Gunowners for a Free America thread - Page 10
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Gunowners for a Free America thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2011, 07:12 PM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9217 Times on 5060 Posts
Likes Given: 74

A couple of us need to start writing these things up in a GFFA Constitution. If we have several different versions we can incorporate them together in ways we can agree on.

I'll get started on one here, and share it through PM.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:15 PM   #92
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 424 Times on 233 Posts
Likes Given: 70

Is there anything I can do to help?

No, you can't take my gun. I'm gonna need it when you try to take my truck...

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm a mechanic. I fix things. This is why I will never be able to hold public office.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:16 PM   #93

Liked 78 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113 View Post
I think he meant a 17 year old that is actually in the military. I was 17 when I graduated boot camp and turned 18 a couple of weeks later. I think the issue with those in the DEP program is that they can get out of it before they actually become a military member.
I agree with that as well. DEP entry doesn't equate to being in the service, as it is a promise to go on active duty, but one can opt out if they choose, prior to their official swearing in ceremony.
I think we also need to look at a motto and logo that won't give off an appearance of looking for a fight. We want to be appealing, and we want folks to know what we are about.
Obviously, our primary objectives need to be clear and laid out. Long term goals, and the steps needed to attain those goals.
We want to make sure that everyone that see's us or hears about us gets a sense of camaraderie, a welcoming approach, but one that is strong and firm in it's purpose and intent.
While we must be committed to our goals, we must also realize that we are attempting to recruit new members, and realize that, with growth comes significant headaches as well as our crossing from the state/local to the national lines.
We don't go looking for a legal fight or confrontation, but if it comes, then we must be ready to stand firm and do what needs to be done.
Educate, recruit, and defend the constitution. And that, to me, means all the amendments.
The second amendment is the teeth of the constitution. Remove it, you've got a dog that can only gum a bone.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:20 PM   #94

One more thing, has anyone approached Dillinger or Notdku or one of the others about setting up a restricted GFFA section? I understand if they have a problem with it, just curious.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:22 PM   #95

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby

I agree with that as well. DEP entry doesn't equate to being in the service, as it is a promise to go on active duty, but one can opt out if they choose, prior to their official swearing in ceremony.
I think we also need to look at a motto and logo that won't give off an appearance of looking for a fight. We want to be appealing, and we want folks to know what we are about.
Obviously, our primary objectives need to be clear and laid out. Long term goals, and the steps needed to attain those goals.
We want to make sure that everyone that see's us or hears about us gets a sense of camaraderie, a welcoming approach, but one that is strong and firm in it's purpose and intent.
While we must be committed to our goals, we must also realize that we are attempting to recruit new members, and realize that, with growth comes significant headaches as well as our crossing from the state/local to the national lines.
We don't go looking for a legal fight or confrontation, but if it comes, then we must be ready to stand firm and do what needs to be done.
Educate, recruit, and defend the constitution. And that, to me, means all the amendments.
The second amendment is the teeth of the constitution. Remove it, you've got a dog that can only gum a bone.
Well put ben well put. I agree w/everything you just said. Lets not get ahead of ourselves on the logo and a how everything will look, instead we need to have an major focus on what our objectives and how we can accomplish them.

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 10-26-2011, 07:23 PM   #96

Liked 9217 Times on 5060 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I just started a "group". Don't really know how that works out, if there's group discussion or what. It's invite only right now, and all founders have invites pending.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:29 PM   #97
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6580 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I agree with the 17 exception, but would go one step further, I wouldn't restrict it to Active Duty, but would include Reserves and National Guard too. But only those who are actually enlisted (not DEP), have gone through or are in basic training, and would be willing to include Coast Guard as in times of war they are under DOD.

I'm thinking the 8 could serve as something like trustees until we get more members and active polls up and going, from there all things GFFA related could be done strictly by popular vote.
Sounds good. So are we all in agreement about allowing 17 year olds who are enlisted in the military including coast guard? No DEP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
A couple of us need to start writing these things up in a GFFA Constitution. If we have several different versions we can incorporate them together in ways we can agree on.

I'll get started on one here, and share it through PM.
Sounds good. I'll start one too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry_bald_guy View Post
Is there anything I can do to help?
Do you have any suggestions. That is mostly what we need right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby View Post
Yep, we need to give our organization a warm apperance that will make people want to join. We'll have to deal with those headaces as they come too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby View Post
One more thing, has anyone approached Dillinger or Notdku or one of the others about setting up a restricted GFFA section? I understand if they have a problem with it, just curious.
I'll send them a PM.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:33 PM   #98

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

Ill get on writing up some ideas as well.

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 10-26-2011, 07:37 PM   #99

I'm currently working on the writing of a potential video, but will happily toss my writing and other abilities in to help with reading and tweaking as needed.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:37 PM   #100
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 424 Times on 233 Posts
Likes Given: 70

I'm a doer, not a thinker. All the suggestions I would have offered have been made already.

No, you can't take my gun. I'm gonna need it when you try to take my truck...

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm a mechanic. I fix things. This is why I will never be able to hold public office.