Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Helping to fight for our rights.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2013, 01:28 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 84 Times on 66 Posts

I was 18 once yup just once.But on a more serious note congratulations on becoming another year older you have now reached the point in you're life where ,weather you want it or not,you have some major responsibilities.Choose you're course wisely my friend and protect the Constitution under which most of us live.

Old 06-01-2013, 01:32 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6745 Times on 3669 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

And convert all your friends on over to the 'right' side

Sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders. Best of wishes.

Old 06-01-2013, 02:41 PM   #13

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie

Do yourself a huge favor and do as much research as you can on ALL the people running. Don't vote for a party. Don't be afraid to vote for a third party. Party really means squat if they don't reflect your views. Look a Jersey's lil devil. I'm guessing the R in front of Christy's name name is for Rhino. You have to be able to see the wolf in sheep's clothing.
And that is why I didn't register to any specific party.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 06-02-2013, 01:27 AM   #14

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garadex View Post
And that is why I didn't register to any specific party.
That's cool if you can do it. Independents can't vote in primaries in my state.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Garadex Likes This 
Old 06-02-2013, 05:36 AM   #15

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
That's cool if you can do it. Independents can't vote in primaries in my state.
Same here but I think it's a good tradeoff not being stuck with any one party.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 06-02-2013, 03:43 PM   #16

Liked 4787 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

I am curious? Which 3rd Party has stood up against President Obama's Gun Bans? Which one of these party members voted 100% to oppose The Left Wing Democrats.?

Old 06-02-2013, 07:32 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garadex View Post
Same here but I think it's a good tradeoff not being stuck with any one party.
Because I register in a party does not mean I have to vote for them. You might want to lean more about the voting process before you get condescending with me young one.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 06-02-2013, 07:36 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
I am curious? Which 3rd Party has stood up against President Obama's Gun Bans? Which one of these party members voted 100% to oppose The Left Wing Democrats.?
When I talked about a third party as an alternative it was about reflection of ones views abut politics as a whole. Voting for someone because they support one issue only will get you where we are just as easily.

Thomas Jefferson

Old 06-03-2013, 10:05 PM   #19

Sadly I think there is still a concerted effort to limit rounds, ban or restrict 'assault' riffles, and generally impose hardships on gun owners.

Too few politicians open support 2A rights.

Also, people are emotionally tied to the devastating tragedies. Sadly we are all
Disillusioned if any of us feel 99% of the proposed laws will have any impact on this type of crime. The criminally insane will always find a way to kill. The key is to stop and help them
Prior not limit their tools. At least my 2 cents.

Here is the reply my letter from the POTUS.

Thank you for taking the time to write. I have heard from many Americans regarding firearms policy and gun violence in our Nation, and I appreciate your perspective. From Aurora to Newtown to the streets of Chicago, we have seen the devastating effects gun violence has on our American family. I join countless others in grieving for all those whose lives have been taken too soon by gun violence.

Like the majority of Americans, I believe the Second Amendment guarantees an individual right to bear arms. In this country, we have a strong tradition of gun ownership that has been handed down from generation to generation. Hunting and sport shooting are part of our national heritage. Yet, even as we acknowledge that almost all gun owners in America are responsible, when we look at the devastation caused by gun violence—whether in high-profile tragedies or the daily heartbreak that plagues our cities—we must ask ourselves whether we are doing enough.

While reducing gun violence is a complicated challenge, protecting our children from harm should not be a divisive one. Most gun owners agree that we can respect the Second Amendment while keeping an irresponsible, law-breaking few from inflicting harm on a massive scale. Most also agree that if we took commonsense steps to curtail gun violence, there would be fewer atrocities like the one that occurred in Newtown. We will not be able to stop every violent act, but if there is even one thing we can do to reduce gun violence—if even one life can be saved—then we have an obligation to try.

That is why I asked Vice President Joe Biden to identify concrete steps we can take to keep our children safe, help prevent mass shootings, and reduce the broader epidemic of gun violence in this country. He met with over 200 groups representing a broad cross-section of Americans and heard their best ideas. I have put forward a specific set of proposals based off of his efforts, and in the days ahead, I intend to use whatever weight this office holds to make them a reality.

My plan gives law enforcement, schools, mental health professionals, and the public health community some of the tools they need to help reduce gun violence. These tools include strengthening the background check system, helping schools hire more resource officers and counselors and develop emergency preparedness plans, and ensuring mental health professionals know their options for reporting threats of violence. And I directed the Centers for Disease Control to study the best ways to reduce gun violence—because it is critical that we understand the science behind this public health crisis. From improving mental health services to looking more closely at a culture that too often glorifies violence, we must leave no stone unturned when working to keep Americans safe.

As important as these steps are, they are not a substitute for action from Congress. To make a real and lasting difference, members of Congress must also act. As part of my comprehensive plan, I have called on them to pass some specific proposals right away. First, it is time to require a universal background check for anyone trying to buy a gun. Second, Congress should renew the 10-round limit on magazines and reinstate and strengthen the assault weapons ban. We should get tougher on those who buy guns with the purpose of selling them to criminals, and we should impose serious punishments on anyone who helps them do this.

These are reasonable, commonsense measures that have the support of the majority of the American people. But change will not come unless the American people demand it from their lawmakers. Now is the time to do the right thing for our children, our communities, and the country we love. We owe the victims of heartbreaking national tragedies and the countless unheralded tragedies each year nothing less than our best effort—to seek consensus in order to save lives and ensure a brighter future for our children.

Thank you, again, for writing. I encourage you to visit www.WhiteHouse.gov/NowIsTheTime to learn more about my Administration’s approach.

Sincerely,

Barack Obama

Old 06-04-2013, 12:15 AM   #20

Liked 84 Times on 66 Posts

I got the same email not too long ago just disregarded and deleted.Obviously it is this administrations belief that our opinion should not be replied to in any other manner.