Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Gunowners for a Free America thread

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2012, 02:54 AM   #951
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker

Damn, were they used (and possibly abused) or new?
Both were brand new. One had two mags and a half w me rapid firing it and it blew up on #4 of rapid. The other guy bought it and brought it to use to put a after market glock trigger in it and it was shootin good then bout 4 in it broke somewheres and startd slam firing. Bout the 3rd slammed round it didnt kick that brass out. When the next one hit the other bras it blew up that round, and the last round in the mag breaking two fingers in the process. The one was a 45 and the second one was 9mm

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:04 AM   #952
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

ouch. Did you ever find out the exact problem? Did you contact Glock? What did they say?

__________________
texaswoodworker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:09 AM   #953
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker
ouch. Did you ever find out the exact problem? Did you contact Glock? What did they say?
Bass pro re imbursed my mom for the 45 especially since it blew up on their range. The other was in so many pieces we couldnt tell. Glock told the guy thats part of why the came out w the g17 gen 3. So we dont know. They gave the guy his money back...kinda. they sent him a gen 3 w the trigger upgrade.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:15 AM   #954
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

So it was a Gen 1 or 2 that blow up? I would hope they had that problem ironed out in the Gen 3 or 4

__________________
texaswoodworker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:21 AM   #955
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker
So it was a Gen 1 or 2 that blow up? I would hope they had that problem ironed out in the Gen 3 or 4
Gen 1 and i think they do but im still leery of Dlocks. Instead of a Dlock my mom got a s&w elite compact in 357 sig. Then i got her some extended mags so she had 16 shots per load if she had one in pipe and a full mag. Im kickin myself for traden it off....but a colt huntsman and the smith seemd to be worth two GCS colts. I didnt argue and traded got 8 mags and plastic bone grips. Iv replaced them grips w pronghorn antler. Iv also put alot of dan wesson parts in em and shaved the hammer/trigger to where the hammers lay back at 3 1/2 lbs and the triggers break at 1 lb even.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:25 AM   #956
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
Gen 1 and i think they do but im still leery of Dlocks. Instead of a Dlock my mom got a s&w elite compact in 357 sig. Then i got her some extended mags so she had 16 shots per load if she had one in pipe and a full mag. Im kickin myself for traden it off....but a colt huntsman and the smith seemd to be worth two GCS colts. I didnt argue and traded got 8 mags and plastic bone grips. Iv replaced them grips w pronghorn antler. Iv also put alot of dan wesson parts in em and shaved the hammer/trigger to where the hammers lay back at 3 1/2 lbs and the triggers break at 1 lb even.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
Sounds like a kick ass gun.

If I get a Glock, I'll make sure it is a Gen 3 or 4.

I wonder if anyone makes a 1911 in .357 sig. I'm really wanting a pistol that fires that round. (I'll get one later on though. Right now, I'm waiting on a Mosin Nagant thats in the mail, then I'll start saving up for a Hi Point 995 Carbine. Either that, or a Ruger 10/22 or a Nagant Revolver. )
__________________

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 03-06-2012 at 03:29 AM.
texaswoodworker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:27 AM   #957
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker

Sounds like a kick ass gun.

If I get a Glock, I'll make sure it is a Gen 3 or 4.

I wonder if anyone makes a 1911 in .357 sig. I'm really wanting a pistol that fires that round.
My 226 is a badass gun and well qorth the $ of course i didnt pay anything for mine at all it was a tester. Its slimmer and lighter than normal....they now sell em that way

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:29 AM   #958
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
silverado113's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Eastern,Iowa
Posts: 2,993
Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Sounds like a kick ass gun.

If I get a Glock, I'll make sure it is a Gen 3 or 4.

I wonder if anyone makes a 1911 in .357 sig. I'm really wanting a pistol that fires that round.
If you are looking for a polymer you have to check out the XDm and M&P along the way as well. And if you wait a few more weeks till I get my FFL I'll cut you a good deal
__________________

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.


Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

silverado113 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:32 AM   #959
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113

If you are looking for a polymer you have to check out the XDm and M&P along the way as well. And if you wait a few more weeks till I get my FFL I'll cut you a good deal
What kind of deal tony? Those are great choices also

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:33 AM   #960
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
silverado113's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Eastern,Iowa
Posts: 2,993
Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
What kind of deal tony?

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
Not much over cost.
__________________

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.


Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

silverado113 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Free Pass on Stupid "?" Thread Benning Boy The Club House 197 11-29-2011 02:03 AM
Gunowners Should Expect the Worst from a Lame-Duck Congress Kimber45 Politics, Religion and Controversy 2 08-21-2010 10:35 AM
HR 2099 Tax for Gunowners? markerdown Politics, Religion and Controversy 3 09-17-2009 11:42 AM
http://www.gunowners.org/a072808.htm Kelly J Politics, Religion and Controversy 3 07-28-2008 11:19 PM



Newest Threads