Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Gunowners for a Free America thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2011, 06:24 PM   #81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 860 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I agree on majority

Old 10-26-2011, 06:44 PM   #82
I'm your huckleberry
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6542 Times on 3633 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Man, this thing is moving fast.

I'm fine with 18.
I dunno about the rest of the US, but an 18 yo can buy a hand gun if you buy it from a private owner. Shotgun and rifle is legal at 18 too.

I agree with allowing people who are old enought to serve in the military to join. So we should make one exception to the rule We sould allow people who are 17 to join if they are enlisted.

I also agree on majority rule. It will make sure most of the people are happy. (something I wish the government could do )

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 10-26-2011 at 06:49 PM.

Old 10-26-2011, 06:48 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker
Man, this thing is moving fast.

I'm fine with 18.
I dunno about the rest of the US, but an 18 yo can buy a hand gun if you buy it from a private owner. Shotgun and rifle is legal at 18 too.

I agree with allowing people who are old enought to serve in the military to join. So we should make one exception to the rule We sould allow people who are 17 to join if they are enlisted.
You mean the 17 y.o.s that are in a delayed entry program? If so id have to agree. As to it mocen fast most stuff does if its a good idea used for the right reasons.

Old 10-26-2011, 06:52 PM   #84
I'm your huckleberry
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6542 Times on 3633 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by g17frantz View Post
OK I forgot bkt. So are all of us in agreeance? Texas, g17, Ben, bigbyrd, marlinman, bkt, silverado, trip. Forgetting anyone? And anyone else once we actually get our bylaws and everything in place we send them an invite via pm to participate. Sound good? Do we need to set up any further leadership? And this is the only thing I have to say that comes off negative and Texas nothing personal: since we have limited to age requirements;are we limiting to 18 and up or 21 and up? I only say this b/c of handguns. I'm fine with 18 b/c you can buy a rifle and vote. Agree?
18 and up sounds good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g17frantz View Post
Good point trip I didn't touch on that point. If you're "legally" old enough to bleed for your country you're a member.
I also like that idea. Just like I said above, we should allow anyone who is enlisted in the military regardless of age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceBoyer View Post
Three percent is absolutely true. Note that the communists in Russia called themselves 'Bolsheviks' roughly translates to " the big group" while they wer most def in the minority. Note the 'occupy' movement, cals itself the 99 %, while they are atiny maybe 1%.

I would suggest that WE KNOW we are the 3% but that is not something you put out to the public who might not grasp it all.
Motto Logo:
Live Freeor Die New Hampshire; the Gadsden flag, 'Don't tread on me", you could not hope to do better. I am the Chief Instigator for the Sons of Liberty LA. We adopted WWSAD? (What would Sam Adams Do?) and fly the Gadsden flagt at our rallies events and protests. Sons of Liberty, the original American freedom fighters.
Sounds good. We'll have to talk about that more.

Old 10-26-2011, 06:54 PM   #85

Liked 359 Times on 223 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
You mean the 17 y.o.s that are in a delayed entry program? If so id have to agree. As to it mocen fast most stuff does if its a good idea used for the right reasons.
I think he meant a 17 year old that is actually in the military. I was 17 when I graduated boot camp and turned 18 a couple of weeks later. I think the issue with those in the DEP program is that they can get out of it before they actually become a military member.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 10-26-2011, 06:56 PM   #86

Liked 18 Times on 17 Posts

So do we need to set up any further leadership?

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 10-26-2011, 07:01 PM   #87

Is bkt part of the leadership? I think since hes a mod for ftf he should be one for gffa also, that is if he agrees 1st and is one of the Founders

Old 10-26-2011, 07:05 PM   #88

Liked 47 Times on 34 Posts

I think majority vote makes more sense. Unanimous agreement is hard to achieve, and can lock an organization down.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:06 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby
I think majority vote makes more sense. Unanimous agreement is hard to achieve, and can lock an organization down.
We agree on that

Old 10-26-2011, 07:10 PM   #90
Relax, y'all. It's not my blood. ~Me, Fallujah, 2005

Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I agree with the 17 exception, but would go one step further, I wouldn't restrict it to Active Duty, but would include Reserves and National Guard too. But only those who are actually enlisted (not DEP), have gone through or are in basic training, and would be willing to include Coast Guard as in times of war they are under DOD.

I'm thinking the 8 could serve as something like trustees until we get more members and active polls up and going, from there all things GFFA related could be done strictly by popular vote.