Gunshop that sold Nancy Lanza her Bushmaster... - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Gunshop that sold Nancy Lanza her Bushmaster...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2013, 10:54 PM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8835 Times on 3824 Posts
Likes Given: 1366

Have seen nothing that directly connects the sale to Mom and license being suspended. The issue of accounting for stock is the stated problem- and it sounds like dealer was being ripped by a part time employee.

If you cannot show a 1 to 1 relation in your bound book between guns acquired and guns disposed of..... "Houston.... We have a problem"

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

alsaqr Likes This 
Old 04-08-2013, 12:21 AM   #12
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1319 Times on 689 Posts
Likes Given: 606

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Have seen nothing that directly connects the sale to Mom and license being suspended. The issue of accounting for stock is the stated problem- and it sounds like dealer was being ripped by a part time employee.

If you cannot show a 1 to 1 relation in your bound book between guns acquired and guns disposed of..... "Houston.... We have a problem"
The article made it apparent that this owner had a real inventory control problem. It also inferred that he was notified of the revocation 60 days before the day of the raid and did not respond to stop the revocation. If you have a license, you must play their game their way if you expect to keep it. However, I'm sure the Sandy Hook incident brought excessive attention to his less-than-perfect record. I believe that Mrs. Lanza could have bought a weapon from the most fastidious FFL dealer and that incompetence of the dealer was not necessarily a component of putting the weapon in Adam's hand. That seems to have been the sole responsibility of the Mother.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

People Like This