Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Guns in The United States (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/guns-united-states-81475/)

OEFvet10072001 01-16-2013 08:26 AM

My general view on guns, specifically assault rifles such as AR-15 and AK-47, is that there should be a ban on the manufacturing of them for civilians along with higher than normal capacity magazines. Hopefully the president will also put in a UNIVERSAL background check and mental check.

Here's to the President against military assault rifles in the hands of civilians.

texaswoodworker 01-16-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OEFvet10072001 (Post 1095910)
My general view on guns, specifically assault rifles such as AR-15 and AK-47, is that there should be a ban on the manufacturing of them for civilians along with higher than normal capacity magazines. Hopefully the president will also put in a UNIVERSAL background check and mental check.

Here's to the President against military assault rifles in the hands of civilians.

1. AR-15, AK-47s, and other rifles are RARELY used in any crime. (Knives and bats are used MUCH more)

2. The President cant do ****. Only Congress can enact new laws.

3. What is a "Universal" background check? It's already illegal to buy a gun if you are mentally ill or a criminal.

4. You have NO say as to what happens in OUR country just like we have no say as to what happens in YOUR country.

5. BE GONE TROLL!

OEFvet10072001 01-16-2013 08:47 AM

Voice what you will but AR-15 and AK-47 shouldn't be in the hands of civilians period especially mentally ill individuals who gain access to those types of weapons and hi cap magazines. Universal background checks would be a better look into a persons mental health background along with criminal and it would close the private and gun show sale loopholes who account for +30% of unregistered guns in the hands of mad men or women in the US.

NotMormon 01-16-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OEFvet10072001 (Post 1095910)
My general view on guns, specifically assault rifles such as AR-15 and AK-47, is that there should be a ban on the manufacturing of them for civilians along with higher than normal capacity magazines. Hopefully the president will also put in a UNIVERSAL background check and mental check.

Here's to the President against military assault rifles in the hands of civilians.

Daawaaaaaht? I was going to call you a d-bag but that wouldn't be very nice. Where ever you reside, I can only hope that you stay put. Maybe one day you can have the pleasure of being led to the shower.

OEFvet10072001 01-16-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotMormon

Daawaaaaaht? I was going to call you a d-bag but that wouldn't be very nice. Where ever you reside, I can only hope that you stay put. Maybe one day you can have the pleasure of being led to the shower.

I have no idea what you're talking about so let's stay on topic shall we? Thanks.

texaswoodworker 01-16-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OEFvet10072001 (Post 1095923)
Voice what you will but AR-15 and AK-47 shouldn't be in the hands of civilians period especially mentally ill individuals who gain access to those types of weapons and hi cap magazines. Universal background checks would be a better look into a persons mental health background along with criminal and it would close the private and gun show sale loopholes who account for +30% of unregistered guns in the hands of mad men or women in the US.

Why shouldn't LAW ABIDING CITIZENS have an AR-15 or AK-47? If a criminal or mad man wants one, they will get one. No amount of laws will stop that.
In the UK, hand grenades are highly illegal. They are currently having problems with criminals getting them. Bans won't stop criminals from getting what they want.
A ban on high capacity magazines will not stop anything either. It takes about a second to change a mag. So it doesn't matter if the mag holds 5, 10, 30, or even 100 rounds. It won't have any real effect on the gun's speed. A second or two is NOT enough time to charge a shooter.
Where are you getting your stats on gun show loopholes (private sells)? Most criminals steal their guns. They don't want to use something that could be tracked back to them. Most people who do private sells either go ahead and go through an FFL to get their gun transferred, or record the buyer's personal info (drivers license, name, address, ect).
An we will NOT register our guns. Hell, most of your country wouldn't, then your politicians admitted to how much of a failure their national gun registration system was.
History has proven too many times what gun registration will cause. We don't plan on letting that happen again.

kytowboater 01-16-2013 09:03 AM

Reported tex, ignore the commie fool.

M1Anut 01-16-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OEFvet10072001
My general view on guns, specifically assault rifles such as AR-15 and AK-47, is that there should be a ban on the manufacturing of them for civilians along with higher than normal capacity magazines. Hopefully the president will also put in a UNIVERSAL background check and mental check.

Here's to the President against military assault rifles in the hands of civilians.

Wtf? Where the hell you from?

NotMormon 01-16-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OEFvet10072001 (Post 1095930)
I have no idea what you're talking about so let's stay on topic shall we? Thanks.

Not too bright, are ya!

texaswoodworker 01-16-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kytowboater (Post 1095935)
Reported tex, ignore the commie fool.

I reported about 5-6 of his posts too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by M1Anut (Post 1095936)
Wtf? Where the hell you from?

Canada...


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:49 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.