guns in schools?!? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > guns in schools?!?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2013, 04:23 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLET9992

Idk about yall but I'm in east Texas. Here the police respect you & understand who they work for & serve. If you CC even when it's against the "law", how what would give them the right to search you if they don't know you have one. Even to do a basic pat down you need reasonable suspicion. 2nd off I'm pretty sure that if someone had illegally CC'd at the theater, colombine, sandy hook, ft. Hood, etc. & saved even one life, I'm pretty sure they'd have the respect of the property owners. It's fine if you decide to sacrifice your right to self preservation for whatever reason but don't others to willingly do so. The same constitution that guarantees your right to choose to not carry is the same one that guarantees my right to decide to carry.
Word it any way you want.. You not only risk ALL of your rights, including the right to vote if your convicted of a felony but you give the far left more ammo for there agenda because you are no longer a law abiding gun owner, your a law breaker. It's pretty black and white and this type of 'reasoning' is blurring the lines and making things harder on the rest of us law abiding gun owners. Furthermore this reasoning makes one believe you will break or bend any other law you feel is unconstitutional or unjust and that is not the way the constitution was set up for laws to be made or changed, you are more part of the problem then the solution.

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

People Like This 
Old 03-03-2013, 04:26 PM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1998 Times on 1183 Posts
Likes Given: 957

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
Word it any way you want.. You not only risk ALL of your rights, including the right to vote if your convicted of a felony but you give the far left more ammo for there agenda because you are no longer a law abiding gun owner, your a law breaker. It's pretty black and white and this type of 'reasoning' is blurring the lines and making things harder on the rest of us law abiding gun owners. Furthermore this reasoning makes one believe you will break or bend any other law you feel is unconstitutional or unjust and that is not the way the constitution was set up for laws to be made or changed, you are more part of the problem then the solution.
I know the safe thing to do is to 'give up your seat and go to the back of the bus'!!!
If your going to talk the talk you need to walk the walk!!!!
I guess if I use your reasoning, as a LEO I am obliged to enforce the laws which violate YOUR RTKABA'S too!!!!
How much further are you going to slid down the 'slippery slope' before you wise up!!!!
You fail to recognize the 'laws' your refer to are passed by the anti gunners you wish to make happy and are unconstitutional!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Last edited by JimRau; 03-03-2013 at 04:34 PM.

Old 03-03-2013, 04:30 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau

I know the safe thing to do is to 'give up your seat and go to the back of the bus'!!!
If your going to talk the talk you need to walk the walk!!!!
So much fail..

When you lose all your rights a citizen, I WILL say I told you so. Do it right or not at all.

DISCE PATI

Old 03-03-2013, 04:36 PM   #44

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:

Your point is that it is somewhat dangerous is well received. However its more dangerous to be caught in a deadly situation with no adequate means to defend your self is significantly more dangerous. Me & my type are not the problem & if you truly believe that then I fear your ideals have been scewed.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:41 PM   #45
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1998 Times on 1183 Posts
Likes Given: 957

Quote:
So much fail..

When you lose all your rights a citizen, I WILL say I told you so. Do it right or not at all.
My feeling exactly! The Right way is the only way to do it so stand up and be counted, because most will make excuses to hide or runaway from the people who will intentional take your rights.
I hope you can live with the guy in the mirror when you realize how wrong you are!
I think the quote goes something like 'those who give up their liberty for security have neither'!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 03-03-2013, 04:46 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLET9992

Your point is that it is somewhat dangerous is well received. However its more dangerous to be caught in a deadly situation with no adequate means to defend your self is significantly more dangerous. Me & my type are not the problem & if you truly believe that then I fear your ideals have been scewed.
I agree to need and not have leaves you ****ed every time, but one must also realize to make the back room discussions public on an open to anyone forum is not a great idea. See what I'm getting at here?

Have I carried on accident and on propose in places it's forbidden? Sure, I'd wager the vast majority have and will continue to do so but to portray it in a IDGAF about the law type of light is ignorance to the repercussions and consequences if caught, and to use the earlier example if you find yourself in a critical situation and by some terrible terrible misfortune you kill kill an innocent bystander it will fall under 'The best laid plans of mice and men..' And the good intentions will be overshadowed by the fact yet another innocent person was killed by someone possessing a gun illegally and you will not only lose your freedom and rights but you will have to live knowing you killed someone who meant you no harm..

DISCE PATI

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-03-2013, 04:49 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau
I think the quote goes something like 'those who give up their liberty for security have neither'!
Exactly, when you lose your liberty in the name of security you will realize how wrong you were.

DISCE PATI

Old 03-03-2013, 05:25 PM   #48
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21592 Times on 12249 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
Not so. This is more progressive BS. An employer does not has authority to violate your rights any more than the government does, but we have been indoctrinate to to believe this. Does your employer have the authority to tell who to vote for or how to worship? The 2nd Amendment don't say ANYONE has the authority to 'infringe' these rights. Unless you let the progressive have their way!!!
If you wish to CCW and go about your business it is your right and business, no one else, period!
a company does have the right to restrict you carrying on company property in regards to company policies. many states, the state of Texas included have laws stating aslong as it's in your personal vehicle, that is considered an extension of your home and property and they cannot restrict what is in your vehicle. so carrying concealed on company property if they have a policy against it and getting caught, well you can always carry while you are waiting in the unemplyment line!

Old 03-03-2013, 05:27 PM   #49
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21592 Times on 12249 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

another school in our county (Anderson) is proposing allowing CC by teachers and administrators. the school is in the Cayuga district and i believe that they are are or have had a board meeting about this issue.

i will post a link when i find one.

Old 03-03-2013, 07:38 PM   #50

Liked 1001 Times on 662 Posts
Likes Given: 646

Quote:
I don't mean to be negative towards your wife. However it's that type of fear based, unrealistic mindset that has us in this situation & the media is no small contributor to those ideals. If we lived in a perfect society then I would agree that we need to keep firearms away from the children at school. We've tried that & kids died. A gun free zone is already in place now & was when these massacres occurred. The sad truth is that these mass murderers are cowards & want to attack defenceless people in these free fire zones. Insanity is doing the exact same thing over again & expect different results. They want gun free zones, we tried that. They want an assault weapons ban, we tried that. A real change for the better is necessary but if we continue to demonize an inanimate object for the death of others & don't place blame were it belongs then we will never achieve what we so desperately need. We need to secure these free fire zones, PERIOD. Weather it a cop or armed security guard at each campus or a small, highly trained teacher's emergency response team. Something has to be done.
No offense taken, I agree.

Quote:
Guns are one of the most inherently safe tools in the world.
Are you ****ting me? If I buy a chainsaw, and never take it out of the box, or touch it, it's inherently safe, too. Some tools are just dangerous. Chainsaws, table saws, explosives, and GUNS all fall into this category. If they didn't, we wouldn't be having so many "accidents with them, now, would we? A couple years ago, a local police chief shot himself, with a blank in his own gun. Messed his arm up pretty bad, I hear.