halt all government sales - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > halt all government sales

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 02:08 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4659 Times on 2320 Posts
Likes Given: 1086

Don't forget when Ronnie Barret did this to California and threatened Hawaii..

Old 01-10-2013, 02:12 PM   #12

I think this idea is doable.

I could see many gun companies getting behind this, because their brea and butter is the civilian market.

These firearm companies are civilian owned.

I could see many if not most gun owners getting behind it.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:12 PM   #13
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6465 Times on 3435 Posts
Likes Given: 482

I just worry that a citizenry not armed with equivelant gear as the military has makes anything we do overseas a moot point. More people will die here on our shores from people just following orders.

The second ammendment ensures our freedom from tyranny and it potentially getting wiped out by presidential fiat in the next few weeks is very disturbing. I just think its prudent to cease supplying the government before its too late.

We just witnessed not too long ago the supreme court stating a clearly unconstitutional law being constitutional. Its totally probable that any decree from on high will be upheld by the supreme court regardless of its true constitutional status.

Fighting now to make sure the people are well armed and supplied is important

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 01-10-2013, 02:13 PM   #14

Liked 2182 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Firearms and ammunition and accessory makers should halt all firearms sales ammunition sales and accessory sales to all government agencies state federal and city until all civilian demand for ammo firearms and accessories have been met and no threat of government banning is present.

Since we the people own the governmemt we the people should get first dibs on all production. This includes sales to supply military units.
Well shoot- Has anyone bothered to just ask them
---------------------------------------------------
>>>> Thats a joke son i say thats a joke

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 01-10-2013, 02:15 PM   #15

Liked 840 Times on 465 Posts
Likes Given: 1742

Here here!!
But... (and there's a but at the end of everything..)... keep in mind that businesses are in it for the money... and the government can pay any exorbitant amount the manufacturer's ask (because it's our money they use) AND I'm sure at least one or more are contractually obligated as well.
Another common sense proposal... like doing away w/ "gun free" zones, shoring up the back ground checks and a nationwide reciprocity carry/conceal law.... so it probably will not happen.

Meanwhile... back at the farm; http://cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwyn-williams-jr/panic-one-million-ar-15-magazines-backorder

Old 01-10-2013, 02:17 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760 View Post
Here here!!
But... (and there's a but at the end of everything..)... keep in mind that businesses are in it for the money... and the government can pay any exorbitant amount the manufacturer's ask (because it's our money they use) AND I'm sure at least one or more are contractually obligated as well.
Another common sense proposal... like doing away w/ "gun free" zones, shoring up the back ground checks and a nationwide reciprocity carry/conceal law.... so it probably will not happen.

Meanwhile... back at the farm; http://cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwyn-williams-jr/panic-one-million-ar-15-magazines-backorder
Yeah, but look at the sheer volume of business civilians give these gun owners. The government will choose sig, colt, HK, and be done with it.

I don't think it matters how many guns the government buys, these gun companies will still lose millions if civilian sales are restricted.

LETS BREAK OUT A LIST OF CONTACT INFO AND GET THIS BALL ROLLING!!!!

Old 01-10-2013, 02:51 PM   #17

My letter to Magpul, feel free to cut and paste. Send this to every gun manufacturer, and post email addresses as you do. Also, get this out to all your other gun forums....

magpul@magpul.com

Magpul,

It was Benjamin Franklin who so eloquently stated, "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately."

I, among numerous other gun owners, are trying to send a message to those in power, who think they can trample our constitutional rights, shutter business, destroy a successful industry (namely yours), and interpret laws or create new ones at their whim. Laws which have been proven not to work, but which will destroy many of us, just so they can pat themselves on the back and say "mission accomplished."

Ronnie Barrett showed us exactly what his stance on the Second Amendment was, when he refused to sell or service to agencies not friendly to American gun owners. We believe that this was a single, selfless act of patriotism.

We would like to see all businesses on board, as these laws effect not only your industry, but you employees, your customers, and the very Constitution under which you operate.

We would like to see every single firearm manufacturer, ammunition manufacturer, and every single business that is in business because of the Second Amendment stand up and say "Enough." "We will not sell to, work with or contribute to arming the police, government and military if the laws do not allow us to conduct business freely with the civilian public."

Together, we can send a direct message, and let these people know, that an affront against the Second Amendment, is an affront against Americans everywhere, and Americans are not going to stand for a government and police force that is arming themselves at an alarming rate, while demanding that law abiding gun owners disarm.

One company might make a difference, but the undeniable truth is, that the majority of companies together, letting their voices be heard, sends a direct message to those in power that we will no longer tolerate affronts against us.

These government agencies buy firearms and ammunition from civilian companies, accessorize those firearms by civilian companies, and seek training from civilian companies, staffed by civilians, made into successful companies by civilian sales...who are all subject to being turned into criminals overnight. That is an example of outright hypocrisy which no company should willingly side with.

Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter,
Gun owners everywhere.

Last edited by Mosin; 01-10-2013 at 02:59 PM.
People Like This 
Old 01-10-2013, 03:02 PM   #18
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3310 Times on 1906 Posts
Likes Given: 1410

I agree, but...

Purchases by the government is done by contract. Violating said contracts could result in fines, levies, and other monies that the contractor may not be able to afford and as a result could end up shutting their doors.
That would leave us with nothing.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 01-10-2013, 03:10 PM   #19

Those companies are going to shutter their doors if an AWB passes anyways. Not all, but some will, especially the little fish that popped up after the AWB sunsetted.

Anyways, they can also fulfill their contract and threaten not to renew. No ones saying they have to just stop.

Old 01-10-2013, 03:50 PM   #20

Liked 1291 Times on 763 Posts
Likes Given: 403

I hope my first post is not taken as an attack on Jonm, it was not meant that way but as I reread it I can see it being viewed with more insult than I intended.

As to the argument that we need to be equally armed as the government to fight a rogue government, I think that first of all civilians just simply will never be able to afford to even put a dent in the air superiority that the military will have. However look to the last 2 wars and how poorly armed but diligent figthers have caused a lot of problems for our troops. I don't think it will really come to that but a lot of the super high tech armaments that our military has just would not be effective in trying to fight a civilian uprising.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson