Has anyone joined a local militia? - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Has anyone joined a local militia?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2013, 11:45 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
In my state, the type of groups in the text I highlighted, would be called criminal gangs. I'm sure some do exist, and yes, they are Wackos. We have provisions for a state militia in our constitution, we have state troopers, and several other state police organizations. So far, they have done a great job of keeping our state safe.

Anyone who joins such an organization, should wear a brown shirt. They are thrill seekers, with no understanding of the Constitution or of law in general. They are misfits in society,they are no better, than "Hells Angles", the "Outlaws" or the "Crypts" or "Bloods".

These self appointed soldiers of the Constitution are no different than the Self appointed Jihadists of Islam. They are social misfits and losers. They think they have all of the answers, when they don't even understand the questions.
So, who are you to judge people you don't even know? Not all militias are made up of nutjobs, most of them are made up of normal people who want to help their state, and defend the Constitution (which does not always mean taking up arms against the government).

In fact, I'm seriously considering joining the Texas State Guard within the next few years because they do a LOT of good.

Chain, answer me this. Why should we take anything you say seriously? You have never defended your statements with solid proof, and they are nothing more than the opinions of one person.

In another thread, you told me to man up and answer your question, which I did without hesitation, so why won't you man up and answer the questions that numerous members have asked you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
I'd say calling him a troll is about the same as telling him to shut up.
No, that was one person's opinion, which is protected under the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution. Like I said before, you really need to go read a copy.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:00 AM   #62
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 170 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
We have elections in this country where the majority elects our leaders.

IMHO, joining a so-called militia puts you in the far out anti democracy nutzo group.

If don't like our government, join a political party and work to change it.

People in militias are like pouting children that are miffed because they aren't getting their way.
Based on your comments you were not a student of US history. I don't like our present administration, I am active within my political party and also held an elected position for 12 years, I am a member of a SDF but I am not a pouting child that is miffed because I am not getting my way.

Just for your enlightenment currently there are 23 states and territories that have modern militias. Most commonly known as State Defense Forces (SDFs) or state militias, these forces are distinct from the Reserves and the National Guard in that they serve no federal function. In times of both war and peace, SDFs remain solely under the control of their governors, allowing the governors to deploy them easily and readily in the event of a natural or man-made disaster.

US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
— Abraham Lincoln

People Like This 
Old 04-23-2013, 12:54 AM   #63

Liked 170 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
When have militia being used in America in the last 100 years and why would they be needed now.
Mississippi used theirs during and after hurricane Katrina.

US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
— Abraham Lincoln

Old 04-23-2013, 01:53 AM   #64

Liked 276 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckusaret

Mississippi used theirs during and after hurricane Katrina.
And being a survivor of that event, it really does make me thankful to have them, and all the more reason to join.

Old 04-23-2013, 01:57 AM   #65
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8832 Times on 3824 Posts
Likes Given: 1366

And...............having wandered further afield from the original post than Moses wandered in the wildnerness for 40 years, we have degenerated (once again) to harsh words, aspersions on the character, intelligence, ancestry and body odor of those you may disagree with, and flaming in general, Since my Nomex pajamas are still in the cleaners, we are done here.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

People Like This 
Closed Thread