Have my rights been violated? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Have my rights been violated?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2012, 02:29 AM   #11
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2474 Times on 1326 Posts
Likes Given: 879

Google "online petition maker". There are several providers. I'll sign it immediately and I'm sure there are several others here who will jump on it.

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 03-07-2012, 02:40 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 984 Times on 629 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj

The great gulag known as Sillinoise is as bad or worse than Commiefornia...****cago is the great liberal bastion of the midwest (not to mention a blight on the otherwise pristine shores of Lake Michigan)
Sounds about right, won't argue about that!!! GO PACK GO

Old 03-07-2012, 02:43 AM   #13
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB View Post
Sounds about right, won't argue about that!!! GO PACK GO
Will withhold my thoughts on green bay (said the LIONS fan)

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 03-07-2012, 02:50 AM   #14
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 3360 Times on 1739 Posts
Likes Given: 354

Sounds like an activist manager has made a policy for "his" store. I'll bet it won't be "his" store much longer. Make a stink with corporate and get a positive result. DB's like this must be reigned in and sent packing.

Old 03-07-2012, 03:05 AM   #15
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2474 Times on 1326 Posts
Likes Given: 879

Here is the email I sent to Bass Pro Shops this evening. I encourage everyone else to do the same.

This evening, a fellow member of a online forum I participate in posted this message:

I took a trip to a local Bass Pro shop on Gurnee, IL today. I went to buy a few boxes of 45 GAP and was declined because I'm a Wisconsin resident!!! I thought there was a mistake because I buy & shoot there all the time. I asked for a manager and was told that Bass Pro will not sell handgun ammo to Wisconsin residents because of WI right to carry!!! I'm appalled! I have no idea how this makes any sense!!!

I would like you to know I will no longer be a customer of Bass Pro Shops, and I will be notifying everyone I can about this despicable policy.

Considering the market your company appeals to, this may be the most idiotic policy I could possibly imagine.

Here is the link to their email form: https://basspro.custhelp.com/app/ask

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Last edited by ScottA; 03-07-2012 at 03:07 AM.

Old 03-07-2012, 03:17 AM   #16

Liked 229 Times on 146 Posts
Likes Given: 450

I just counted 58 locations listed on the Bass Pro website, only 3 of which are in Illinois, the other 55 are in CC states, I seriously doubt the upper management would be happy about something like this, did you happen to get the name of the manager who you dealt with at the store?

Old 03-07-2012, 03:43 AM   #17

Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts

Its because it was in illinois

Old 03-07-2012, 03:49 AM   #18
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Awhile ago we used to go into the several Big 5 Sporting Goods stores in my area for various reasons. In one of them the manager was always a pain, but not too much so. If we were buying ammo for my two (minor) boys (they pay for their own for the most part, especially the .22 LR as the shoot it a lot) we would walk up to the gun counter and this jerk would ask me what I was after, I would ask the boys what ammo they wanted and the guy wouldn't take his eyes off of me and say "I'm sorry sir, I was asking you what you wanted, not the boys. I cannot sell ammunition to minors." and insisted that I tell him what the boys wanted as though he couldn't hear them. OK, the ammo was cheap and all and the guy was a jerk. So I ask for the ammo, he gives me the boxes and walks us to the register, takes over for the girl who was working it and when the boys take out their cash I had to take it from them and hand it to the manager, and he insisted that I must carry it out of the store myself. Whatever.

We had on another occasion gone in and another employee helped us, we looked at a couple of rifles (they do not sell handguns) with no problems. I would accept the gun, check it for safe/unloaded and hand it to the boys, they would check again, then they would ask for the ammo they wanted, pay for it and we went on our way. No big deal.

At one point the boys went into the same store with mom, the jerk manager was at the gun counter and the boys wanted to look at some. He refused and said it was illegal for minors to handle guns for any reason. My wife said that she would take the gun and he told her that she could not give it to the boys. She told the guy that they are very well versed in firearms and firearms safety, and furthermore probably knew more about the guns he sold than he did (probably true, not that I would have said it but you go momma!) and that they had been allowed to handle the guns in the store in the past. The guy actually said "Tell me which one of my employees did that so I can properly discipline them." Anyhow they walked out without buying anything. When they got home I shot an email to corporate headquarters and got a call back that day from somebody there (I have all the names here somewhere) so I let loose on the guy (very politely to the gal on the phone) saying how somebody with that attitude did not belong in a sporting goods store let alone managing one.

She assured me that the guy would be "retrained" or something. I am sure he was contacted and all but I haven't been back in there (this was last spring I think). Maybe we should go in and see if things have changed. I won't be buying anything though. Just having my boys handle the guns... if they'll let us.

Old 03-07-2012, 03:54 AM   #19

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

edit:

I just read your latest reply and sent them an e-mail with my opinion on the matter as well. Hopefully other members will follow suit and get this resolved. For anyone interested, here's a few phone numbers

1-800-227-7776 - corporate customer service
(847) 856-1229 - actual store #

Ill be calling them as well as emailing. I hate freedom hating activists.

Scott, would you be able to give us some details - manager name, date of visit, etc?

This guy does not deserve a job that millions of unemployed FREEDOM LOVING Americans would love to have.

Last edited by PrimePorkchop; 03-07-2012 at 04:06 AM.

Old 03-07-2012, 04:10 AM   #20

Liked 25 Times on 12 Posts

I tried emailing them a letter but I can't seem to get the right address. Anyone have it? Their link did not work for me