HBO's Gunfights Documentary - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > HBO's Gunfights Documentary

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2012, 07:12 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 43 Times on 21 Posts

Oh I knew what I was in for when I turned it on. I think it's funny that somehow middle aged white males at gun shows are somehow responsible for the black on black gang wars going on in Philadelphia. These clowns at HBO are always trying to put a liberal spin on something, the problem is a lot of ignorant people will watch and take it as the truth.. Sad....,

Old 04-18-2012, 08:08 PM   #12

Liked 694 Times on 380 Posts
Likes Given: 1451

Now before we start the car and drive off down the same "All of the media is..." road; HBO having a liberal stance... maybe, but Showtime...?? They did give Penn & Teller a stab at gun control on their cable show "Bull$h*t"....

Have a look at this and then tell me what you think.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:22 PM   #13

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww
HOB and showtime are known for being anti-gun, so this is nothing new for them, and expected

Agreed, just more of the same from HBO.

I don't really understand why HBO has to have Bill Mahr, your either a Lib or your not. Does HBO think there going to sway Repubs or Libertarians to vote for Dems? Short answer is, no.
Same can be said for Fox News. Do they stay up at night praying that some Lib is going to change there views because they watched Bill O'reilly? Short answer is, no.

Let's face it if either lib or Rep media are trying to sway "independent voter's" there better off with a 30 second TV or radio commercial.

As a side note, I'm quite disappointed with Fox News coverage of the Zimmerman case. If I wanted to here anti gun crap I'd watch CNN, just saying.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:59 PM   #14
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21581 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshH View Post
Among the crap it says the primary way criminals get guns is through straw purchase. Come on now we all know theft is the primary way criminals get guns. O that and Obamas ATF goons selling them to the cartels of course!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
I could see the local thug using his "no record" girlfriend to buy guns but that should be a vigorously prossocuted minimum 10 years in the Gray Bar motel.

Unfortunately locking up Shinequa does not serve the liberal agenda.

Tack
actually a lot of guns do end up in the wrong persons hands because of straw purchases. but it is illegal, doesn't stop it from happening anyways. if they are caught doing it, then they should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. a lot of guns end up in criminals hands because they were stolen at one time and ended up on the blackmarket. the only people gun laws and restrictions hurt are the legal and law abiding citizens who purchase firearms, not the criminals. the antis and the media would have us to believe that gun laws and restrictions will curb crime. yeah, that has worked out well so far! what curbs crime is every responsible and law abiding citizen getting a CCW permit and carrying!

Old 04-19-2012, 12:10 AM   #15

Liked 2057 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760 View Post
Now before we start the car and drive off down the same "All of the media is..." road; HBO having a liberal stance... maybe, but Showtime...?? They did give Penn & Teller a stab at gun control on their cable show "Bull$h*t"....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCXtfR0_roE
Have a look at this and then tell me what you think.
Does not matter that they gave Penn and Teller a show spot Showtime is still anti-gun and always has been.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:19 AM   #16
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5662 Times on 2957 Posts
Likes Given: 375

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
actually a lot of guns do end up in the wrong persons hands because of straw purchases. but it is illegal, doesn't stop it from happening anyways. if they are caught doing it, then they should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. a lot of guns end up in criminals hands because they were stolen at one time and ended up on the blackmarket. the only people gun laws and restrictions hurt are the legal and law abiding citizens who purchase firearms, not the criminals. the antis and the media would have us to believe that gun laws and restrictions will curb crime. yeah, that has worked out well so far! what curbs crime is every responsible and law abiding citizen getting a CCW permit and carrying!
if the straw buyer is a minority and the gunstore clerk thinks its a straw buy and refuses to sell they got sharpeton jackson and cnn claiming racism...

then you get district attourneys that refuse to bring straw buys to trial and plead it off as misdemeanors. you got judges that accept the pleas and let the crime continue.

you then end up with honest gun buyers and stores blamed for inner city violence...

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...