Gunowners for a Free America thread - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Gunowners for a Free America thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2011, 07:13 AM   #41
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 237 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 518

Ok I like this idea and want to be a member!

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Old 10-26-2011, 07:39 AM   #42

Thumbs up

sign me up,
in the state of Indiana we have 2 options when getting our ccw permit, you can go 4 years or lifetime, i opted for the lifetime obviousley, and i am also a member of a local gun clup called Marion County Fish & Game, i could do some recruiting there possibly.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:31 AM   #43

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Hey fellas,

I love the idea so far and the motivation. I would love to be involved.

With that said, I have one major concern. We CANNOT be the NRA. Youth/adult education is fine, but thats what the NRA started out as. The same can be said with its legal department.

How would we distinguish ourselves???

Our goals should reflect the 3% mentality or else whats the real point of even involving the 3% ideal, right?

I don't want it to sound like a militia, but thats kinda what I have in mind. of course there is that horrible stigma that comes along with it...I guess I'm aiming for something more like a modern day Minute Men ideology, mentality, and directive.

Am I way off the mark???

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 10-26-2011, 09:14 AM   #44

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

What about introducing the idea to local FFA groups? I want in but i dont think i qualify on either minimum requirement. As to the letting people know what we are doing why couldnt we do an intro thing like cane does on ftf?

Old 10-26-2011, 01:55 PM   #45

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
What about introducing the idea to local FFA groups? I want in but i dont think i qualify on either minimum requirement. As to the letting people know what we are doing why couldnt we do an intro thing like cane does on ftf?
You don't meet the minimum requirements as of right now, with your join date being September, However, That is no reason at all to keep good ideas to yourself!!

Old 10-26-2011, 02:17 PM   #46
Resident JackHole
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 350 Times on 187 Posts
Likes Given: 58

Count me in. Just let me know what I can do to help.

No, you can't take my gun. I'm gonna need it when you try to take my truck...

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm a mechanic. I fix things. This is why I will never be able to hold public office.

Old 10-26-2011, 02:24 PM   #47

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigByrd47119
Hey fellas,

With that said, I have one major concern. We CANNOT be the NRA. Youth/adult education is fine, but thats what the NRA started out as. The same can be said with its legal department.

Our goals should reflect the 3% mentality or else whats the real point of even involving the 3% ideal, right?

I don't want it to sound like a militia, but thats kinda what I have in mind. of course there is that horrible stigma that comes along with it...I guess I'm aiming for something more like a modern day Minute Men ideology, mentality, and directive.

Am I way off the mark???
Bigbyrd I agree, that's how the NRA started out and when they did, the NRA blew up to what it is today. But unfortunately IMHO the NRA has strayed from their ways. I want us to be firm with our feet planted on our ideologies and ill have to say yes; it should be a freedom fighter type of thing but not radical. We HAVE to start small but have big expectations, that's the only way we're going to succeed. OK, I have a proposal for you guys: we need to figure out leadership/foundership and start voting on what we want to incorporate into this. The subject matter needs to be unanimous between members. We can toss ideas around all day but if we wanna get going on this we need to get it going.

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 10-26-2011, 03:29 PM   #48
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
You have over 200 posts so you qualify. That rule is not even set in stone yet. It looks like we have a few people who don't meet the requriements so we'll have to talk about that more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigByrd47119 View Post
Hey fellas,

Am I way off the mark???
I agree, we do not need to become the NRA, we need to become as well known as them and we need to get as many members (hopefully more) as them. I had the same idea about the militia, but I don't think anyone would want to join a militia (other than us), so I like the minute man idea. If had decided to become a militia, we could of had some serious issues with the government. They don't look too kindly toward militias that spreak against their laws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g17frantz View Post
Bigbyrd I agree, that's how the NRA started out and when they did, the NRA blew up to what it is today. But unfortunately IMHO the NRA has strayed from their ways. I want us to be firm with our feet planted on our ideologies and ill have to say yes; it should be a freedom fighter type of thing but not radical. We HAVE to start small but have big expectations, that's the only way we're going to succeed. OK, I have a proposal for you guys: we need to figure out leadership/foundership and start voting on what we want to incorporate into this. The subject matter needs to be unanimous between members. We can toss ideas around all day but if we wanna get going on this we need to get it going.
Ok, we have been thinking about gettting the mods to set us up with our own forum (sticky), so we can do that and then start opening polls. We need to also find away to prove membership and create something like a constitution for our organization.

Old 10-26-2011, 03:32 PM   #49

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigByrd47119 View Post
Hey fellas,

Am I way off the mark???

Definitely need to make a distinguishment! There are already Facebook pages, forums and a dot org website for 3%ers.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 10-26-2011, 04:31 PM   #50

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113

Definitely need to make a distinguishment! There are already Facebook pages, forums and a dot org website for 3%ers.
+1. We can support it by putting a link on the page or talk about it at meetings etc etc

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy