Guns acquired without background checks. - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Guns acquired without background checks.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2013, 02:33 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1839 Times on 1025 Posts
Likes Given: 1214

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Why would any gun owner answer questions like? How many times have you committed a Federal Felony?
It is not a crime to do a face to face sale without a background check unless you are a licensed dealer. State laws do vary. But not federally.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

CHLChris Likes This 
Old 03-22-2013, 03:47 AM   #32
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8860 Times on 3838 Posts
Likes Given: 1383

Did you folks know that 82.5% of all statistics are made up on the spot?

Like the above!

A purchase of a firearm that does not go thru a dealer does not get a background check- since there is no mechanism for a private citizen to RUN a background check.

Since there is no background check, the government has NO WAY of knowing if the number of private sales is 1 or 1 million. The claim that "As many as 40%...."- look CAREFULLY at that. It means that some, but not MORE than 40%.

That claim is 100.0000000% chicken ca-ca. But DO believe that is a number you will see quoted over and over and over. Tell a lie with enough conviction, people will believe it.

Sort of like "20% of all robberies are never reported." REALLY? If they are never reported- HOW THE HELL DID YOU COUNT THEM?

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

People Like This 
Old 03-22-2013, 04:01 AM   #33
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 952 Times on 568 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Looking back I think the only gun I have ever bought with a backround check was a shotgun several of us chipped in for as a present for my then brother in law.

I have only bought 1 gun in the last 10 years and that 1 was from a friend whos wife got a phony domestic violence charge pressed on him. I bought 1 other one 12 or 13 years ago from a guy I worked with who was getting divorced and was seriously thinking about useing on his wife and wanted it out of the house before he did something stupid.

I think every other gun I own is either black powder or was bought pre brady bill. Most of those were bought at lgs and the yellow sheet was filled out. I think only 1 of those stores is still in business though.

Old 03-22-2013, 04:01 AM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1786 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1538

I think my first and 3rd firearm purchases were done without background checks (1975 and 1981). My second firearm purchase had to be cleared with my Naval Command NAVCOMSTA/NSGA Adak AK (1977)

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 03-22-2013, 04:15 AM   #35

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Why would any gun owner answer questions like? How many times have you committed a Federal Felony?
Where is "the edge of darkness"? Are you in a place that a face-to-face sale between two consenting adults of a simple but elegant tool is outlawed? I'm sorry if you are.

In Oregon I can meet any law-abiding citizen I wish in any location (I love parking lots) and sell them any firearm or purchase any firearm. I don't even have to look at a DL or a CHL or anything.

Now I happen to go slightly beyond the requirements for my own peace of mind, but I am certainly not disobeying any law at all. And certainly not a federal felony.

I live right on the border of a state and I would never sell to someone in Washington, but beyond that there are no laws concerning transfers in Oregon.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 03-22-2013, 04:22 AM   #36

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

No I am in a Free State. I don't believe Oregon is a Free State? My point was made concerning the change in laws pending in congress. If the law changes regarding personal sales it will become a felony.

My choice as a gun owner even though it is legal, it is also personal. I do not share these things on public forums.

Last edited by nitestalker; 03-22-2013 at 04:25 AM.
Gatoragn Likes This 
Old 03-22-2013, 04:29 AM   #37

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

If there was a new check law I wonder how many would say..Oh..I'm just borrowing this form a guy..for the last 4 years...
...Or...Well sure I gave him money but that was just because he needed a favor and he was so overcome with glee he let me use this handy dandy pistol!!...

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 03-22-2013, 04:41 AM   #38

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
If there was a new check law I wonder how many would say..Oh..I'm just borrowing this form a guy..for the last 4 years...
...Or...Well sure I gave him money but that was just because he needed a favor and he was so overcome with glee he let me use this handy dandy pistol!!...
Unfortunately the proposed law also makes it a crime to lend or borrow a firearm for a period over 14 days.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 03-22-2013, 04:43 AM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 660 Times on 403 Posts
Likes Given: 3700

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
You could also claim it was collatoral for a loan you gave him.

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Old 03-22-2013, 05:14 AM   #40

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

You don't understand, I was just helping him out on his .38?

prison.jpg