Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > guns in schools?!?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2013, 02:50 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1428 Times on 782 Posts
Likes Given: 307

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau

In the area or fitness and self defense 'something is better than nothing'.
How many people do you know who carry a gun and no idea how to use it in a self defense situation. The anti'gunners are the ones who try to portray 'us' as a bunch of idiots who only carry a gun so we can find someone to shoot. I agree with training IF it is not mandatory as a requirement to exercise our RIGHT!!!
A teacher who is carrying a PPD is all we need. Let then exercise THEIR RIGHT without a bunch of bureaucratic BS!
Two different conversations IMHO. 2nd Amendment rights and school safety. Jim I don't want armed teachers tho I'd prefer professional security which should in many cases be on duty police. If teachers want to double as official school security they indeed need additional training beyond a CC course. That does not infringe anyone's rights from what I can tell
Old 03-03-2013, 03:31 PM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1238 Times on 776 Posts
Likes Given: 666

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
Two different conversations IMHO. 2nd Amendment rights and school safety. Jim I don't want armed teachers tho I'd prefer professional security which should in many cases be on duty police. If teachers want to double as official school security they indeed need additional training beyond a CC course. That does not infringe anyone's rights from what I can tell
I guess we will have agree to disagree on that. Guns are one of the most inherently safe tools in the world. And we ALL have a RIGHT to carry a gun for self defense reasons regardless of our choice of occupation!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 03-03-2013, 03:48 PM   #33

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:

I guess we will have agree to disagree on that. Guns are one of the most inherently safe tools in the world. And we ALL have a RIGHT to carry a gun for self defense reasons regardless of our choice of occupation!
That's very general statement and it's true and false. It is your right to carry for self defense, regardless off your career choice, but unless you own the property then your right to carry can be compromised based on your employment agreement, and even if you didn't sign one by showing up and working everyday you've agreed to to follow the rules set forth by the business and or the property owners.

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Doc3402 Likes This 
Old 03-03-2013, 03:51 PM   #34

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
I think the idea stated by the OP is an awesome one! I totally agree.

Having said that, here is another take: My wife is a teacher. She thinks this is a horrible idea. To start, she's mostly anti-gun, but she also does not seem to think much of security of any type. One of her points is, "Where are you supposed to conceal it? She thinks that the gun could be potentially taken off the teacher by a student, or if a student gave the teacher a hug, they might realize the teacher has a gun. She also doesn't think much of the "every school should have an armed guard" thing. She doesn't think even cops who patrol schools are armed. Seems to be a can'y have guns around kids theme.

I think these problems could be alleviated by training........
I don't mean to be negative towards your wife. However it's that type of fear based, unrealistic mindset that has us in this situation & the media is no small contributor to those ideals. If we lived in a perfect society then I would agree that we need to keep firearms away from the children at school. We've tried that & kids died. A gun free zone is already in place now & was when these massacres occurred. The sad truth is that these mass murderers are cowards & want to attack defenceless people in these free fire zones. Insanity is doing the exact same thing over again & expect different results. They want gun free zones, we tried that. They want an assault weapons ban, we tried that. A real change for the better is necessary but if we continue to demonize an inanimate object for the death of others & don't place blame were it belongs then we will never achieve what we so desperately need. We need to secure these free fire zones, PERIOD. Weather it a cop or armed security guard at each campus or a small, highly trained teacher's emergency response team. Something has to be done.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:54 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLET9992
We need to secure these free fire zones, PERIOD. Weather it a cop or armed security guard at each campus or a small, highly trained teacher's emergency response team. Something has to be done.
I prefer cops or armed security but you sir are correct.

DISCE PATI

Old 03-03-2013, 03:55 PM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
That's very general statement and it's true and false. It is your right to carry for self defense, regardless off your career choice, but unless you own the property then your right to carry can be compromised based on your employment agreement, and even if you didn't sign one by showing up and working everyday you've agreed to to follow the rules set forth by the business and or the property owners.
Not so. This is more progressive BS. An employer does not has authority to violate your rights any more than the government does, but we have been indoctrinate to to believe this. Does your employer have the authority to tell who to vote for or how to worship? The 2nd Amendment don't say ANYONE has the authority to 'infringe' these rights. Unless you let the progressive have their way!!!
If you wish to CCW and go about your business it is your right and business, no one else, period!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!

Last edited by JimRau; 03-03-2013 at 03:58 PM.

Old 03-03-2013, 03:59 PM   #37

Quote:

Not so. This is more progressive BS. An employer has authority to violate your rights any more than the government does, but we have been indoctrinate to to believe this. Does your employer have the authority to tell who to vote for or how to worship? The 2nd Amendment don't say ANYONE has the authority to 'infringe' these rights. Unless you let the progressive have their way!!!
All I know is when the sign says 'no guns' I'm not risking my right to bear arms. Whether it be an employer, someone's personal property or a business. It's a matter of respect as well, I expect ppl to respect my wishes within reason and I will respect theirs.

So suppose by that logic you carry in banks? Bars? Basically any where any time you want regardless of laws or property owners requests or wishes?

DISCE PATI

People Like This 
Old 03-03-2013, 04:15 PM   #38

Quote:

All I know is when the sign says 'no guns' I'm not risking my right to bear arms. Whether it be an employer, someone's personal property or a business. It's a matter of respect as well, I expect ppl to respect my wishes within reason and I will respect theirs.

So suppose by that logic you carry in banks? Bars? Basically any where any time you want regardless of laws or property owners requests or wishes?
Idk about yall but I'm in east Texas. Here the police respect you & understand who they work for & serve. If you CC even when it's against the "law", how what would give them the right to search you if they don't know you have one. Even to do a basic pat down you need reasonable suspicion. 2nd off I'm pretty sure that if someone had illegally CC'd at the theater, colombine, sandy hook, ft. Hood, etc. & saved even one life, I'm pretty sure they'd have the respect of the property owners. It's fine if you decide to sacrifice your right to self preservation for whatever reason but don't others to willingly do so. The same constitution that guarantees your right to choose to not carry is the same one that guarantees my right to decide to carry.

Old 03-03-2013, 04:15 PM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:

I do. I live my commitment. Right is right and wrong is wrong!
When the 'victimizers/criminals' start following these unconstitutional restrictions I will!

Old 03-03-2013, 04:17 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post

I do. I live my commitment. Right is right and wrong is wrong!
When the 'victimizers/criminals' start following these unconstitutional restrictions I will!
Roger that