Gunowners for a Free America thread - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Gunowners for a Free America thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2011, 03:41 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby View Post
As far as I know it's 200 posts to become a senior member. And yes, further down the road it would cause problems recruiting from the web but we gotta have a starting point. After the web gets up and going, the "senior members" can vote on non forum members getting their right to vote on club matters.
Gotta disagree with that, as the only reasoning. I'd recommend either a senior member (by posts) or a 'lurker' who has been a member for quite a while who simply doesn't post that much, that may be a one year member but only have fifteen or twenty posts.[/QUOTE]

FYI, I received the senior member status once I hit 100 posts.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 10-26-2011, 03:43 PM   #52

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by g17frantz View Post
+1. We can support it by putting a link on the page or talk about it at meetings etc etc
Something else I've thought about. Just when and how are we going to have meetings? As was already pointed out, we have, at best, 2 members in a given area at this point. Meaning someone is going to be traveling. But where? We need a place to meet too.

Old 10-26-2011, 03:49 PM   #53

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Something else I've thought about. Just when and how are we going to have meetings? As was already pointed out, we have, at best, 2 members in a given area at this point. Meaning someone is going to be traveling. But where? We need a place to meet too.
Could always do a video meeting via Skype or something like that given the geographical differences of members.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 10-26-2011, 03:55 PM   #54

Just so happens that I do have Skype (free account) and know how to use it! It's been great for chatting with my brother in Afghanistan.

Old 10-26-2011, 04:10 PM   #55

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I dont have a home computer anymore let alone skype so that could be an issue but im game for suggestions.

Old 10-26-2011, 04:27 PM   #56

It would take probably some special software and someone who knows what they're doing, but you could probably be patched into a conference call that could share onto a network.

Old 10-26-2011, 04:27 PM   #57

[QUOTE=Getting the help of the local boy scouts would be a good idea too but I would have a lot of trouble getting any help from them in my area. I have no relationship with anyone in the boy scouts and I'm 19 so it's not like I can just walk in to their HQ and convice them to let them shoot guns.[/QUOTE]

actually wouldnt be as hard as you would think.

unrelated to that i do have a couple of questions, A) i dont meet either requirement that isn't set in stone yet. but provided it is set in stone, when i meet said requirements would i just have to PM someone to become a member if it becomes a sticky first? also i have to agree with the skype idea for meetings (or both? wouldnt be that hard) as im in the military and it would be alot harder for me to get time off. (dont see my homesick wife being happy about me using my leave for something that doesnt involve family or friends, haha)

"Our obligations to our country never cease but with our lives."
-John Adams

Old 10-26-2011, 04:36 PM   #58

Nightstalker, some things we should probably go ahead and do:

Figure out who exactly the founding members are.
Set the requirements for sure, and a process for joining.
I guess once we figure this out, it will be published.

Old 10-26-2011, 04:52 PM   #59

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
Nightstalker, some things we should probably go ahead and do:

Figure out who exactly the founding members are.
Set the requirements for sure, and a process for joining.
I guess once we figure this out, it will be published.
Trip I'd have to say since some of us have been more active then others on the thread:Texas, you, silverado, marlinman, benluby, bigbyrd and myself. Any disagreement here boys?
And since we're so spread out across the us, Skype would work or we would just have to set a time to dedicate when we all can be on the forum.

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 10-26-2011, 05:06 PM   #60

Liked 78 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by g17frantz

Trip I'd have to say since some of us have been more active then others on the thread:Texas, you, silverado, marlinman, benluby, bigbyrd and myself. Any disagreement here boys?
And since we're so spread out across the us, Skype would work or we would just have to set a time to dedicate when we all can be on the forum.
Add bkt to the list. He doesn't say much, but he has all his ducks quacking in unison.