Guns like AK47s belong on the battlefield, not in our country - Barack Obama 7/26/12 - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Guns like AK47s belong on the battlefield, not in our country - Barack Obama 7/26/12

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2012, 08:06 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

But.....but......but.....

I thought the Great Messiah had no plans to increase "gun control",and that he understood and respected our rights.......and that only conspiracy theorist racist nutjob homegrown rightwing terrorists claimed he supported "gun control" because they hate The Wise Anointed One cause he's (half) black?

Anyone with half a brain can see that "gun control" doesn't work,and in fact has managed to exacerbate problems.

For every mass murderer that chooses to use gun and gets them outside of the FFL system,theres another one that buys their guns within the system.

Arguing for stricter scrutiny from the NICS system in many of these cases is like arguing for what amounts to psychic prognostication,because many of these mass murderers never show any sign of what is to come in any meaningful fashion that could be interpreted as enough of a reason to deny them FFL sales.

When we look with a clear eye at the reality of this last shooting,we see that the adoption of once-popular methods of "gun control" -the "gun free zone"- by private companies left their patrons defenseless in the face of evil.

Despite the ridiculous assertion from advocates of victim disarmament that would be victims actually being able to fight back would only make things worse,the fact is that mass murders almost exclusively choose to act out their rampage in places where they know there is no one legally able to resist.

Demands for a re-enactment of an "assault weapons ban" as well as bans on large magazines are equally ridiculous,as those who wish to use violence and guns aren't going to pay any attention to the "law" to begin with.

Just look at Mexico,where this administration even tried to use guns bought in America and found at crime scenes in Mexico to demand the AWB be reinstated.

First of all,Mexican gun laws are very,very strict.

You get caught with an "illegal gun" in Mexico and the penalty is so stiff it makes what we do here when someone gets caught with a "gun they shouldn't have" look like a parking ticket.

Yet,the sorts of outright major gun battles in Mexico between police and narco gangs makes Fallujah look like a walk in the park.

Ultimately,this is because of the risk vs. reward factor,and has nothing to do with gun politics,and everything to do with profit.

Members of narco cartels in Mexico are willing to risk breaking the law and even death for the profits they can rake in feeding the illicit market for drugs in America.

While the war on drugs is another issue,in Mexico the issues are intertwined; and the rate of weapons use in a nation with much stricter "gun control" then our own PROVES the futility of such laws: if there is a motive to disobey the law,it will be ignored,despite the severity of the punishment risked.

But leave it to this typically liberal administration to exploit the issues to advance their agendas.

This administration has even attempted a false flag operation to exploit the narco related violence in Mexico to support its demands for more "gun control".
By allowing otherwise illegal purchases of weapons to flow into the hands of the cartels,this administration has attempted to artificially increase the number of weapons found in the hands of Mexican criminals that originated here in America.

And notice its the same old,same old demands no matter the incident- they want to make it so that no one can trade guns without permission from government and they want more control over what you and I can have.

No matter the incident its always the same old demand.

This should make it clear to anyone that theres an agenda behind the scenes here,and that this agenda has nothing whatsoever to do with their claims of "saving the children" or whatever.

It has everything to do with incremental total disarmament of the American people.

And the proof is in the pudding.

Because if "gun control" made us all so much safer- then how could what happened in Aurora possibly have occurred?

After all,we've had decades of "gun control" in America,you'd think it would be able to accomplish something by now,right?

And by forcing everyone who wants a gun to have to ask permission from government,what would that accomplish other then more control over what is supposed to be an inalienable right?

By disallowing more of the kinds of guns that allow We,The People to maintain a more equal balance in the use of force with the government,doesn't that give government more power?

By restricting us to the point that we must have permission to excersize our rights as well as restricting us to the point where we cannot legally have the kinds of weapons the government has,what does that accomplish?

A reduction in crime?

Or a government monopoly on the use of force?

"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Last edited by KalashnikovJosh; 07-26-2012 at 08:16 PM.
People Like This 
Old 07-26-2012, 08:09 PM   #22

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 12

We have the Second Amendment not to Hunt. We have it not never to compete in petty sports. For that is insignificant to the true reason we have the 2nd Amendment. We have the Second Amendment to defend all others and our Constitution. That's why we have it. We have it to ensure that we pass the torch of Liberty to the next generation.

