guns in schools?!? - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > guns in schools?!?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2013, 08:45 PM   #51
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
No offense taken, I agree.

Are you ****ting me? If I buy a chainsaw, and never take it out of the box, or touch it, it's inherently safe, too. Some tools are just dangerous. Chainsaws, table saws, explosives, and GUNS all fall into this category. If they didn't, we wouldn't be having so many "accidents with them, now, would we? A couple years ago, a local police chief shot himself, with a blank in his own gun. Messed his arm up pretty bad, I hear.
tools and guns are inherently safe. it's the operator using them thats the problem. anything used correctly and as it was designed to be used is inherently safe. problem is the liberal approach is to blame the tool or item, and not the operator for being stupid or unsafe.

Old 03-03-2013, 08:56 PM   #52
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1275 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Plus, the media make sure they never miss an opportunity to sensationalize any incident they can use to make guns look "evil", whereas accidents and even murders involving other stuff like axes, hammers, etc are hardly ever noticed.

Old 03-03-2013, 09:02 PM   #53
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2077 Times on 1228 Posts
Likes Given: 1021

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
Exactly, when you lose your liberty in the name of security you will realize how wrong you were.
You obviously do not understand this quote, or you are just trying to rationalize your lack of support for those who do!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 03-03-2013, 09:09 PM   #54

Liked 2050 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
I guess we will have agree to disagree on that. Guns are one of the most inherently safe tools in the world. And we ALL have a RIGHT to carry a gun for self defense reasons regardless of our choice of occupation!
I agree that the teachers have a right to defend themselves, in a CC capacity. But if they are going to take on an 'official' security role at the school, I think then that a person needs much more than CC training for that to work. I've seen some pretty horrible shooting at the range!
Old 03-03-2013, 09:25 PM   #55
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

[QUOTE=chloeshooter;1162148]I agree that the teachers have a right to defend themselves, in a CC capacity. But if they are going to take on an 'official' security role at the school, I think then that a person needs much more than CC training for that to work. I've seen some pretty horrible shooting at the range![/QU

That is the point. There is no need for them to take on any 'official' security role.
All they need do is just be a CC person and go about their business a usual, like the rest of us.
One thing EVERYONE is seems to forget, the probability of a child K thru 12 being killed at school by a bullet is so remote it is not even on the scale of them being killed my lightning, or in a school bus accident or around the home in an accident. Why all this unrealistic BS when all we need is a few teachers who will except the the responsibility of being CC people.

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!

Old 03-03-2013, 09:26 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
I agree that the teachers have a right to defend themselves, in a CC capacity. But if they are going to take on an 'official' security role at the school, I think then that a person needs much more than CC training for that to work. I've seen some pretty horrible shooting at the range!
i live near and work in a town of a little over 18,000 people. one of the school districts just approved CC by teachers and administrators if they held a CC permit. but they would have to attend additional training before they were allowed to carry in the school. now i haven't heard yet what this additional training would be, but IMO, it's a good idea.

another school district in the county i live in is also considering a proposal to allow teachers to carry as well. and it's one of the smaller school districts in our county.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:47 PM   #57

Liked 1113 Times on 739 Posts
Likes Given: 734

Quote:
tools and guns are inherently safe. it's the operator using them thats the problem. anything used correctly and as it was designed to be used is inherently safe. problem is the liberal approach is to blame the tool or item, and not the operator for being stupid or unsafe.
In no way did I mean that there is never any operator error, or stupidity involved. But how do you explain that professional loggers get hurt fairly frequently, and a police chief shooting himself? These are supposed to be the best-trained people.......
Part of it might simply be that with certain tools, the consequences for screwing up are higher than with other tools......

Old 03-03-2013, 09:53 PM   #58
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
i live near and work in a town of a little over 18,000 people. one of the school districts just approved CC by teachers and administrators if they held a CC permit. but they would have to attend additional training before they were allowed to carry in the school. now i haven't heard yet what this additional training would be, but IMO, it's a good idea.

another school district in the county i live in is also considering a proposal to allow teachers to carry as well. and it's one of the smaller school districts in our county.
A step in the right direction. But you will not see any large urban school district go along with those 'terrible guns' in schools!!!

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-03-2013, 09:57 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
In no way did I mean that there is never any operator error, or stupidity involved. But how do you explain that professional loggers get hurt fairly frequently, and a police chief shooting himself? These are supposed to be the best-trained people.......
Part of it might simply be that with certain tools, the consequences for screwing up are higher than with other tools......
the logging industry is a very dangerous one to begin with. the saw they use is no less safe than the one anyone else can buy. it's the profession that's dangerous. farming is also a very dangerous industry.

the police chief was an idiot. i rest my case.

Old 03-03-2013, 09:58 PM   #60

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau

You obviously do not understand this quote, or you are just trying to rationalize your lack of support for those who do!
I understand completely, it is you who is one sided, and it will be the downfall.

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

locutus Likes This