Hell NO!!! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Hell NO!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 04:01 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 208 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 289

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop View Post
I'm looking on the bright side of all of this. If Ar's and other military semi autos are banned, then, while at the range, at least I won't have to worry about brass hitting me in the face from the ignorant slob in the shooting booth to my left who has no concern for others. That's one of the reasons I only shoot bolt actions and single shots. Also, I don't have to walk all over the range looking for my ejected brass. But then, most (not all) semi auto guys don't reload.
cottontop
That's how it always starts. Semis are the bad guns. Then handguns then rifles then shotguns. Then the next thing you know we are trying to defend our family against an armed attacker when we have a rock and a leather strap...not what I want to happen. Especially because I get hit with brass at the range.

And I mean no disrespect with this post. Hope you do not take offense.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:15 PM   #12

Liked 709 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 1945

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyChadwell View Post
Sputnik, you're welcome to join me in talking with representative rand when the meeting is set. I am just waiting on a phone call back. He's a democrat, but is very pro gun and pro 2A. He has always met with me any time I have asked for a meeting and usually gets back with me very quick. He is a good guy and is always open and willing to meet and here his constituents. He has been very good to me and good to the state of Kentucky.
May take you up on that, I have known him since I was a kid, actually graduated with his son.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 01-16-2013, 04:48 PM   #13

Liked 208 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 289

Sputnik I will pm u my phone number...

Old 01-16-2013, 06:25 PM   #14

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

When JFK was shot they went after all bolt action military rifles and scopes. There was never a crime with cannons or rifles above .50 calibers but they were banned.
I would ask an inconsiderate shooter to repect my rights. That would be better than wanting a Federal Ban on semi-auto firearms.

Old 01-16-2013, 06:30 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5740 Times on 3249 Posts
Likes Given: 5177

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontop View Post
I'm looking on the bright side of all of this. If Ar's and other military semi autos are banned, then, while at the range, at least I won't have to worry about brass hitting me in the face from the ignorant slob in the shooting booth to my left who has no concern for others. That's one of the reasons I only shoot bolt actions and single shots. Also, I don't have to walk all over the range looking for my ejected brass. But then, most (not all) semi auto guys don't reload.
cottontop
Actually, in my circle of folks all of the semi-auto guys reload. And we all police our brass.

But if you stand by and cheer when they try to take my AR and AK, then I'll stand by and cheer when they take your antiques. And believe me, if they get semi-autos, they'll be after the antiques within a year.

Winston Churchill
People Like This 
Old 01-16-2013, 06:33 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
There are now law enforcement officers in 6 states saying Hell No Obama. These LEO units have decided to stand with their citizens. Damn that makes me proud to be an American.
Hopefully so. Come hell or high water will ultimately test the strength of their mettle. I hope to see more states declare some degree of sovereignty.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:40 PM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Actually, in my circle of folks all of the semi-auto guys reload. And we all police our brass.

But if you stand by and cheer when they try to take my AR and AK, then I'll stand by and cheer when they take your antiques. And believe me, if they get semi-autos, they'll be after the antiques within a year.
Get a brass catcher it saves a lot of looking for brass + you have fire formed cases.
Konrado

Old 01-16-2013, 06:41 PM   #18

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
You do realize that there is a proposal in the works to redefine curio and relics, right?

Old 01-16-2013, 06:42 PM   #19
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1359 Times on 690 Posts
Likes Given: 1015

LEOs are a product of their environment just like the rest of us. The ones that grew up shooting and hunting would probably be more sympathetic to 2A concerns...but I bet most did not, especially the ones who grew up in urban areas. There are lots of cops out there who are drinking the Obama Kool-Aid.

Old 01-16-2013, 06:43 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 191 Times on 128 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik1988
One here in KY, unfortunately not nearby.

I can't see my local sheriff doing the same.
I live in KY. Thinking about relocating to Perry County. Lol. You know Jefferson County won't do that. I've told a few of my LEO friends, don't knock on my door if you are confiscating guns. They know better.

If guns kill people, mine are defective.

AWDeanSr Likes This