Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Gunowners for a Free America thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2011, 08:30 PM   #121
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by g17frantz
OK so here is my .02, as founders of the GFFA our core belief is defending the 2nd amendment. Educating adults on how to protect their constitutional rights to bear arms (as well as fight if need be those rights.) We want to also educate adults firearm safety as well as on what they can do to defend themselves ie: tips on picking the right weapon for self defense/home defense. We want to be known as freedom fighters/minute men that will stand up to those opposing said rights against foreign and domestic parties. We will petition, we will march, we will succeed.
Thanks you just added a piece to our preamble g17

Old 10-26-2011, 08:31 PM   #122

Liked 47 Times on 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by g17frantz View Post
OK so here is my .02, as founders of the GFFA our core belief is defending the 2nd amendment. Educating adults on how to protect their constitutional rights to bear arms (as well as fight if need be those rights.) We want to also educate adults firearm safety as well as on what they can do to defend themselves ie: tips on picking the right weapon for self defense/home defense. We want to be known as freedom fighters/minute men that will stand up to those opposing said rights against foreign and domestic parties. We will petition, we will march, we will succeed.
What do you think about Freedom's Guardians? That way we don't look offensive, as much as defensive. We're not looking for a fight, but if you want one, you should have thought about a different opponent.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:33 PM   #123

hmmm, another thought. for military members would you want verification? i mean i can email someone a copy of my CAC card (not the side with my social though, haha) not saying someone on here would be low enough to fake military service...but if they did

"Among the natural rights of the colonists are these: first, a right to life, secondly to liberty, thirdly to property; together with the right to defend them in the best manner they can."
-Samuel Adams

"Our obligations to our country never cease but with our lives."
-John Adams

Old 10-26-2011, 08:34 PM   #124

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby

What do you think about Freedom's Guardians? That way we don't look offensive, as much as defensive. We're not looking for a fight, but if you want one, you should have thought about a different opponent.
That last line would make a great slogan.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:42 PM   #125

Liked 9197 Times on 5054 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightstalkersDQ View Post
hmmm, another thought. for military members would you want verification? i mean i can email someone a copy of my CAC card (not the side with my social though, haha) not saying someone on here would be low enough to fake military service...but if they did
As of right now I would say no to verification. Reason being, we are simply too small at the moment to have to worry about that.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:55 PM   #126

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
That last line would make a great slogan.
I agree with Marlinman.

Quote:
I love this paragraph! I think it does a great job in capturing the very essence of the group. Let me know what you need from me.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:58 PM   #127

Liked 18 Times on 17 Posts

Last line:
We are the guardians of freedom. We will not fight unless provoked. We will protect the 2nd amendment. We will petition, we will march, we wil succeed.
sound good?

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 10-26-2011, 09:05 PM   #128

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Sounds great some one should start a facebook page if we start a web sight its great way to tell people who friend us whats coming up / going on in the world.

Old 10-26-2011, 09:07 PM   #129

Liked 18 Times on 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootitout
Sounds great some one should start a facebook page if we start a web sight its great way to tell people who friend us whats coming up / going on in the world.
Good idea on fb

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 10-26-2011, 09:15 PM   #130

Liked 9197 Times on 5054 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Good idea on fb
Are you volunteering?