Gunowners for a Free America thread - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Gunowners for a Free America thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2011, 12:40 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 78 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by g17frantz View Post
How many posts does it take to become a senior member?
I can see how that would be a good idea, but later when we start recruting people from the rest of the web, that could become a problem. It may be easier to give everyone the right to vote but give senior members other privilages along with voting.
As far as I know it's 200 posts to become a senior member. And yes, further down the road it would cause problems recruiting from the web but we gotta have a starting point. After the web gets up and going, the "senior members" can vote on non forum members getting their right to vote on club matters.[/QUOTE]

Gotta disagree with that, as the only reasoning. I'd recommend either a senior member (by posts) or a 'lurker' who has been a member for quite a while who simply doesn't post that much, that may be a one year member but only have fifteen or twenty posts.

Old 10-26-2011, 12:47 AM   #22
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6577 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by g17frantz View Post
How many posts does it take to become a senior member?
I can see how that would be a good idea, but later when we start recruting people from the rest of the web, that could become a problem. It may be easier to give everyone the right to vote but give senior members other privilages along with voting.
As far as I know it's 200 posts to become a senior member. And yes, further down the road it would cause problems recruiting from the web but we gotta have a starting point. After the web gets up and going, the "senior members" can vote on non forum members getting their right to vote on club matters.[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby View Post
As far as I know it's 200 posts to become a senior member. And yes, further down the road it would cause problems recruiting from the web but we gotta have a starting point. After the web gets up and going, the "senior members" can vote on non forum members getting their right to vote on club matters.
Gotta disagree with that, as the only reasoning. I'd recommend either a senior member (by posts) or a 'lurker' who has been a member for quite a while who simply doesn't post that much, that may be a one year member but only have fifteen or twenty posts.[/QUOTE]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, how about this. You get a vote if you have been a member for 4 months or have posted over 200 posts. Will that be a good starting point? Later on, we can get rid of this rule and open it to everyone.

Old 10-26-2011, 12:49 AM   #23

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

If your going to take donations you need to create a not for profit LLC and file for a 501 3c with the IRS which shows others it's a not for profit organization.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 10-26-2011, 01:00 AM   #24

Liked 78 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
As far as I know it's 200 posts to become a senior member. And yes, further down the road it would cause problems recruiting from the web but we gotta have a starting point. After the web gets up and going, the "senior members" can vote on non forum members getting their right to vote on club matters.

Gotta disagree with that, as the only reasoning. I'd recommend either a senior member (by posts) or a 'lurker' who has been a member for quite a while who simply doesn't post that much, that may be a one year member but only have fifteen or twenty posts.[/QUOTE]
Ok, how about this. You get a vote if you have been a member for 4 months or have posted over 200 posts. Will that be a good starting point? Later on, we can get rid of this rule and open it to everyone.[/QUOTE]

I have absolutely no issue with that.

Old 10-26-2011, 01:22 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113 View Post
If your going to take donations you need to create a not for profit LLC and file for a 501 3c with the IRS which shows others it's a not for profit organization.
Thanks for the info. When/if we decide to take donations, I'll remember that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby View Post
Gotta disagree with that, as the only reasoning. I'd recommend either a senior member (by posts) or a 'lurker' who has been a member for quite a while who simply doesn't post that much, that may be a one year member but only have fifteen or twenty posts.
Ok, how about this. You get a vote if you have been a member for 4 months or have posted over 200 posts. Will that be a good starting point? Later on, we can get rid of this rule and open it to everyone.[/QUOTE]

I have absolutely no issue with that.[/QUOTE]

Good, does anybody else have a problem with this or something they would like to add?

Old 10-26-2011, 02:04 AM   #26

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

i like the idea of having an amount of time or posts but i dont meat the limmets and i would love to be in. i dont know how to solve this one but if you ask the heads of the web sit you might be able to get your own section like the mosin nagant for the groop. sry about the spelling its not my thing.

Old 10-26-2011, 02:41 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootitout View Post
i like the idea of having an amount of time or posts but i dont meat the limmets and i would love to be in. i dont know how to solve this one but if you ask the heads of the web sit you might be able to get your own section like the mosin nagant for the groop. sry about the spelling its not my thing.
Your close enought to 4 months. (we'll go by the month you joined, not the day.) You joined in August so you would be eligable for membership in November. We'll just forget those last 6 days.

Old 10-26-2011, 02:47 AM   #28

Liked 9209 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113 View Post
@ TexasWW, My sister is an accountant, and I'm sure I could talk her into helping. She's also a gunowner too.

Old 10-26-2011, 03:06 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
@ TexasWW, My sister is an accountant, and I'm sure I could talk her into helping. She's also a gunowner too.
That would be a big help too.

I just read about how websites and forums make money from ads (google pays you). Basically, when someone clicks on an add, the website gets like $0.05-$0.10 per click. That seems small but it adds up. The woodworking forum I belong to (Lumberjocks.com) makes about $70.00 per day and is worth over $40,000.00 Just from the ads. I wonder how well that would work with our site? (They would be gun ads of course)

Old 10-26-2011, 03:08 AM   #30

Liked 9209 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
That would be a big help too.

I just read about how websites and forums make money from ads (google pays you). Basically, when someone clicks on an add, the website gets like $0.05-$0.10 per click. That seems small but it adds up. The woodworking forum I belong to (Lumberjocks.com) makes about $70.00 per day and is worth over $40,000.00 Just from the ads. I wonder how well that would work with our site? (They would be gun ads of course)
sounds like a man with a plan.
If we get into making some money, we have to figure out what to do with it.