Old 07-26-2012, 08:11 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalashnikovJosh View Post
After all,we've had decades of "gun control" in America,you'd think it would be able to accomplish something by now,right?
We have had decades of "drug control" too with questionable results. We have also had decades of federal "school control" that could have been more fruitful.

Perhaps it is "government control" that is now needed most. Maybe the states could do better on their own and withouth federal waste and interference.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

KalashnikovJosh Likes This 
Old 07-26-2012, 08:19 PM   #24
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1365 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 3441

Maybe he was referring to the Muslim Extremists that he is going to allow to stay here under the new immigration law that he authorized with the illegal Exectutive Order that he signed. Okay, sure, the new Immigration Law openly refers to the Hispanic kids that was brought here by their parents, but you all know how things go when you make up the rules as you go along.

Now you know that Eric Holder did not have anything to do with nor did he know about "Fast and Furious", he said so himself. I mean, he is just the Senior Member of the DoJ, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeysKelly View Post
The first question I would have for King Barrack is, if guns like this only belong on the battlefield and only in the hands of active duty soldiers why were hundreds, if not thousands, of them put in the hands of Mexican Drug Lords and Criminals by Barrack himself, Holder and the rest of The Obama Gang?
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Old 07-26-2012, 08:25 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

He did that when he said "I you have a business, you did'nt build that".

I had to paraphrase because I do not repeat BS very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
For what it's worth, I think Obama just handed the election to Romney.
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Old 07-26-2012, 08:44 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I think that if the current administration would read the report put out by the FBI just a couple of months ago and listen to what Canada has said about gun control, they would not have a leg to stand on. To summarize, the FBI stated that crimes with firearms commited between 2010 and 2011 dropped a total of 42%. The FBI also said that the areas where the firearm crimes were commited were in the states that have very stricked gun laws, I.E. Illinois, California, New York, etc. Washington D.C. actually had a drop in that type of crime because of the changes in their gun laws. Canada stated that it was costing them 1.4 billion dollars trying to enforce their gun laws last year. They are talking about dropping it. Simply put, Left wing and Left-leaning Democrats and yes that rare Republican are afraid of the good guys with guns, we are easier to control because we do not hide in the shadows like our evil cousins, the criminals. Also if they come down hard on the evil doers, then they would have no financial support. I know that this post flowed as straight as the "Clover Leaf" in Dallas, but I am sure that you intelligent readers of this will understand the point.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:19 PM   #27

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Perhaps it is "government control" that is now needed most. Maybe the states could do better on their own and withouth federal waste and interference.
Phuckin-A right.

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."
-United States Constitution, Tenth Amendment

"........that the government created by this compact was not made the exclusive or final judge of the extent of the powers delegated to itself; since that would have made its discretion, and not the Constitution, the measure of its powers; but that, as in all other cases of compact among powers having no common judge, each party (Each state) has an equal right to judge for itself........"
-Thomas Jefferson,Kentucky Resolutions of 1798

"The powers of the federal government, as resulting from the compact(the Constitution of The United States), to which the states are parties; as limited by the plain sense and intention of the instrument constituting the compact; as no further valid that they are authorized by the grants enumerated in that compact(the Constitution)."
-James Madison

"......that whensoever the general government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force....."
-Thomas Jefferson,Kentucky Resolutions of 1798

"It may safely be received as an axiom in our political system, that the State governments will, in all possible contingencies, afford complete security against invasions of the public liberty by the national authority."
-Alexander Hamilton
"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Old 07-26-2012, 11:20 PM   #28

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I'm buying an SKS whether he likes it or not.

Old 07-26-2012, 11:27 PM   #29

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger

I would agree if the vote were this week. The POTUS has PLENTY of time to issue counter statements and further convolute his position to the masses.

But here's hoping we can ditch the lot of them in November.

NO INCUMBENTS 2012!!
I vote ted nugent for president 2012!!!!

Old 07-27-2012, 12:12 AM   #30

Liked 713 Times on 381 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop View Post
I am so angry that I just don't know how to respond quite yet. I have to get over the liberal methods used in constructing this speech and I have to pick my self up off the floor because I realized that there are people out there who are going to read this and get on board with it without having ever looked into anything for themselves.

What makes me more angry than anything is that this country actually elected this man. My one silver lining is I truly believe that this one comment just completely sealed his fate as a one term president

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/obama-urges-tighter-background-checks-gun-buyers-aurora-033815400.html
Get as pissed as you want but there's no stopping it. Keep in mind that Romney restricted Assault riffles in his state's government.
Stock up. It's coming.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington