Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   guns in schools?!? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/guns-schools-85569/)

BULLET9992 03-02-2013 03:45 AM

guns in schools?!?

Herring isd (independent school district), a public school in Texas has had teachers conceal carrying since 2007. Not every teacher is eligible. A select few go through additional checks & loads of training. Essentially an armed task force, response team, or emergency response team. Highly trained few. What do y'all think about possibly following their school safety model? (sever school districts in TX & other states recently have)

gearhead396 03-02-2013 04:00 AM

It needs to be done no doubt about it if we continue to keep schools "gun free" it will continue to be a place wear crazy people go to do their killing and to get on the news add guns in the hands of trained individuals and this abruptly will stop I guarantee you.

BULLET9992 03-02-2013 04:03 AM

You can then also post on the entrances & exits of the school "school secured by armed response team" or somthin along those lines. Show of force usually does it. I believe 80% of crimes stopped with a firearm is without 1 shot fired. We have to end these free fire zones

JimRau 03-02-2013 04:23 AM

They don't NEED any more training than anyone else would. More over kill!:(

BULLET9992 03-02-2013 05:12 AM

I feel like if I'm gonna send my kid to school safety is a big issue. Even if they don't NEED that extra training I'm more than willing for them to use my tax dollars to improve shooting skills & safety habits. A teacher at the school I work for used to competition shoot with a 45 auto. But firearms skills are perishable & need up kept.

Axxe55 03-02-2013 05:41 AM

a school in the town i work in and live near just approved CC in the school.

http://palestineherald.com/local/x964875421/WISD-board-OKs-first-reading-of-Guardian-Plan-policy

that was the first step and meeting about it. just last week it was voted on. the vote was for it at, 5 to 1!

not only do they have to have a CC permit, they have to have additional training before they are going to be allowed to carry in the school. i personally have talked to a couple of the teachers and coaches, and i was very suprised they were definately in favor of this happening.

BULLET9992 03-02-2013 06:39 AM

Nice. I think it'll pay off in the long run as well as disprove the "wild west" that they claim will come if it. BTW did you know that gun murders were double in high density cities where guns were outlawed than the open carry "wild west" towns? Even the derogatory comment they think is so clever is a hypocritical blunder

Axxe55 03-02-2013 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BULLET9992 (Post 1160202)
Nice. I think it'll pay off in the long run as well as disprove the "wild west" that they claim will come if it. BTW did you know that gun murders were double in high density cities where guns were outlawed than the open carry "wild west" towns? Even the derogatory comment they think is so clever is a hypocritical blunder

well many years ago when CC was made legal in the state of Texas and other states, people who disapproved of it, said there would be blood running in the streets! funny that never happened.

fact is many states and cities that have less restrictive gun laws seem to haver a lesser crime to population ratio and those with the most restrictive have a higher ratio. that's funny as well.

BULLET9992 03-02-2013 06:45 AM

Yeah, "wild west" blood in the street for conceal carry were the predictions. Actually decreased crime substantially. Same with open carry where it's available. Liberals fight with propaganda & fear tactics, we fight with proven statistics & time tested facts

BULLET9992 03-02-2013 02:32 PM

BTW I'm in Texas & they keep pushing for open carry. That would be awesome