Guns acquired without background checks. - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Guns acquired without background checks.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2013, 05:08 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

The Democrats are ruining from Obama's gun control. They know Obama will retire and leave them alone to fight angry gun owners. By the 2014 elections Red state Democrats are going to face a real battle.

Old 03-23-2013, 05:13 AM   #52
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1787 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1551

Quote:
Originally Posted by camiller View Post
For hunting at the Adak National Forest?
Nah, nice that someone else remembers the Adak National Forest with it's beautiful 3-4 foot tall trees! Actually the rifle was for shooting rats in the dumps there!

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Last edited by DFlynt; 03-23-2013 at 05:18 AM.

Old 03-23-2013, 05:30 AM   #53
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 895 Times on 411 Posts
Likes Given: 419

If we concede to universal back ground checks, before we can sell or transfer any firearm we will be required to show proof of purchase. All transactions will have to be through a FFL and any firearm that was given or left to you will require a legal bill of sale! Any firearm you have in your possession without a legit bill of sale will be deemed illegal! This will open you to a search warrant for other "illegal" firearms you may have in your possession! A NO vote on universal background checks is absolutely required!

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

People Like This 
Old 03-23-2013, 04:05 PM   #54
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1294 Times on 629 Posts
Likes Given: 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
Would it be safe to say that our administration has been stating an unproven fact?
I think if you go to a gun show and observe, you will see some carrying around rifles and handguns for private sales. There are some private sellers with tables, so some percentage is without FFL, which is allowed by law now. However, the Central Florida shows are dominated by dealers, and they all sell with background checks. I would say at those shows it is greater the 90% with a NICS check.

A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!

Old 03-24-2013, 12:32 AM   #55

Liked 32 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by camiller View Post
For hunting at the Adak National Forest?
Such a lovely place, I remember it well from my days in the navy when I was in several VP squadrons that would do layovers there. It was where I first saw the original Friday the 13th back in the day. TOOOOO scary!!
Old 03-24-2013, 02:39 AM   #56
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2077 Times on 1228 Posts
Likes Given: 1021

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruggieTex View Post
Confused...

When the sale is to a buddy, relative, co-worker...etc....both parties have to visit an FFL?
Pretty sure that ain't happening!
It is if the progressives politicians have their way!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 03-24-2013, 10:08 PM   #57

Liked 32 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruggieTex View Post
Confused...

When the sale is to a buddy, relative, co-worker...etc....both parties have to visit an FFL?
Pretty sure that ain't happening!
On a state by state level, there may be local regs requiring it so you'd need to check with your state of residence. However, according to the BATF if it's a "private" sell between individuals and not as a dealer to a customer, you do not. Again as per the feds, if you are a FFL dealer and sell to someone from your stock or order something for them as an FFL holder, you must do the check, even for family and friends. BTW, if you are doing a private sell to someone you know (family, friend, co-worker, etc) if you sell them a firearm and do it knowing beforehand they aren't eligible to legally own a weapon - they're a convicted felon or illegal alien, for example - you can (and will if they find out) be prosecuted by the ATF.

Last edited by rachilders; 03-24-2013 at 10:29 PM.

Old 03-24-2013, 10:58 PM   #58
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1060 Times on 650 Posts
Likes Given: 464

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachilders

On a state by state level, there may be local regs requiring it so you'd need to check with your state of residence. However, according to the BATF if it's a "private" sell between individuals and not as a dealer to a customer, you do not. Again as per the feds, if you are a FFL dealer and sell to someone from your stock or order something for them as an FFL holder, you must do the check, even for family and friends. BTW, if you are doing a private sell to someone you know (family, friend, co-worker, etc) if you sell them a firearm and do it knowing beforehand they aren't eligible to legally own a weapon - they're a convicted felon or illegal alien, for example - you can (and will if they find out) be prosecuted by the ATF.
Thank you.
I am good. Have bought very few from buddies...who all went and purchased new guns legally (as per their original intent in selling). Have only sold one and he is deceased...4 wheeler accident, not gun related.

Was a nickel PT 92c with rosewood handles...loved that gun and will repurchase when I find another!

If It Were Easy, They Would Not Call It Work, And Everyone Would Do It

Old 03-24-2013, 11:12 PM   #59
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 266 Times on 171 Posts

Quick straw poll with the guys I have coffee with: it is close to 60, or 70% of transactions that are done with out dealers.

I have only bought three through dealers out of about forty or fifty.

That said most of us have our concealed carry cards and have undergone the background check.