Hell must of just froze over
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Hell must of just froze over

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2012, 03:27 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2057 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Default Hell must of just froze over

http://www.wdrb.com/story/19379852/jeffersontown-to-finalize-concealed-carry-class-plans-tomorrow

Jeffersontown expected to finalize concealed carry class plans Monday

Short but sweet

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-28-2012, 03:39 AM   #2

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

It explains why my feet are chilly...

Pig just flew by...craziness...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 08-28-2012, 03:48 AM   #3

Liked 2057 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Tax money being put to good use for once

Old 08-28-2012, 04:06 AM   #4

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Be interesting to see if it passes...

Hell, I'd even chip in if it got more folks on board...and I don't even live there...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 08-28-2012, 05:11 AM   #5

Liked 709 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 1945

I'm on the fence about this one, encouraging citizens to get a CCDW is awesome, using tax dollars to fund it? Not so much...

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 08-29-2012, 01:59 AM   #6

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik1988 View Post
I'm on the fence about this one, encouraging citizens to get a CCDW is awesome, using tax dollars to fund it? Not so much...

i would be worried about the tax dollars ONLY because there would be a "role call" with multiple, multiple names, addresses, and phone numbers of locals that signed up for, took, and passed the class on public record!!!

out of sheer "paranoia," i could only guess what the local gubment could/would do with those names.............

it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. on one hand, it's a great idea to work towards, on the other hand, it leaves one open to more goobermental control.

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me

Old 08-29-2012, 02:02 AM   #7

Liked 46 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik1988 View Post
Better that than it going to some lost cause.

Woe to those who make unjust laws and to those who issue oppressive decrees. -Isaiah 10:1

Blaming guns for death is like blaming forks for obesity

Old 08-29-2012, 03:19 AM   #8
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8312 Times on 4804 Posts
Likes Given: 10772

Perhaps if people were given the option of paying for themselves or accepting government (taxpayer) assistance would help to determine which way the wind blows. If the majority of applicants paid for themselves I would think that this would indicate that people are in favor of self-funded CCW classes and opposed to publicly funded classes.

In any case, when the government requires a permit to carry they have your number anyhow. Who pays for the class is not relevent.

Old 08-29-2012, 04:09 PM   #9

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Perhaps if people were given the option of paying for themselves or accepting government (taxpayer) assistance would help to determine which way the wind blows. If the majority of applicants paid for themselves I would think that this would indicate that people are in favor of self-funded CCW classes and opposed to publicly funded classes.

In any case, when the government requires a permit to carry they have your number anyhow. Who pays for the class is not relevent.

you bet you @$$ it's relevant! if you, J.Q. Public pays for it, then NOBODY has boo to say about it..........but if federal, state, or local goobers pay for it, then they can control the fine print on the documentation you sign. . . . . .smell what i'm steppin in????

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me

Old 08-29-2012, 11:25 PM   #10
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8312 Times on 4804 Posts
Likes Given: 10772

Quote:
Originally Posted by USEBOTHHANDS View Post
i would be worried about the tax dollars ONLY because there would be a "role call" with multiple, multiple names, addresses, and phone numbers of locals that signed up for, took, and passed the class on public record!!!

out of sheer "paranoia," i could only guess what the local gubment could/would do with those names.............

it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. on one hand, it's a great idea to work towards, on the other hand, it leaves one open to more goobermental control.
If Joe Citizen pays for the class himself and gets the permit, his name, address, SS#, etc., etc., is on that permit whether or not he paid for it or if it was paid for with taxpayer money. That is what I mean by who pays for the training class is irrelevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USEBOTHHANDS View Post
you bet you @$$ it's relevant! if you, J.Q. Public pays for it, then NOBODY has boo to say about it..........but if federal, state, or local goobers pay for it, then they can control the fine print on the documentation you sign. . . . . .smell what i'm steppin in????
Maybe there should be no permits. That way the government can't do a no-knock warrant on your house (like that would be smart) when the gun confiscation happens. Maybe there should be no required training. Maybe it should be like the Founders intended where if you were trained you qualified. If you had an aversion to guns then don't bother applying for the job. Bring what you got my fellow citizens.