Hard To Believe. - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Hard To Believe.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2012, 08:25 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 87 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 69

To get more control over the people is exactly why.

Old 12-23-2012, 08:25 PM   #12

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

As stated on other threads concerning the tragedy. There seems to be some real problems with the story from the beginning.

First report, only handguns were used. There was video of the longarm in the shooters car trunk.
There is 911 recordings and first reports of multiple shooters.

I tell myself my government wouldn't be responsable for the tragedy. Would they funnel the truth away and insert conveinent talking points to further the agenda, you bet.

FAST AND FURIOUS
BENGAHZI

NEVER FORGET

Old 12-23-2012, 08:30 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 207 Times on 113 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
I have no doubt that governments do wrong things. I don't see what motive and what they would get being involved in such events.

What greater good would come out of the events in Connecticut.
The same kind of "good" that came out of the restrictive gun laws passed after Dunblane on your side of the pond. One more step toward making
us "subjects" rather than citizens.

Old 12-23-2012, 08:30 PM   #14

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post

You got something wrong, confidence in our government is only very low in places where very conservative people hang out. If you will remember, just a few short weeks ago, there was enough confidence in our government to re-elect the POTUS. If, God forbid, the economy continues to improve, the confidence will continue to grow. Maybe that is why the Tea Party is fighting to take us over the cliff, if we fail, they look good.

If you only fly with sparrows, you think all birds are sparrows.
Chainfire, I guess when you pass you will have created a debt so large your grand children will be serfs. That is exactlly what we are doing on a national level.

Potus was reelected, so was the House of Representatives. Coequal branches of government. Not a dictator and a bunch of yes men.
God Bless the TEA Party.

NEVER FORGET

People Like This 
Old 12-23-2012, 08:50 PM   #15
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21592 Times on 12249 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

i have to agree that i have no confidence in the present administration in what they have done in the past, and don't feel they will fare any better in the near future.

out of control spending, causing a huge national debt, high unemployment figures, failed operations like the Fast and Furious fiasco that got many innocent people killed, lack of security at our embassy in Benghazi that left four Americans dead, the untold number of lies fed to the American people, ect., ect.,,,,,

Old 12-23-2012, 08:57 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 427 Times on 292 Posts
Likes Given: 131

[quotei have to agree that i have no confidence in the present administration in what they have done in the past, and don't feel they will fare any better in the near future. ][/quote]

There is a difference in not having confidence in your government and accusing it in being involved in the shooting in Connecticut.

What might of happened is a individual with psychological problems got hold mothers firearms and went on a shooting spree. Is that so hard to believe.

It feels like i am on the wrong forum. Its like the Twilight Zone.

Last edited by manta; 12-23-2012 at 09:03 PM.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:00 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1684 Times on 1153 Posts
Likes Given: 592

It really has nothing to do with the administration. Obama can't do anything without congress. The media might try to shame us into giving up our rights but it's not happening. If something real was being done to secure the country I might be flexible. Nothing real is being done - Responsible gun owners cannot be punished for the actions of one person.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 12-23-2012, 09:05 PM   #18

Liked 2564 Times on 1155 Posts
Likes Given: 2462

Quote:
You got something wrong, confidence in our government is only very low in places where very conservative people hang out. If you will remember, just a few short weeks ago, there was enough confidence in our government to re-elect the POTUS. If, God forbid, the economy continues to improve, the confidence will continue to grow. Maybe that is why the Tea Party is fighting to take us over the cliff, if we fail, they look good.

If you only fly with sparrows, you think all birds are sparrows.
What improvement in the economy? You really got your head in the sand. You said obama wouldn't try to ban guns too. Can't you see what's going on? Remember obama's first campaign where he had that phony NRA member telling us how good obama would be for gun rights. Now the libs are shouting the NRA has blood on their hands. If anybody has blood on them it's the left wing idiots and their ridiculous gun free zones and all the people who voted for these wacko pie in the sky liberals.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:12 PM   #19

Liked 1487 Times on 899 Posts
Likes Given: 348

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
i have to agree that i have no confidence in the present administration in what they have done in the past, and don't feel they will fare any better in the near future.

out of control spending, causing a huge national debt, high unemployment figures, failed operations like the Fast and Furious fiasco that got many innocent people killed, lack of security at our embassy in Benghazi that left four Americans dead, the untold number of lies fed to the American people, ect., ect.,,,,,
Axxe, you blame the attack on Benghazi on the some conspiricy of the government. Do you blame a Bush conspiricy for 9-11, Roosevelt for Pearl Harbor, or Grant for Custer's haircut? Geez folks, stuff happens, it always has and always will. The difference is only in the mind set of the conspiricy theorists. If you want to see the boogey man behind every bush, you will, that doesn't mean he is really there, waiting to get you.

When you put embassies in unstable areas, sometimes you lose people. Was the security ineffective? Hell yes. Our NSA, CIA and other agencies can't see into the future, they allocate resources to the best of their judgements. Sometimes judgements are wrong, in this case, dead wrong. The allocation of security was probably made by some bored bean counter in St. Paul. It is not some sort of conspiricy, it is just that our govenment is not perfect. (as we are reminded here so often)

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 12-23-2012, 09:24 PM   #20
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21592 Times on 12249 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
[quotei have to agree that i have no confidence in the present administration in what they have done in the past, and don't feel they will fare any better in the near future. ]

There is a difference in not having confidence in your government and accusing it in being involved in the shooting in Connecticut.

What might of happened is a individual with psychological problems got hold mothers firearms and went on a shooting spree. Is that so hard to believe.

It feels like i am on the wrong forum. Its like the Twilight Zone.[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Axxe, you blame the attack on Benghazi on the some conspiricy of the government. Do you blame a Bush conspiricy for 9-11, Roosevelt for Pearl Harbor, or Grant for Custer's haircut? Geez folks, stuff happens, it always has and always will. The difference is only in the mind set of the conspiricy theorists. If you want to see the boogey man behind every bush, you will, that doesn't mean he is really there, waiting to get you.

When you put embassies in unstable areas, sometimes you lose people. Was the security ineffective? Hell yes. Our NSA, CIA and other agencies can't see into the future, they allocate resources to the best of their judgements. Sometimes judgements are wrong, in this case, dead wrong. The allocation of security was probably made by some bored bean counter in St. Paul. It is not some sort of conspiricy, it is just that our govenment is not perfect. (as we are reminded here so often)
i never said they were involved. what i have said and will say again, is simply they are using this tragedy to their political advantage to further their agenda to ban and restrict certain types of firearms. and they are using the media to mislead and lie to the American people. please don't put words in my mouth. Manta, if you can't handle the answers people are giving, then don't ask the question and get all bent aout of shape when you don't hear what you think you should. people have different opinions on this, and as long as it's civil, let them speak.

Chainfire, the government was warned several times from various reports that there were security issues that needed to be addressed and that they needed help in that unstable environment. the government neglected to address those issues and four Americans were killed. that's negligence, pure and simple and the present administration knew about it, and failed to take precautions that could have saved those people.

Last edited by Axxe55; 12-23-2012 at 09:27 PM.