Gunowners for a Free America thread - Page 62
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Gunowners for a Free America thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2011, 04:08 AM   #611
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9209 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by g17frantz View Post
showing up here trip....that logo is looking sexy!!!!
Yeah, as some have guessed I'm not exactly up and up on the technology front. It took a bit to realize that the profile pic and avatar were 2 different things.

Old 11-01-2011, 04:11 AM   #612

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

Yeah, as some have guessed I'm not exactly up and up on the technology front. It took a bit to realize that the profile pic and avatar were 2 different things.
Stupid technology

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 11-01-2011, 04:13 AM   #613

Liked 9209 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by g17frantz View Post
Stupid technology
I know! And now I got this damn phone, that is way, way, more upscale than the iphone I used to have. iphone 3gs aint got nothin on a motorola galaxy x. It's gonna take me weeks to figure that thing out.

Old 11-01-2011, 04:45 AM   #614

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 4

OK, OK what is this invite all about!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 11-01-2011, 05:05 AM   #615

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I haven't read the entire thread, I skimmed it and looked for important stuff but I got some questions.

A. What is your objective?

A2. Is your objective to educate adults on safe and proper firearm ownership, if so you are already fighting a losing battle. You are going to have to include children for education as well or your fight is lost before you started.

B. How to you plan on achieving anything without money? Is the plan to form a grass roots movement kinda like the tea party except comprised of people who vote based on stances on guns? If so, how do you expect to achieve this?

C. How is this group really any different than the NRA? The goals seem to be the same, promotion of firearm ownership and education, nothing else matters... thats the nra.... and others.

D. (not really a question, just an observation) If you are not going to have membership fees then you are going to be going grass roots, to do that you will be far more successful without a "councel". If you do have a face to the movement, it should be much more carefullly chosen than "me because i helped start it", you need a face for tv's, a face that can communicate the ideas and beliefs of the organization clearly and promptly even under criticism. A face that will not slip up and say something that could be taken wrong. A face that minds its words and does not mince them.

E. Is this organization invite only? if so than it is doomed already, anything like that (read free masons) is quickly demonized by the masses because they think you have something to hide, plus it will greatly restrict growth of the movement.

Just some things to consider and my two cents.

Check out my blog:http://ithinkforme.blogspot.com/

Old 11-01-2011, 05:41 AM   #616
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6577 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory2 View Post
I haven't read the entire thread, I skimmed it and looked for important stuff but I got some questions.

A. What is your objective?

A2. Is your objective to educate adults on safe and proper firearm ownership, if so you are already fighting a losing battle. You are going to have to include children for education as well or your fight is lost before you started.

B. How to you plan on achieving anything without money? Is the plan to form a grass roots movement kinda like the tea party except comprised of people who vote based on stances on guns? If so, how do you expect to achieve this?

C. How is this group really any different than the NRA? The goals seem to be the same, promotion of firearm ownership and education, nothing else matters... thats the nra.... and others.

D. (not really a question, just an observation) If you are not going to have membership fees then you are going to be going grass roots, to do that you will be far more successful without a "councel". If you do have a face to the movement, it should be much more carefullly chosen than "me because i helped start it", you need a face for tv's, a face that can communicate the ideas and beliefs of the organization clearly and promptly even under criticism. A face that will not slip up and say something that could be taken wrong. A face that minds its words and does not mince them.

E. Is this organization invite only? if so than it is doomed already, anything like that (read free masons) is quickly demonized by the masses because they think you have something to hide, plus it will greatly restrict growth of the movement.

Just some things to consider and my two cents.
A. Our objective it to teach both children and adults about firearms, firearm saftey, and firearm laws. We would also like to fight to have several of the current laws repealed (the ones that infringe on the 2a) and prevent new ones from being created. We are also taking a strong stance against any UN involvement in US laws (at least ones that effect 2a)

B. We plan on letting members join for free (or maybe for 1$. That will soon be discussed) and taking donations.

C.The NRA origionally wanted to do what we want to do, but they have started going in a different direction that many of us do not like (We still think they do a lot of good though). We plan to not change or origional goals. That is one of the main differences between us and the NRA.

D. That is a good point, I fully have confidence in our current council that they have what it takes to get the job done. Everyone on our council has a passion for guns and a strong will to defend their rights. Right now, the council is a huge help in organizing everything. Someday, we may decide that we do not need it, but for now, it is a huge help.

E. No, this organization is not invite only. We do ask people to join that we have personally seen their political stances on 2A, but we will also accept people who ask to join. We hope to someday have a large chunk of the 80 million gunowners in the USA as members.

Do you what to join?

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 11-01-2011 at 05:47 AM.

Old 11-01-2011, 05:51 AM   #617

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts

Sure, as long as the list of gun laws to be repealed include:
NFA 1934
GCA 1968
FOPA 1986

These three being eliminated would remove virtually all burden from gun owners. It would also eliminate "second class citizenship" aka felons.

The ATF needs to be eliminated, or greatly reduced in scope and mission.

Paramilitary government agencies need to be eliminated for the most part.

No knock raids should be illegal.

There is more, but I will stop here lol.

Old 11-01-2011, 06:20 AM   #618

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

You hace some very valid points. Two of the acts u mentioned NO one will be able to repeal unless the country falls and we have to start all over. 68 and 86 being them two. The felons part we mightbe able to change but i seriously doubt it.

Old 11-01-2011, 06:29 AM   #619

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
You hace some very valid points. Two of the acts u mentioned NO one will be able to repeal unless the country falls and we have to start all over. 68 and 86 being them two. The felons part we mightbe able to change but i seriously doubt it.
Perhaps. Thats where negotiation comes in. Start high, and work down to what you want. In this case, what I want from the removal of these laws is simply, legal purchase of all types of firearms, without restriction on supply. If the government wants me to register my (theoretical) mp7, than so be it. But I should be able to by one at fair market value if I so choose. In other words, I should be able to go to a gun shop and pick one up, or order one from HK (in this case). New fully automatic firearms should be legal to add to the registration when they are produced, or purchased... with ease, by every day citizens who do not need a class III to do so.

Then we could work on getting rid of the registration, until the goals are achieved. It is not going to be something that happens all at once, just like those laws did not all happen at the same time, they creep up. We (gun owners) must slowly take back our rights, over time, little by little, without shocking the system.

Old 11-01-2011, 02:07 PM   #620
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6577 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Sounds good. When you said "eliminate "second class citizenship" aka felons.", are you talking about all felons or just those who did not commit violent crimes?