Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Has anyone here read...........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2011, 06:38 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Default Has anyone here read...........

Absolved?

The War on Guns: Absolved

"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-18-2011, 06:59 PM   #2

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Yes I have. It has a very negative view of the country that I hope never comes to pass.

Join the NRA! Stop the Brady madness!

Old 11-18-2011, 07:14 PM   #3

Or perhaps,as the story quotes Locke,a "negative view" ALREADY is in its infancy-

“Whenever the legislators endeavor to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people, who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience.” ~ John Locke

"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

III%

Old 11-18-2011, 07:32 PM   #4

Liked 2056 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

I posted a link to it on the board a while back

Old 11-18-2011, 07:35 PM   #5

I read the first part awhile ago.
I didn't know Mike V. was making a whole book on it.

I'm enjoying it immensely.

-Mahatma Gandhi

III%

Old 11-18-2011, 08:55 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

It was a good read. Grim, but good.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 11-18-2011, 09:11 PM   #7
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Sure! I've been reading it as he kicks out new chapters. It's a good book and Mike V. paints a very grim picture to encourage us to AVOID this scenario.

If you don't read Vanderboegh's blog, check it out here and make it part of your daily reading, particularly if you want to keep current on Fast & Furious. (He and David Codrea were the two who broke this story and they continue to be heavily involved in digging up evidence and information.)

Old 11-19-2011, 12:56 AM   #8

What SCARES me,is that is if it were not for the two gents you mentioned above BKT,NOTHING would have come of Operation Gunrunner.

NOT A SINGLE MEDIA OUTLET WOULD HAVE SAID A DAMN THING.
Nothing to see here,move along..............

Well,except MAYBE someone like Alex Jones......and then it would just be another "conspiracy theory".

-Mahatma Gandhi

III%

Old 11-19-2011, 11:50 AM   #9
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

That's probably true. Dodson and other whistle-blowers might not have gotten any traction anywhere else.

If only today's investigative journalists were half as good as Vanderboegh and Codrea. Those two don't care about pissing off government officials.