Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Helping to fight for our rights.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2013, 04:03 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Default Helping to fight for our rights.

Well since I just turned 18 it was time for me to register to vote. Time to start trying to make a difference and keep all of our rights safe, especially the Second Amendment.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-31-2013, 04:27 AM   #2

Liked 4787 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Please join the NRA or one of the pro-gun support groups.

Old 05-31-2013, 05:02 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker
Please join the NRA or one of the pro-gun support groups.
That was next on the list. I'll probably join sometime in June.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

People Like This 
Old 05-31-2013, 06:46 AM   #4
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1473 Times on 901 Posts
Likes Given: 7200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garadex View Post
Well since I just turned 18 it was time for me to register to vote. Time to start trying to make a difference and keep all of our rights safe, especially the Second Amendment.
Welcome to almost adulthood!

That is something that never made sense to me. at 18 you can vote, buy a long gun, sign up to join the military and go fight for your country, Sign a contract that is legally binding, join a fire department and risk your life to save others, buy tobacco products, but you are not allowed to buy a pistol or a beer? Kinda makes one sit there a minute and think WTF?

Seriously Garadex, happy birthday ( even though it's a little late), and remember. Every vote counts. Use it wisely, and make your voice heard.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem parabellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

People Like This 
Old 05-31-2013, 07:09 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1781 Times on 1166 Posts
Likes Given: 1499

Quote:
Make sure you also register with Selective Service. Congratulations on reaching the big 18!

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 05-31-2013, 11:34 PM   #6

Liked 305 Times on 183 Posts
Likes Given: 486

Welcome and congratulations. We can use all of the help that we can get. Please take the good advise already offered and join the NRA.

Old 06-01-2013, 05:20 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlynt View Post
Make sure you also register with Selective Service. Congratulations on reaching the big 18!
Did that just before I registered to vote.

People Like This 
Old 06-01-2013, 06:01 AM   #8
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19475 Times on 11063 Posts
Likes Given: 49082

18? it's all downhill from here!

People Like This 
Old 06-01-2013, 06:19 AM   #9

Liked 4787 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

No body told me that "Grown Up" means you have to buy your own food, cloths, shelter and TV. Had I known, I would not have been in such hurry to do it. And then right the middle of all this I got a letter. It read Congratulations You have been chosen!! It was from Uncle Sam. Gees I was Grown Up.

Old 06-01-2013, 07:03 AM   #10

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Do yourself a huge favor and do as much research as you can on ALL the people running. Don't vote for a party. Don't be afraid to vote for a third party. Party really means squat if they don't reflect your views. Look a Jersey's lil devil. I'm guessing the R in front of Christy's name name is for Rhino. You have to be able to see the wolf in sheep's clothing.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

People Like This