Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Have you noticed that no gun-grabber can answer this?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2013, 12:03 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 812 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
I use the analogy of "Do you have a First-Aid kit?", or "Do you have a fire extinguisher?"

Whey they say "yes", ask them "Why?"

Then come back with "And you expect the law to be any quicker?"
And with no evil person trying to stop you from getting outside help!
Old 03-21-2013, 12:06 AM   #12

Liked 636 Times on 428 Posts
Likes Given: 385

From what I've seen there is pro-gun, and anti-gun, and not much in between. Also not much defecting to the other side. The fact that those people don't have an adequate answer to your question is usually not something to make them really think. REALLY think.

I would like to hear a story(s) about how an anti-gun person had a close call, or was robbed, or something, and became pro-gun. A true story......anyone got one?

I'll start, sorry, closest I can come: My cousin's wife, who as far as I know, was/is on the fence about the subject, almost got carjacked one Saturday night. They live close to us, in a small town. 2 guys tried to get into her car, fortunately, she drove off. Now she sort of has an interest in guns. I keep offering to take them out shooting, but so far they haven't come.......

Last edited by clr8ter; 03-21-2013 at 12:09 AM.
dango Likes This 
Old 03-21-2013, 12:40 AM   #13

Liked 5307 Times on 2914 Posts
Likes Given: 10141

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl
I use the analogy of "Do you have a First-Aid kit?", or "Do you have a fire extinguisher?"

Whey they say "yes", ask them "Why?"

Then come back with "And you expect the law to be any quicker?"
Genius......

No offense and none taken

People Like This 
Old 03-21-2013, 02:19 PM   #14

Liked 343 Times on 184 Posts
Likes Given: 70

As I've pointed out many times, people who push gun control think the government has sole responsibility for certain things. They want the government to be responsible for our safety and the Statists in government want the citizenry to be reliant on them so they also push that same meme.

Gun owners represent people who don't rely on the state for their own protection. That is unacceptable to both sides, the reliant on those that want to be relied on. For those that want to have the control, the gun owners represent people who do not believe they need the State for everything. For the reliant, it is a slap in their face to think that they might be wrong that only the State can protect them.

I know "protection from tyranny" has been a popular theme for gun owners lately, but really the debate is so much simpler than that.

"For every problem there is always a solution that is simple, obvious, and wrong." - Mark Twain

Old 03-21-2013, 11:27 PM   #15

Liked 1074 Times on 532 Posts
Likes Given: 71

I listened to Hannity today coming home from work. He had a lib on there who answered every question that we needed registration, backround checks and no magazine over 10 round.

One of the other callers kept asking him would he put a gun free zone sign on his house. He dodged and dodged that one.

Hannity asked what he would do if someone was breaking into his house, and he would not answer that either.

Typical of what I find out when the libs at my office start babbling.

A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!

Old 03-21-2013, 11:31 PM   #16

Liked 265 Times on 159 Posts
Likes Given: 441

Tell them they should buy a shotgun but they don't really have to shoot anyone. If someone breaks in just run to the porch and discharge the shotgun in the air, this will make the bad guy run away.

Uncle Joe said so.

Old 03-21-2013, 11:42 PM   #17

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

My dumba$$ professional student hippy sisters always hot me with the So you think it's OK to own a tank? I cna only reply I can do that now. Yet somehow I have refrained from it...Being they are REALLY expensive to buy and maintain.
They have a pretty good idea what I have here in the house and I remind them that somehow I have been able to fight off the desire to climb the clock tower and become the next news sensation. Because..As we know if you have a firearm you are required to go cruckin frazy and go no a rampage. Though if it was a school full of people like my sisters I can understand the desire...I wont condone it..Just understand it...

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 03-21-2013, 11:56 PM   #18

Liked 5307 Times on 2914 Posts
Likes Given: 10141

Actually, the Founders discussed this very issue - it's in the Federalist Papers. They wanted the citizens to have the same guns as were the issue weapons of soldiers in a modern infantry. Soldiers in 1776 were each issued muskets, but not the large field pieces with exploding shells. Today, soldiers are issued M4s, M249s, etc. but not howitzers and atomic bombs. Furthermore, according to your logic, the laws governing freedom of the press are only valid for newspapers whose presses are hand-operated and use fixed type. After all, no one in 1776 foresaw offset printing or electricity, let alone TV and satellite transmission.
---John Ross, Give It to Them Straight

No offense and none taken

People Like This