Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Have you ever seen such USA hate before?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2010, 03:58 AM   #121
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeisme View Post
I am not as old or as wise as many of the great guys on this forum, but at 37 what I do know is that I am scared for my 3 boys and the future they face long after I am gone. I am a student of history in fact thats my favorite topic. What were are seeing right now is what the germans saw, it is what the romans saw, it is what the russian people saw. That scares me, not just the threat to our second ammendment rights but to the constitution and as whole. We have a run away gevernment spending like mad. We have an economy that is in the crapper and people are scared and looking for answers. Many dictators through out history have used these circumstances to take control of a proud and honorable people. People are too willing to give up their rights in trade for comfort and security. We see this with the general attitude of entitlement that is so strong these days. I am like most other people on this forum I want what I can work for and I dont want it taken away. We have all seen our taxes and fees go up and up lately, I agree that we need a change, but we must be careful what we do with that change and the person promising it. Just my 2 cents
I'm sure there are many Mothers and Fathers on these boards that are just as afraid as you about the what we are handing over to them. I hope the one thing people take from this is this is what happens when voters do not do any real leg work on their own and get the facts before they go to the booth. If they go at all. Voter turnout was higher last election but it was nowhere near what it should have been. Our vote is a small price to pay for the freedoms we are allowed here in the U.S. I hope and pray that people stay angry, stay informed, and remind the powers that be that they are employees...Not the boss. Because of the mistakes of this and past administrations we are goingot have to really tighten our belts and get tings back on track. But we owe it to future Americans to do whatever is needed to get this country back on track. People have been willing to die to protect what we have.

Parents? teach your kids that everyone matters in this country. WE live in a great land that was once much greater. But for all we are given it is not for free. We owe a debt to the many that gave all they had including their lives to allow us to live in a place where freedom is abound. But we need to be willing to fight for it if need be. And a great weapon we all possess is our vote. WE need to not only use it but take the steps to make sure we use it wisely.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 08-20-2010, 04:40 AM   #122

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I would not have a problem with them selling War Bonds again!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 08-21-2010, 01:34 AM   #123

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerunner View Post
I would not have a problem with them selling War Bonds again!
The Gov't wouldn't have a problem with paying you back either,
as long as you can wait a few generations to redeem them. Oh,
the other new stipulation is You now pay Yourself the interest.