halt all government sales - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > halt all government sales

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 03:54 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 87 Times on 66 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Instead of just voicing this on the forum, why not all of us who have facebook accounts post a plea to all firearm, ammo and accessory manufactures to suspend sales and services to all government accounts until they cease trampling on our 2A rights. If this is done, the word will spread like wildfire through the country and you know the government and manufactures will hear our collective voices. Worth a shot !!!!

Jim.......

Visit me on FaceBook at Alvord Limited Custom Gunsmithing.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alvord-Limited-Custom-gunsmithing/637828296334671?ref=bookmarks
opaww Likes This 
Old 01-10-2013, 04:10 PM   #22

Liked 87 Times on 66 Posts
Likes Given: 25

I just posted on my facebook page. Please go to it (James Alvord) and like, share and comment. Lets get this going. Time for idle chat is over.

Jim............

Visit me on FaceBook at Alvord Limited Custom Gunsmithing.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alvord-Limited-Custom-gunsmithing/637828296334671?ref=bookmarks

Old 01-10-2013, 04:26 PM   #23
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5526 Times on 2886 Posts
Likes Given: 359

Mr barret gave us the idea the rest need to follow him. Extend it to federal agencies.

Im betting fn makes more money selling barrels to private business who contract with them than they make selling weapons at near cost to the feds.

The profit margins on civvy sales by the manufacturer is much higher than the margins on govt sales.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-10-2013, 04:28 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Since we the people own the governmemt we the people should get first dibs on all production. This includes sales to supply military units.
Yeah, that's a brilliant idea. Put our volunteer armed forces at even more risk than they already are defending some ####hole third world country. Absolutely brilliant. What a great way to make even more people want to fight for our country.

Old 01-10-2013, 04:31 PM   #25

Liked 4736 Times on 2290 Posts
Likes Given: 1460

Jon's suggestion makes sound business sence and I can give a historical example...

Durring WWII most all factory production was geared toward fueling the arsenal of Democracy.

The two major motorcycle manufacturers were Indian and Harley but only 1 survived to post war years.

Indian at the time had what most considered to bs the superior product but they droped dealer support durring war effort to feed the army motorcycles. Harley was also busy filling military orders but ALSO kept there dealers stocked with accessories and a handfull of bikes.

Post war saw returning vets, many who were introduced to bikes in the service snatching up surplus Army bikes and the Harley Dealers were there to service them. We all know how this story ends and the gun industry is no different.

Innovation has never been driven by Government contracts. It's always been a result of competition for the civilian market.

Being in construction, I know a few things about Government contracts and their financial penalties for failure so canceling active contracts is not going to happen...BUT an industry wide notice to the Government that no future orders would be accepted until civilian demand had been met COULD be done and WOULD put an end to this argument.

It all goes back to the "Goose and Gander" philosophy and manufacturers KNOW where there bread is buttered. Gov contracts can be nice BUT companies live or die by the choices of the American consumer, not the American Government...PERIOD

We can aid this notion by putting manufacturers on notice that WE will choose to do business with firms that fill our demand FIRST.

Tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Firearms and ammunition and accessory makers should halt all firearms sales ammunition sales and accessory sales to all government agencies state federal and city until all civilian demand for ammo firearms and accessories have been met and no threat of government banning is present.

Since we the people own the governmemt we the people should get first dibs on all production. This includes sales to supply military units.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:34 PM   #26

Liked 208 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 289

Don't see It working. Ibdont know how much money the government spends on ammunition every year, but would venture to say that the American people couldn't dent that number. When push comes to shove, the almighty dollar rules. I'm sure the government is finding ways to tell these manufacturing companies that the money will be there If a ban goes in effect.

Old 01-10-2013, 04:41 PM   #27

Liked 3803 Times on 1830 Posts
Likes Given: 682

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyChadwell
Don't see It working. Ibdont know how much money the government spends on ammunition every year, but would venture to say that the American people couldn't dent that number. When push comes to shove, the almighty dollar rules. I'm sure the government is finding ways to tell these manufacturing companies that the money will be there If a ban goes in effect.
You haven't seen the gun stores lately, have you?... We're fighting 2 wars for over 10 years, and have given stimulus money to the Feds...
The gun stores were stocked full until 2 weeks ago...
Cleaned out in 2 days by the civilian sector. I think people like magpul, Troy, and Spikes tactical know who butters their bread in the morning.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 01-10-2013, 05:05 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1524 Times on 1033 Posts
Likes Given: 532

I wish I could say we don't have a need for troops to be on foriegn soil but we do have a huge need. We have shipping that needs to be protected. We have embassies that need to be protected. We have seen how counting on the local armies and police to protect our embassies works. We have business interests around the world that needs to be protected. We need military bases all around the world so any military response is swift and well manned. These military bases are also essential to protecting our interests.

Putting more boots on the ground around the world is essential to rebuilding our society. The reason we became the greatest civilization ever after WWII is we had millions of well trained workers. All these workers were trained by the military or supplying the war effort. Our military can be our greatest civilian asset if we allow it to happen.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 01-10-2013, 05:37 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
I support our troops where ever they may be and I will not deny them the resources they need but I have to ask myself why the hell are they in Afghanistan or Iraq. Are they there to deny a base for terrorists or are they there to protect our oil supply? We should develop our own resources and get the hell out of the middle east. We have the resources to become the worlds largest producer and supplier of petroleum and natural gas. If we developed those resources we would not have to send our best over there to fight and die. It would also create enough wealth to get us out of our current financial fix.
I do agree we should cut off the rest of the Feds.
Oil supply in Iraq, yes. Don't forget the billions of dollars in the heroin trade in Afghanistan as well. American soldiers guarding the oil reserve, and guarding the poppy fields too. Why?

Old 01-10-2013, 05:54 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 398 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 588

Anybody have a reasonably comprehensive list of manufacturers?
I don't see much coming out of it but it sure is worth a shot.

Hey..... what's the red button do?