Gunowners for a Free America thread - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Gunowners for a Free America thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2011, 10:20 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6573 Times on 3638 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by g17frantz View Post
Is it sad Texas hasn't even responded about official membership yet and I've already drawn up a logo? Eel!
I'm here! I didn't get any sleep last night so I passed out.

BKT, the three percent thing is very interesting. 3 million sounds more reasonable than 80 million. It would still be nice to get the whole 80 million though.

Tek, I like to logo idea. I want to hear your idea too g17.

g17, We'll have to talk about the website. We need to find out how we are going to do everything first though.

Now for the official business

What are our directives? What will we do for the gun community? Will we sue for our rights like the NRA does? Will we try to get so many members that we can out vote the anit gun liberals? What will we do?

As for money. Do we even want to deal with it? Free membership would help get more members. Do we want to accept donations? (I don't know the laws concerning this.)

Membership, Do we want it to have the same requirements as FTF membership?

Rules for officers. How many do we need, How do we choose them, Ect. (I know I'm the one choreographing much of this but I have a feeling like someone else may do a better job at this than me. I really have no freaken idea how to run something like this.) Do we want this to be a direct democracy (one vote per person regardless of race, religion, sex, age, ect)

What else do we need?

Old 10-25-2011, 10:43 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

The logo needs to be drawn up and distributed. But how about making the "3" blue? or even blue and white stripes with a blood red "3"? Just a thought. I want the tattoo!!

Texas, I wish I could be more help with organizing and all, but I think the best I can do is vote on issues. I don't have an organizational mind at all, or know much about getting the thing done.

Issues covered so far:
1. Direct democracy-I'm for it
2. Age Limit-old enough to buy a gun from a dealer sounds good to me. Notice that this also means they are old enough to vote?
3. Official Website-definitely a plus.
4. Money and donations-IMO, do that later, figure out what we would do with money and donations first.
5. What we want to do-I want to out vote the anti gun crowd. Petitions. Increase awareness of 2A rights and freedoms. Introduce as many people to our way of life as we can (our sports, ideals, beliefs) Can we say Uncle Ted style?

I think the number of officers should be directly related to the population of the group. Like our country's government was originally supposed to be.

We do need to be able to get a feel for any applicants, at least until/if the group gets too big to do so.

Old 10-25-2011, 10:59 PM   #13

Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Not to sound paranoid, but a red 3 is not a good idea. We want to avoid giving the anti-gun crowd a 'bloody' number prominently displayed.

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

Old 10-25-2011, 11:02 PM   #14

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Very well. Black sounds fine when you put it that way.

Old 10-25-2011, 11:35 PM   #15

Sounds good to me. We'll have to get the logos drawn up and see how they look. Ok, lets just forget about the money for now, All it would do is complicate things anyways. g17, you said you could cover the site, will it cost anything to get running?

Old 10-25-2011, 11:50 PM   #16

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker
Sounds good to me. We'll have to get the logos drawn up and see how they look. Ok, lets just forget about the money for now, All it would do is complicate things anyways. g17, you said you could cover the site, will it cost anything to get running?
Texas my mother was a web designer for MU. I can talk to her to see what we can do to get it going.

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 10-25-2011, 11:59 PM   #17

Texas as far as fees go, I agree. We can work out the kinks later. I think free is the best route and then possibly accept donations or something. Membership should I think first start off as from the forum. Senior members on the forum have voting rights the junior members don't. Once they get senior member status on the forum, they get voting rights. Make sense? We should start with just informing people about their constitutional rights from the second amendment and as stated before by me; firearm safety and training techniques. Just ideas....

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 10-26-2011, 12:10 AM   #18
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1334 Times on 698 Posts
Likes Given: 612

TexasWW, don't shy away from donations too quickly. There are no complications to setting up a PayPal or other "free" account that can accept donations and since it is a donation, you have no duty or liability to the person donating.

It's when you set up for memberships that you have to have someone managing it full time, sending out reminders, collecting payments, updating membership rolls, sending out marketing materials, etc. this would be something you would tackle later if you decided to, but donations should be available from day one for the loyal - you will need them.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 10-26-2011, 12:11 AM   #19

Quote:
Texas my mother was a web designer for MU. I can talk to her to see what we can do to get it going.
Sounds good.

Quote:
Texas as far as fees go, I agree. We can work out the kinks later. I think free is the best route and then possibly accept donations or something. Membership should I think first start off as from the forum. Senior members on the forum have voting rights the junior members don't. Once they get senior member status on the forum, they get voting rights. Make sense? We should start with just informing people about their constitutional rights from the second amendment and as stated before by me; firearm safety and training techniques. Just ideas....
How many posts does it take to become a senior member?
I can see how that would be a good idea, but later when we start recruting people from the rest of the web, that could become a problem. It may be easier to give everyone the right to vote but give senior members other privilages along with voting.

Old 10-26-2011, 12:26 AM   #20

How many posts does it take to become a senior member?
I can see how that would be a good idea, but later when we start recruting people from the rest of the web, that could become a problem. It may be easier to give everyone the right to vote but give senior members other privilages along with voting.[/QUOTE]

As far as I know it's 200 posts to become a senior member. And yes, further down the road it would cause problems recruiting from the web but we gotta have a starting point. After the web gets up and going, the "senior members" can vote on non forum members getting their right to vote on club matters.

~John F. Kennedy