Gunowners for a Free America thread - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Gunowners for a Free America thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2011, 03:15 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

Sounds like we're heading in the right direction. Now that we have something to go off member wise, let's decide on exactly what we're going to do. Before we start recruiting everyone I think we need to decide on setting a core structure of leadership and get together our ideology. What's our mission? What's our purpose? What can we actually do to protect our 2nd amendment right? Are we gun toting vigilantes or are we freedom fighters? These are all questions new members will want to know. It's going to take a lot of research and discipline on our parts starting the gffa, which I'm willing to sacrifice my free time for. I believe every American should bare arms and fight for their rights.

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 10-26-2011, 03:22 AM   #32

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by g17frantz View Post
Sounds like we're heading in the right direction. Now that we have something to go off member wise, let's decide on exactly what we're going to do. Before we start recruiting everyone I think we need to decide on setting a core structure of leadership and get together our ideology. What's our mission? What's our purpose? What can we actually do to protect our 2nd amendment right? Are we gun toting vigilantes or are we freedom fighters? These are all questions new members will want to know. It's going to take a lot of research and discipline on our parts starting the gffa, which I'm willing to sacrifice my free time for. I believe every American should bare arms and fight for their rights.
Most definitely. There are many things that can be done, but we need a main focus.

Old 10-26-2011, 03:30 AM   #33
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

How about this. Our mission is to protect 2A rights from both political (anti gun liberals) and foreign (UN) threats. (main purpose)

We can participate in boycotts of people and their supportors (companies) who support the abolishment of the 2nd Amendment. We can protest any individual, company, state, or body that violates the 2nd Amendment. We can act as a country wide militia if our rights are ever seriously threatened to the point where the only option is war. We can teach everyone that gun control is not the answer and that there is nothing wrong with defending yourself. Eventually, I would like to see us sponsoring shooting competitions and possibly taking important cases to the supreme court.

Things like that. None of this is set in stone yet so we can discuss it more.

Old 10-26-2011, 04:21 AM   #34

That sounds more like a big picture, long term goal.
How about starting smaller? One thing that anti gun crowd likes to do is start on our children. How about beating them to it? Maybe trying to get involved in youth shooting events and education?

Old 10-26-2011, 04:36 AM   #35

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

I'm liking where this is heading boys I do. I agree with trip. Start small then work to a bigger movement, but never losing focus on the bigger picture.
OK so lets base our core structures: protecting 2nd amendment rights (the only way we can we really do this is by educating members on their actual rights with accordance to federal and state law) Petitioning against anti gun lobbyists and un (ultimate goal) and firearm safety. I believe that would be a good starting point and add things once we really get going. What u guys think? And once we do finally come up with an agreeable structure, I'm sure we could maybe convince the mods at ftf to dedicate a section in the forum for the gffa

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 10-26-2011, 04:40 AM   #36

I'm thinking starting with firearms safety and marksmanship for kids. Like 10 Years old or so. Maybe enlisting the help of local boy scout troops.

Old 10-26-2011, 04:50 AM   #37

Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

How creative are you guys wanting to get with this? I have some ideas, but I'm not really interested in discussing my plan on an open forum.

Old 10-26-2011, 04:56 AM   #38

Teaching children that guns are not bad and teaching them how to safely use them sounds like a great idea. But how are we going to do that this early in the organization? We would have a hard time getting parents and schools on board for this because no one knows who we are and we would only have 1-2 members in the same area at best. Getting the help of the local boy scouts would be a good idea too but I would have a lot of trouble getting any help from them in my area. I have no relationship with anyone in the boy scouts and I'm 19 so it's not like I can just walk in to their HQ and convice them to let them shoot guns. I hope Ya'll will have better luck at that then I would.

I agree with starting small. If we can get everyone on this forum to join, that would be a huge help. We could then go to other gun forums and get them to help us as well.

Let's go ahead and create a structure for us to follow.

Main purpose-protect gun rights from domestic and foreign threats.
secondary purpose- teach children and adults about gun safety and show them how gun control does not work. Possibly organize events that will teach the public about guns and teach them how to safely use them. Organize competitions after well established.

Anything else?

Old 10-26-2011, 04:57 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby View Post
How creative are you guys wanting to get with this? I have some ideas, but I'm not really interested in discussing my plan on an open forum.
We are open to any ideas. How creative are you wanting to get?

Old 10-26-2011, 05:16 AM   #40

Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

PM's sent to five of you. Anyone that didn't get it, just ask and I'll PM.