Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Guns like AK47s belong on the battlefield, not in our country - Barack Obama 7/26/12

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2012, 03:09 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Default Guns like AK47s belong on the battlefield, not in our country - Barack Obama 7/26/12

I am so angry that I just don't know how to respond quite yet. I have to get over the liberal methods used in constructing this speech and I have to pick my self up off the floor because I realized that there are people out there who are going to read this and get on board with it without having ever looked into anything for themselves.

What makes me more angry than anything is that this country actually elected this man. My one silver lining is I truly believe that this one comment just completely sealed his fate as a one term president

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/obama-urges-tighter-background-checks-gun-buyers-aurora-033815400.html

Quote:
"A lot of gun owners would agree that AK-47s belong in the hands of soldiers, not in the hands of criminals -- that they belong on the battlefield of war, not on the streets of our cities," the president, who has called for reimposing the Assault Weapons Ban, said in a speech to the National Urban League.
Zoey Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-26-2012, 03:25 PM   #2

Liked 2442 Times on 1391 Posts
Likes Given: 1910

It really just shows him up for the half-baked tater-tot he is.

Anybody who wants to agree with him simply doesn't understand

three things:

Disarming us only makes criminals stronger-

The BATFE and other DOJ organizations aren't doing their job-

He isn't doing HIS job...

Old 07-26-2012, 03:33 PM   #3

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Well tinfoil hats aside I have been waiting for this since the election was set. Which one of these two clowns' camp was going to insist their candidate take a hard stance against gun ownership first?

Obviously Obama's camp thinks that announcing these views first is going to seal the deal by playing on the tragedy of the recent events.

What baffles me is how the two sided coin continues to be in play.

On one hand you have the media classifying the Aurora shooter as any of the following: "a loner, desperate, crazy, misguided, malice-minded" and any of a number of other clever statements to make the general public feel this person is not normal and therefor must be an oddity.

On the other hand, the weapons in question must be banned because obviously they are the cause for this crazy person's ability to kill and maim so many.

Well what about the several million legal weapons that are owned by people who aren't "desperate, crazy, misguided, malice-minded" that have never done anyone any harm?

I am pretty sure if you were to have an actual study of the people that own weapon X (in this case the Ak-47) you are going to find that 99.99% of the legal owners have never done anything violent or malice minded to another person in their lives.

So how can the weapon be an issue?

Those idiots that shot up the North Hollywood bank (I know their names but am not naming them) did not own legal weapons. They were both felons, and thus could not own weapons at all, but used illegal weapons with illegal modifications.

How is that a reflection of a legal, registered and law abiding gun owner that has never taken a dime that wasn't theirs in their life?

I truly hope that the American public in general is done with this particular experiment in yet another liberal minded POTUS. My Generation had Carter and the younger generation now has the worst example to date.

JD

Old 07-26-2012, 03:36 PM   #4

Liked 163 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 260

PPC I had the same reaction when I read it. The article is full of contradictions, it is already illegal for criminals to own these or any gun is it not?
If he is so pro 2nd A then why does he not make it a Campaign topic? Why is he letting witch Hillary attend the UN ATT talks? Why does he only feel the military should own AK-47's??? Why

Typical BS from a badly misplaced rectum.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Old 07-26-2012, 04:05 PM   #5
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5658 Times on 2800 Posts
Likes Given: 6022

And yet his followers will still swear we are a bunch of paranoid gun totin whack's. The next decree will be what kind of and how many of guns and bullets Barry Oh and his UN Bedbuddies will allow us to have. Lets see, any nerf gun, daisy rider and maybe for those that want the really big guns, you can have a 4-10 or a .22LR but not both at once! You will be happy to know Barry prefers the one shot one kill method also cause your only gonna be able to have one bullet at a time!

Old 07-26-2012, 04:08 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8421 Times on 3651 Posts
Likes Given: 1300

Caulking guns, grease guns, and staple guns will be fine. As long as they are not black and do not have high capacity magazines.

Do not confuse gun control and political control.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Zoey Likes This 
Old 07-26-2012, 04:15 PM   #7

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Well this is no real surprise. He only needed a tragedy like the shooting in Colorado to bring it into his campaign. He is banking on the knee jerk reaction of the nation to this horror to support his actions. Actions he would never bring forward if this incident had not happened. The only way to defeat him is to vote him out of office and all of his cronies in the House and Senate as well.

Bill
NRA Life Member

"Democracy is two wolves and one lamb voting what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote" Ben Franklin

"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." --Thomas Jefferson to John Cartwright, 1824. ME 16:45

"It is God’s job to judge and forgive my enemy, I only arrange the meeting." Unidentified Marine

Old 07-26-2012, 04:29 PM   #8

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by alxltd1 View Post
The only way to defeat him is to vote him out of office and all of his cronies in the House and Senate as well.
VOTE OUT EVERY INCUMBENT!!

Force change on them this time around. Time for the politicians to wake up and realize you work for us, we are not subjects to you.

No one who is sitting in office, D or R, is getting my vote this time. I am voting against every single one of the snakes.

JD

Last edited by Dillinger; 07-26-2012 at 05:23 PM.

Old 07-26-2012, 05:14 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1101 Times on 716 Posts
Likes Given: 630

im curious since when are all our soldier issued ak 47's? lol. but in general obama is lower than the scum on my toilet.

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 07-26-2012, 05:26 PM   #10

Liked 55 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 11

The first question I would have for King Barrack is, if guns like this only belong on the battlefield and only in the hands of active duty soldiers why were hundreds, if not thousands, of them put in the hands of Mexican Drug Lords and Criminals by Barrack himself, Holder and the rest of The Obama Gang?