Help me with a Canadian debate - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Help me with a Canadian debate

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2010, 01:07 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
My sister-in-law is under the impression American cities are horrifically dangerous but that Toronto is safe. The fact is, there's no discernible difference anymore between that city and most American cities.
That's correct. Toronto has embraced thugs and "refugees" for years and now they see the results. For some strange reason, Ontario itself does have a decent homicide rate as a Province. However, it is worse than some "Right to Carry" northern States and about the same as several RtoC northern States.

Here in Alberta, we have a homicide rate that is HIGHER, averaged over the last 3 years, than MT, ND, SD, UT, OR, ID, WY. CO, etc. etc. etc. Same goes for all the other western Provinces, esp. MB and SK. In some years, the rates in these western Provinces is much higher.

How do I know this? I compared the FBI Uniform Crime Stats with stats I bought from Stats Canada. (Yeah, you have to buy them. A Nanny State can only provide so much for free; and information isn't on the list). That was part of a recent unsuccessful effort to trash our useless, wasteful and offensive Gun Registry.

None of this is part of the public discourse in Kanada. It doesn't fit the construct of our very active, organized, vocal and funded Gun Grabbers. It suits them better to just chant "Gun Culture" several times in a low, menacing tone any time the subject of the United States comes up. In much of Canada, especially urban areas, that passes for an intelligent thought and convincing argument.

We don't have a very effective lobby here for gun owners. Hence, I support the NRA along with a Canadian organization, the CSSA. Some days I fear the NRA, GoA and JPFO, etc., will be the final bastion on this continent for the protection of individual freedom, individual responsibility and an armed citizenry.

Canada is your open flank. We're under heavy attack. Our Coalition For Gun Control was one of the original NGO's (maybe THE original NGO) that combined to form IANSA. Somebody needs to shine a light into those dark corners; and soon.

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

Last edited by Rocky7; 10-13-2010 at 01:20 AM.