Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Guns - An International Perspective

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2012, 07:49 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by towboater View Post
Korea has a very low crime rate. The people there are brought up respecting other people, and especially their elders. At 18 all men go to the military. Criminals are punished accordingly. I would call it a very conservative country.
Low crime rate.. yes. Respecting people... not so much. Just finished a year tour here and they are rude people. Most of them hate Americans. The only crime that is high here is domestic violence.. Woman tend to beat the hell out of their husbands and their kids.

Dont know if crime is low because of the lack of weapons, but i do know that most of the locals would do anything to be able to go to the states. One of my Korean friends wants to go hunting with me. Its sad how they cant have the same fun we have over here!!!!

Old 05-11-2012, 07:53 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 701 Times on 457 Posts
Likes Given: 1925

There's a reason why the Nazi's invaded everyone except Switzerland.

Occupied France to the west, fascist Italy to the south, Nazi Germany to the north and annexed Austria to the east, completely surrounded and yet never attacked.

Like the U.S at the time there was "a rifle behind every blade of grass."

Old 05-11-2012, 10:20 AM   #13

Liked 29 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Perhaps if other countries could have guns, we, the US could stop policing the world and secure our borders. I personally could give a rats freckled @zz about the civil liberties in other countries. And I hate it when liberals use those fundamental lacks in liberty to undermine our civil liberties.

Just my perspective

Old 05-11-2012, 11:35 AM   #14
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkongjc View Post
Also, what do you think? Do you think there would be an increase in crime due to an increase in access to firearms?
People who want to commit suicide or violent crimes will figure out ways to do those things whether they have legal access to firearms or not.

Access to firearms does not make one suicidal or more prone to commit violent crimes.

The crime rate in the U.S. is not as high as it is because of easy access to firearms, but because we have a certain percentage of amoral people eager to hurt and steal from others.

Old 05-11-2012, 12:48 PM   #15

Liked 2442 Times on 1391 Posts
Likes Given: 1910

If you study history, you find that national gun control schemes

generally work out poorly for the masses.

Folks want to rave about a couple, or few dozen accidental and violent

deaths due to guns? How about the millions of deaths gun control has caused

worldwide? China's gun control caused 30 million deaths. Germany's, 12

million.

The list goes on, and it adds up to more people mass

murdered internationally, than were killed

in WWI and WWII combined.

Last edited by therewolf; 05-11-2012 at 12:56 PM.

Old 05-11-2012, 12:52 PM   #16
+ TRES VERBO DICTUM +
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1616 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 1305

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik1988 View Post
There's a reason why the Nazi's invaded everyone except Switzerland.

Occupied France to the west, fascist Italy to the south, Nazi Germany to the north and annexed Austria to the east, completely surrounded and yet never attacked.

Like the U.S at the time there was "a rifle behind every blade of grass."
And also because that's where some Nazis stashed their stolen money.

Old 05-11-2012, 01:51 PM   #17

Liked 248 Times on 142 Posts
Likes Given: 163

This I know about owning a gun. If I am confronted by one person or a group and I am at a disadvantage, either by numbers or overpowered a firearm does as good a job as anything to even the odds. Can I fight 6 guys off by myself? Likely not. No amount of martial arts or other fighting technique will likely help me but having a measly handgun could very well tip the odds in my favor. It brings fear the the hearts of those that are on the other end looking back. All thugs know this. So do those that want to rule with an iron fist.

Old 05-11-2012, 02:56 PM   #18

Liked 698 Times on 464 Posts
Likes Given: 726

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndAmendmentFreedom View Post
Ya that was my point when I said that it's not compatible with every culture. The USA were founded with a revolution, bearing arms founded this country and granted us our independence, so it's dear to us. Each country is unique, its citizens have different values, different beliefs and different ideas on how the country should work.
The gun helped to form our nation.. We didnt have Kung Fu masters, Samurai, Knights, or archers.. We had Revolutionary forefathers, solders, and cowboys.... All our historic figures carried guns...

Old 05-12-2012, 03:20 PM   #19

Liked 2442 Times on 1391 Posts
Likes Given: 1910

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post
The gun helped to form our nation.. We didnt have Kung Fu masters, Samurai, Knights, or archers.. We had Revolutionary forefathers, solders, and cowboys.... All our historic figures carried guns...
Our forefathers would turn over in their graves,

if they could see the lame-brained PC jackholes

which pass for politicians now, or if they had to

listen to the diarrhea democrat-speak which pours

unceasingly from their mouths.

Our founding fathers gave us a priceless gift,

and those barely conscious PC pond scum

want to throw it away.

Old 05-13-2012, 05:02 AM   #20

Liked 72 Times on 42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1611
This I know about owning a gun. If I am confronted by one person or a group and I am at a disadvantage, either by numbers or overpowered a firearm does as good a job as anything to even the odds. Can I fight 6 guys off by myself? Likely not. No amount of martial arts or other fighting technique will likely help me but having a measly handgun could very well tip the odds in my favor. It brings fear the the hearts of those that are on the other end looking back. All thugs know this. So do those that want to rule with an iron fist.
(Measly?) Handgun. There are small handguns, but measly? Almost every description of a handgun that was pointed at someone was described as, huge, large, big, scary, but measly? Even a small firearm pointed in your direction looks large.