He took the fifth and won on appeal. - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > He took the fifth and won on appeal.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2014, 05:04 PM   #11
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8579 Times on 4953 Posts
Likes Given: 11135

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderingMind View Post
Lol, I don't see green text so I will assume (you know what they say about assum?) that you are serious.

My understanding of Original Intent about this subject is that a state statue can not override the Constitution as a requirement for issuance. Since then the Black Robe Gangsters have "Interpenetrated" the ever living snot out of the Constitution to get away with all manner of thuggery.

So now we have things like parolees having to sign wavers that give up their 4th and 5th Amendment Rights as condition of release. While I applaud the idea of being tough on criminals, it is not a good idea to treat a person who has a hunting licenses in the same manner you would a paroled rapist. I am not sure that the excuse that the game warden was just doing his job flies Constitutionally and if the guy showed up on my property here in AZ I would politely tell him to "Go get stuffed, and BTW, you're trespassing."

Hmm, I think I got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.. I might be the teensiest bit grumpy.
Yes, I am serious. In California a game warden can inspect your freezer and if game meat is found you must provide tags for it. There have been some cases where this has resulted in prosecutions.
Also, a couple of years ago there was a Cable TV show along the same lines as "Cops" that was being done in an area where I hunt occasionally (in and around Hollister, CA out to Panoche Valley and Tres Pinos) and my hunting buddies who live there said that the wardens were running roughshod all over the place with the TV crews and breaking through fences and gates onto private property in doing so. The landowners had no recourse in preventing it from happening. It never happened while I was there, but the older gal who owns the ranch I hunt said that they had come on her land a couple of times unannounced. She warned us that we were on our own if we didn't have tags, copper ammo (required there), side arms loaded with lead ammo, or anything that might even be misconstrued as not legal. She didn't care as far as she was concerned, but she said she couldn't help us if they did find us on her land. This old gal is not someone who takes any crap off of anybody.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 03-28-2014, 05:28 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2628 Times on 1191 Posts
Likes Given: 2549

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
A state can not take away your constitutional rights. Hunting license or not.
You'd think that but they take away 2A rights all the time.

Old 03-28-2014, 05:44 PM   #13

Liked 308 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Yes, I am serious. In California a game warden can inspect your freezer and if game meat is found you must provide tags for it. There have been some cases where this has resulted in prosecutions.
Also, a couple of years ago there was a Cable TV show along the same lines as "Cops" that was being done in an area where I hunt occasionally (in and around Hollister, CA out to Panoche Valley and Tres Pinos) and my hunting buddies who live there said that the wardens were running roughshod all over the place with the TV crews and breaking through fences and gates onto private property in doing so. The landowners had no recourse in preventing it from happening. It never happened while I was there, but the older gal who owns the ranch I hunt said that they had come on her land a couple of times unannounced. She warned us that we were on our own if we didn't have tags, copper ammo (required there), side arms loaded with lead ammo, or anything that might even be misconstrued as not legal. She didn't care as far as she was concerned, but she said she couldn't help us if they did find us on her land. This old gal is not someone who takes any crap off of anybody.
Wow, just WOW! Yet another reason to stay way from California. There is no way in hell I am letting any government official into my home without a warrant. So likely I would end up dead or in jail if I lived in CA.

How would they be able to tell the difference between the various meats. I have a big family and thus tend to buy in bulk then repackage items to suit my needs and instead of marking what each item is I use colored stickers in my own system (I have a case of 10000 stickers I needed to use up). I will repackage and mix various meats for some of my recipes and I make big batches of ingredients. I make a beef/chicken mix that goes in most of my Italian dishes and it takes a while to do properly. When frozen it all looks pretty much the same. So assuming I am still alive at this point how would the cops go about checking my freezer to tell what I have since again there is no way I would be talking to them without my lawyer on hand.
Criminals are never materially handicapped by such rules; the only effect is to disarm the peaceful citizen and put him fully at the mercy of the lawless. Such rules look very pretty on paper; in practice they are as foolish and footless as the attempt of the mice to bell the cat.

Letter to Alice Dalgliesh, the editor who was censoring his manuscript for Red Planet, regarding gun control registration and control Published in 1949

Old 03-28-2014, 07:23 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Quote:
“There’s no exception for the Game Commission under our Constitution to give them any greater police powers or less police powers than officer Joe Smith, walking the beat,” Zagurskie told the AP. “It’s so odd that that persists out there, and I think they believe that.”

Zagurskie’s argument was that the statute forced Coble to answer questions, or face punishment for an “unlawful” act.

The Perry County District Attorney then sided with Coble, and not the Game Commission, and the state attorney general and the Game Commission didn’t contest the appeal, which went in favor of Coble last week.
from the article.

I think you have hit upon the issue that irked the well-heeled victim of state-level Constitutional rights abuse.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 03-28-2014, 07:31 PM   #15
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8579 Times on 4953 Posts
Likes Given: 11135

Yeah, I'm not inclined to let any game warden inspect anything on my property either. I suspect that just would not end well. I was not even aware of it until my sons got their hunting licenses a couple of years ago. I might take the Hunter Safety Course again just for the entertainment if I can get VikingGal to take it too.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 03-28-2014, 07:38 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Bummer.............

Here in La., a Game warden has more jurisdiction than a cop! And thier way of thinking from the day they leave school is that you are guilty untill provin innocent...............Thats a fact Jack.............

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Vikingdad Likes This