Has anyone joined a local militia? - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Has anyone joined a local militia?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2013, 08:36 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6573 Times on 3638 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
It's a shame some folks don't have as much respect for the 1A as the second.
I don't recall anyone telling someone else to shut up. We're having a discussion. Just because we don't agree with his opinions, doesn't mean we don't think he has the right to say what he wants.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:38 PM   #52
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post

When have militia being used in America in the last 100 years and why would they be needed now.
Athens. Just one to start with. 1940's, I believe April of '47, but I may be mistaken.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:43 PM   #53

Liked 1557 Times on 937 Posts
Likes Given: 357

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
There are some pretty wacky people out there calling themselves militia. We can thank the media for a lot of the negative opinions as the overthrow the government guys are the only ones that will get any press.

Truth be told many states have militia that you will probably never hear of or about. They purposely fly under the radar and are not waiting for the end to get their rebel thing on. Many times they are ex military, pretty well trained and armed. They do their thing and no one usually ever knows a thing.
Many of these groups wont openly report to a governor any more than some U.S. military will blindly follow POTUS. Their loyalty is more to state and federal Constitutions then any one man or even the office. As that might be compromised with the very element that one would not want to follow.. If that makes them wacko then I think we should have more wackos.

Now I know that this does not sit real well with some of our more government loyalists but that's simply how it is. Sure, there are some pretty messed up groups out there but they are nowhere near all the same. Personally I would be much more weary of a group that says we report to the governor and so we are legit. I would not trust a militia that said we will report to Jerry Brown and do his bidding. I guess I"m just a wacko....
In my state, the type of groups in the text I highlighted, would be called criminal gangs. I'm sure some do exist, and yes, they are Wackos. We have provisions for a state militia in our constitution, we have state troopers, and several other state police organizations. So far, they have done a great job of keeping our state safe.

Anyone who joins such an organization, should wear a brown shirt. They are thrill seekers, with no understanding of the Constitution or of law in general. They are misfits in society,they are no better, than "Hells Angles", the "Outlaws" or the "Crypts" or "Bloods".

These self appointed soldiers of the Constitution are no different than the Self appointed Jihadists of Islam. They are social misfits and losers. They think they have all of the answers, when they don't even understand the questions.

Last edited by Chainfire; 04-22-2013 at 08:55 PM.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:47 PM   #54
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5949 Times on 3366 Posts
Likes Given: 5515

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
I don't recall anyone telling someone else to shut up. We're having a discussion. Just because we don't agree with his opinions, doesn't mean we don't think he has the right to say what he wants.

I'd say calling him a troll is about the same as telling him to shut up.

Winston Churchill

Old 04-22-2013, 08:49 PM   #55
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 462 Times on 317 Posts
Likes Given: 141

Quote:
Yeah, if the ARs are single shot.

The handguns have to either be antique, black powder, non centerfire unless they meet a certain lenght requirement (a barrel shorter than 30 cm or a total length of less than 60 cm), or rimfire. Plus, you have to have a license to own any of this
You are correct to a certin extent. But just as different states in America have different firearms laws different regions in the uk have different firearms laws. The ban did not apply to the part of the uk i live in black powder handguns are relatively easy to get and are popular in the rest of the UK. Don't get me wrong i wish the firearms laws were more like America but they are what they are and no stricter than a lot of European countries.

Last edited by manta; 04-22-2013 at 08:52 PM.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:35 PM   #56
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 143 Times on 87 Posts
Likes Given: 139

Nunya.........

Old 04-22-2013, 10:38 PM   #57

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
If that was the case then would not ones opinions be rendered unable to be seen or at the least the ability to post that opinion be gone?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 04-22-2013, 10:52 PM   #58
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5949 Times on 3366 Posts
Likes Given: 5515

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
If that was the case then would not ones opinions be rendered unable to be seen or at the least the ability to post that opinion be gone?
well, I still have all of my AR and AK rifles and my other guns, so I guess the 2A is still intact as well.

Winston Churchill

Old 04-22-2013, 11:12 PM   #59
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGlockOrGoHome View Post

Is anyone here on the forum a member of a militia?
If so, what are some of the activities y'all do?
How does one get involved?
Every activity y'all do is legal, I hope?
What exactly do meetings/gatherings look like?
Looking for more info...
The answer is
~yes
~none of your goddamned business
~none of your goddamned business
~of course it is, Im not stupid
~meetings look like a bunch of dudes BSing about survival gear and coded communication. One meeting was exclusively on natural disaster types and preparations

best advice if youre really interested in being part of a similar organization is to start one yourself. Just find some like minded friends and discuss scenarios so you know youre all the same page....go from there. You'll avoid the screwball, anti-government stickiness and then' you'll intimately know all your members. Then if SHTF, you have an idea what to do, who to recruit/ally with and what everyone elses strategies are. Keep it simple and dont wade in with the wackos. Be your own wacko....it's safer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
I suspect that if the Texas militia ever adopts a standard uniform, the shirts will be brown.
Firefly reference! badass

Quote:
Boooo! being called a troll and or being told to shut up is not and has never been an infringement of the 1A. its the embodiment you dink. There... thats another one.

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson
People Like This 
Old 04-22-2013, 11:29 PM   #60

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattledog View Post
Boooo! being called a troll and or being told to shut up is not and has never been an infringement of the 1A. its the embodiment you dink. There... thats another one.
I'm feeling a total non homosexual bro love for you right now.