guns in schools?!? - Page 14
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > guns in schools?!?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2013, 04:51 PM   #131
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21585 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

many of these liberal gun haters buy into the crap the media is trying to sell as fact are unwilling, unable or just to plain stupid to think for themselves. they use emotions to guide their thinking rather than concrete facts and evidence.

Old 03-10-2013, 12:12 PM   #132
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1273 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
many of these liberal gun haters buy into the crap the media is trying to sell as fact are unwilling, unable or just to plain stupid to think for themselves. they use emotions to guide their thinking rather than concrete facts and evidence.
Yeah. Some people think that it is immoral to resist being victimized, and will let the perp(s) have their way...
I feel sorry for any kids who have parents with that mindset.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:47 PM   #133

Liked 988 Times on 651 Posts
Likes Given: 637

Quote:
Yeah. Some people think that it is immoral to resist being victimized, and will let the perp(s) have their way...
I cannot understand that mindset. Part of the story I didn't go into with my earlier post was the fact that one of the teachers my wife works with got some money (+$100) stolen at work. They thought it was one of the kids, but later determined it was a substitute teacher! It happened again, and the circumstances led them to this one substitute. So, guess what happened? NOTHING! They told the Vice Principle, and their school "won't be having her back" WTF?? So another school will have to put up with this person stealing? Oh, you want to come in here and shoot us? OK, everybody line up!!

Old 03-10-2013, 03:34 PM   #134
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1978 Times on 1171 Posts
Likes Given: 944

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
This is the 'reality' we are FORCED to live in today!
The 'media' is all about ratings/$$$$, thus they sensationalize and exasperate everything they report. But beyond this the 'lame stream' media are pushing the progressive agenda HARD!
Facts are irrelevant to them!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 03-10-2013, 04:11 PM   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
they are victims waiting to happen. just new generation of sheeple.

i learned a long time ago, to not go looking for trouble and problems, but sometimes even then, it will come looking for you. i am prepared to defend myself if it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
This is the 'reality' we are FORCED to live in today!
The 'media' is all about ratings/$$$$, thus they sensationalize and exasperate everything they report. But beyond this the 'lame stream' media are pushing the progressive agenda HARD!
Facts are irrelevant to them!
the media use to be respectable profession. not so anymore for the most part. those that reported the news, did so with the facts and evidence, and not conjecture and false information. they reported the facts simply as they were and let people make their own opinions and not those made for them. i agree, yes the media is more about their own agendas an making money. sensationalism sells.

Old 03-13-2013, 05:47 PM   #136
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
I cannot understand that mindset. Part of the story I didn't go into with my earlier post was the fact that one of the teachers my wife works with got some money (+$100) stolen at work. They thought it was one of the kids, but later determined it was a substitute teacher! It happened again, and the circumstances led them to this one substitute. So, guess what happened? NOTHING! They told the Vice Principle, and their school "won't be having her back" WTF?? So another school will have to put up with this person stealing? Oh, you want to come in here and shoot us? OK, everybody line up!!
That's like what the Catholics do with the priests that don't act right. They just move them so they can do the same at another parish.

Old 03-18-2013, 02:55 PM   #137

Liked 268 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB777 View Post
they are told that "we don't allow hugging in school" .
I wonder if that holds true when teachers are handing out condoms in the inner city schools?

Old 03-18-2013, 03:10 PM   #138

Liked 268 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 51

The media is to blame for most of the anti-gun thinking.
When we say that teachers should be allowed to CC, the media immediately translates that to "NRA wants armed teachers" Nothing is farther from the truth. The media exploits every word into the liberal agenda it has portrayed for the last few decades. Allowing teachers to carry does two things, both preventative. First of all, it creates the perception that there will be some resistance to an attack, and that the would be attacker won't know where it will come from. That alone will deter all but the craziest attacker. And secondly, 9 million people have CCW permits...there aren't 9 million inciidents a day. It's very simple....the gun ALLOWS the teachers some ability to stop a tragedy, it doesn't force them to, it doesn't require them to. But, and it's a big but if there is a chance that they could draw their weapon and stop one of these incidents then the precaustions will be in place. When a teacher is able to get the students out of harms way, the method used will be of little consequence....either finding a way to get away, or shooting the attacker. Both methods will save lives. It's never been a Rambo thing despite what the media says....it's all about protection and rational thinking.

Old 03-18-2013, 03:57 PM   #139
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Sometimes I wonder if the media resists anything that can help deter crime. Because if there is less crime, there will not be many sensational stories for them to report on, and it might affect their bottom line.

Old 03-18-2013, 11:11 PM   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
Sometimes I wonder if the media resists anything that can help deter crime. Because if there is less crime, there will not be many sensational stories for them to report on, and it might affect their bottom line.
gun control has never been about reducing crime. never has been, never will. it's simply about control of the masses. the media spoon feeds it to those who will listen and believe, because they are fed up with crime and violent mass murders.

in all the years, and even the new proposals and measures they want to enact, would not in any way have prevented any of these senseless killings that have gone on for many years now. not one little difference they would have made. but they want us to believe these new gun control laws, restrictions and bans would curtail these violent acts. simple fact that's been proven over time, they don't work, they never did work, and they never will work!

anyone that believes gun control laws work at preventing crime, then please show us some, or any proof they work. in other words, i would like for them to put their money where their mouths are and prove to us they work. but i know for a simple fact they can't.

gun control laws don't deter crime. armed LAC's have a much better chance at deterence in crime!