comes close to equalling our numbers, our weapons, or our skill.

The 2nd Ammendment WILL be defended at ANY cost so I would caution you lemmings to be very, very careful what you wish for.

Tack
Tack, before you get all hot and bothered, you must know that there are nutty liberals just like there are nutty conservatives. If you go looking for stupid on the web, it won't take long to find it.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 12-16-2012, 01:10 PM   #25

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Knee jerks reactions are all the craze right now. How about we let the families greive, let the investigators finish their work and let the dust settle before going balistic and shouting gun control and building a fortress out of our schools. These incidents have happened way too often latley and my guess is the more it gets attention the more it will happen.

I do think its time we all started paying closer attention to the environment around us and less to our texting, emails and phones and maybe we can catch these nut jobs before the let bullets fly. The next headline I want to see is "School shooting avoided when armed parent takes out gun man."

Old 12-16-2012, 01:20 PM   #26
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Brings to mind an old saying "The only difference between a liberal and a conservative is the liberal has not been the victim of violent crime, yet"
I have said for years...nothing turns a card carrying liberal into a gun toting liberal like a mouthful of their own blood. The transformation happens as they lay bleeding in the gutter and realize no one is going to help them, wondering if they will survive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
Now guys don't be to harsh on the libs, I'm sure chainfire will be along any minute and explain it to us ignorant conservatives.
Guys, leave ole Chain alone here. He may be a liberal, but hes a gun toting liberal. Its one of the great things about this country...there are MANY "social engineers" out there that know the truth and are staunch defenders of the 2A.

A little story:

As news of this tragedy was just breaking, i was listening to the local rock station and one of the Dj's came on and started jabbering about it. I grabbed my phone and was ready to dial, was prepared to jump thru the truck radio and strangle the idiot. See, i know this guy is a card carrying liberal.

He said, and i quote, "As most of you know, i am liberal, and proud of it. I voted for Obama, and proud of it. But those of you that are going to start yammering for more gun control and the repeal of the 2A....STOP IT!! Its STUPID! I am a responsible gun owner because i KNOW that the ONLY way to protect my children from madmen hell bent to destroy me, my wife and my children is with a gun! PERIOD....so STOP IT!!"

People like "Turner" at The BEAR and my friend Chainfire here at FTF give me some small glimmer of hope. As polar opposite as our politics are...we DO have common ground in our support for the 2A. I am SURE there are MILLIONS more like them in this country.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!
canebrake Likes This 
Old 12-16-2012, 01:36 PM   #27

Liked 16 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by northhike
Knee jerks reactions are all the craze right now. How about we let the families greive, let the investigators finish their work and let the dust settle before going balistic and shouting gun control and building a fortress out of our schools. These incidents have happened way too often latley and my guess is the more it gets attention the more it will happen.

I do think its time we all started paying closer attention to the environment around us and less to our texting, emails and phones and maybe we can catch these nut jobs before the let bullets fly. The next headline I want to see is "School shooting avoided when armed parent takes out gun man."
I agree. People get to wrapped around their own personal lives and ignore everything else. Being from. Connecticut myself there are a bunch of people who just don't care about anything but themselves. Idk if it's selfishness, emotional probs, being wealthy or what ever. Also the media also makes all these murderers famous they always start it out llike this. "gun man kills XX people in XXXXXXX school/movies/park" then a few days later it will be" gun man identified name joe smith kills XX people" then they will try to figure out why he did it. And when do you hear the names of the victims? Sadly it's something you have to search for. Media makes these d bag famous. Maybe if the focused on the actual. Victims and tried to get help or identify these metal issues amongst people. The next depressed down in the sewer d-bag that wants to go one a shooting spree won't. Maybe they will seek help. These people do it die our go out being know. To them it is better to go out hated than not known at all.

Only the dead will know the end of war - Plato

Old 12-16-2012, 01:43 PM   #28
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1361 Times on 691 Posts
Likes Given: 1015

Quote:
Originally Posted by northhike View Post

Good post.

Some of us are old enough to remember the anti-2A hysteria following the assassinations of JFK, RFK and MLK...and all of us can remember it after Columbine. It's inevitable and expected.

This time--with emotions running high over the deaths of small children, a liberal lame-duck President with a full four years ahead of him and people like Bloomberg screaming for revenge against gun-owners--it may present more of a challenge.

But it's not time to take to the hills. Yet.

Keep in mind that sometimes these hysterical calls for banning guns and revoking 2A have exactly the opposite effect of their intentions by fueling an equally "knee-jerk" surge of support to guns-rights organizations and 2A-friendly legislators.
Old 12-16-2012, 03:30 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

In Israel armed citizens stop terrorist attacks on a regular basis. In Israeli schools there are armed parents and grandparents on patrol.

Here's a link to an article by Massad Ayoob from a Backwoods Home magazine article from 2003. The facts remain the same today. Read it and see an actual practical solution that works.

Link:http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/ayoob81.html

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams
People Like This 
Old 12-16-2012, 03:40 PM   #30

Liked 740 Times on 490 Posts
Likes Given: 798

I find it a bit funny that they want to shoot NRA members... How ya gonna do that if guns are illegal?

People Like This 

Newest Threads