Gunowners for a Free America thread - Page 49
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Gunowners for a Free America thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2011, 04:27 PM   #481
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9212 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I would like to say something, on a personal note (for myself)

I would like to step down as President, or be more kind of a figurehead type president (which I don't think would make it a very honorable position).

And here are the reasons why.

1. I think that g17 shows much more dedication and enthusiasm than I can give/show myself.
2. Right now, he is also doing an excellent job of spearheading this thing.
3. I've got contacts that are talking about putting me into much more employment right now. As many of you know, I'm currently lacking in a regular job and making my income doing odd jobs. I've gotten 4 phone calls just this morning from people who have heard about me and would like a little help with a few different projects. I have to make some money, I'm sure you guys understand. Therefor I won't be able to put in the dedication required for the position.

So there's whats going on. G17 right now is doing a better job than I am. I would very much like to be an officer, but there's also the time issues involved with work picking up for me. At the very least, I do wish to remain a voting founder.

And by the way, I'm torn between the second logo and the newest option. I have to say I think I'm voting for the newest logo option. I also like the flag logo, and think we need to decide on what's what as far as a founder logo and group logo, or just one to cover it all.

Old 10-30-2011, 04:37 PM   #482

Liked 78 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by g17frantz View Post
the one with "We the People"? i think the one with the 3% watermark is the winner
Only reason I vote against the 3% is because I really would like to avoid getting a 'they're a small group' mentality, and there's dozens of organizations out there advertising the 3% fact.
Just my opinion, but I think that 'we the people' is crucial, because we are the people, and, as such, shouldn't limit ourselves by a designation on what percentage of the population we represent.
I still believe that the group, while directed at the 2nd, must address issues of, not only what politicians vote strongly for 2nd amendment rights, but those that also attempt to infringe first and other amendment rights as well.
Sort of a 'constitutional report card' for those in office. Obviously, this will be down the road.

Old 10-30-2011, 04:39 PM   #483

@ Ben. I agree. We can't very well support one, and not all the others.

But we can focus on the second.

Old 10-30-2011, 04:41 PM   #484

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
@ Ben. I agree. We can't very well support one, and not all the others.

But we can focus on the second.
Absolutely. The ACLU and some others fight predominately for the 1st, so that's covered. We should definitely focus on the second, but no reason we can't grade a politician on all.

Old 10-30-2011, 04:43 PM   #485

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I agree w you to a certain extent on the 3% but if we use the we are the people we might want to put on there of the people. Thats just an idea. Why we should do it is bc we ARE the people defending those rights yet we are made up OF the people in this country who as of right has a majority of being ex military. If that makes any kind of sense.

Old 10-30-2011, 04:44 PM   #486

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

OK I agree with the 3% remarks. How about we settle on #1 then? Aye? And if trip you need to step down I understand, your home needs to be your first priority. If you guys want me to step up to take the reigns of Pres, I will do so.

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 10-30-2011, 04:46 PM   #487

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
I agree w you to a certain extent on the 3% but if we use the we are the people we might want to put on there of the people. Thats just an idea. Why we should do it is bc we ARE the people defending those rights yet we are made up OF the people in this country who as of right has a majority of being ex military. If that makes any kind of sense.
I see what your saying, but putting all of that one there could be difficult.

You thinking a single logo, like "We ARE OF the people"?

Old 10-30-2011, 04:46 PM   #488

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
Here's my reasoning: The 2nd Amendment is for all the citizens of our fine Nation. Just because only 3% (approximately) choose to exercise that right, doesn't meant that the amendment doesn't apply to 100% of the citizenry.
We're not an elite, or special group, in my mind. We're just a small percentage that exercises a right granted to 100% of the law abiding public. Thus, I don't care for the 3% designation. However, obviously, if the majority of the group decides to have the watermark, I won't say another word about it.

Old 10-30-2011, 04:47 PM   #489

Quote:
Originally Posted by g17frantz View Post
OK I agree with the 3% remarks. How about we settle on #1 then? Aye? And if trip you need to step down I understand, your home needs to be your first priority. If you guys want me to step up to take the reigns of Pres, I will do so.
That's what I think needs to happen.

Old 10-30-2011, 04:48 PM   #490

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby

Here's my reasoning: The 2nd Amendment is for all the citizens of our fine Nation. Just because only 3% (approximately) choose to exercise that right, doesn't meant that the amendment doesn't apply to 100% of the citizenry.
We're not an elite, or special group, in my mind. We're just a small percentage that exercises a right granted to 100% of the law abiding public. Thus, I don't care for the 3% designation. However, obviously, if the majority of the group decides to have the watermark, I won't say another word about it.
I agree Ben. Let's stray away from the 3% but, we can incorporate that somehow as an article or something

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy