Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Hell must of just froze over (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/hell-must-just-froze-over-71264/)

opaww 08-28-2012 03:27 AM

Hell must of just froze over

http://www.wdrb.com/story/19379852/jeffersontown-to-finalize-concealed-carry-class-plans-tomorrow

Jeffersontown expected to finalize concealed carry class plans Monday

Short but sweet

vincent 08-28-2012 03:39 AM

It explains why my feet are chilly...:p

Pig just flew by...craziness...

opaww 08-28-2012 03:48 AM

Tax money being put to good use for once

vincent 08-28-2012 04:06 AM

Be interesting to see if it passes...

Hell, I'd even chip in if it got more folks on board...and I don't even live there...

sputnik1988 08-28-2012 05:11 AM

I'm on the fence about this one, encouraging citizens to get a CCDW is awesome, using tax dollars to fund it? Not so much...

USEBOTHHANDS 08-29-2012 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sputnik1988 (Post 918467)
I'm on the fence about this one, encouraging citizens to get a CCDW is awesome, using tax dollars to fund it? Not so much...

i would be worried about the tax dollars ONLY because there would be a "role call" with multiple, multiple names, addresses, and phone numbers of locals that signed up for, took, and passed the class on public record!!!

out of sheer "paranoia," i could only guess what the local gubment could/would do with those names.............

it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. on one hand, it's a great idea to work towards, on the other hand, it leaves one open to more goobermental control.

gmaster456 08-29-2012 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sputnik1988 (Post 918467)

Better that than it going to some lost cause.

Vikingdad 08-29-2012 03:19 AM

Perhaps if people were given the option of paying for themselves or accepting government (taxpayer) assistance would help to determine which way the wind blows. If the majority of applicants paid for themselves I would think that this would indicate that people are in favor of self-funded CCW classes and opposed to publicly funded classes.

In any case, when the government requires a permit to carry they have your number anyhow. Who pays for the class is not relevent.

USEBOTHHANDS 08-29-2012 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vikingdad (Post 919740)
Perhaps if people were given the option of paying for themselves or accepting government (taxpayer) assistance would help to determine which way the wind blows. If the majority of applicants paid for themselves I would think that this would indicate that people are in favor of self-funded CCW classes and opposed to publicly funded classes.

In any case, when the government requires a permit to carry they have your number anyhow. Who pays for the class is not relevent.

you bet you @$$ it's relevant! if you, J.Q. Public pays for it, then NOBODY has boo to say about it..........but if federal, state, or local goobers pay for it, then they can control the fine print on the documentation you sign. . . . . .smell what i'm steppin in????

Vikingdad 08-29-2012 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USEBOTHHANDS (Post 919640)
i would be worried about the tax dollars ONLY because there would be a "role call" with multiple, multiple names, addresses, and phone numbers of locals that signed up for, took, and passed the class on public record!!!

out of sheer "paranoia," i could only guess what the local gubment could/would do with those names.............

it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. on one hand, it's a great idea to work towards, on the other hand, it leaves one open to more goobermental control.

If Joe Citizen pays for the class himself and gets the permit, his name, address, SS#, etc., etc., is on that permit whether or not he paid for it or if it was paid for with taxpayer money. That is what I mean by who pays for the training class is irrelevant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by USEBOTHHANDS (Post 920162)
you bet you @$$ it's relevant! if you, J.Q. Public pays for it, then NOBODY has boo to say about it..........but if federal, state, or local goobers pay for it, then they can control the fine print on the documentation you sign. . . . . .smell what i'm steppin in????

Maybe there should be no permits. That way the government can't do a no-knock warrant on your house (like that would be smart) when the gun confiscation happens. Maybe there should be no required training. Maybe it should be like the Founders intended where if you were trained you qualified. If you had an aversion to guns then don't bother applying for the job. Bring what you got my fellow citizens.