Gunowners for a Free America thread
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Gunowners for a Free America thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2011, 06:29 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default Gunowners for a Free America thread

Ok, here is the official thread. First thing we need to do is set up the rules, bylaws, and directives. We also need to decide how people will become a member. Any suggestions?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-25-2011, 08:32 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Rules, bylaws etc can be a derivative of the current ones in place on FTF and tailored towards the thread. As far as membership I'm clueless on that since I don't know how this whole thing started. Maybe membership could be determined by number of total posts with a minimum amount needed to come in.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 10-25-2011, 08:36 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113 View Post
Rules, bylaws etc can be a derivative of the current ones in place on FTF and tailored towards the thread. As far as membership I'm clueless on that since I don't know how this whole thing started. Maybe membership could be determined by number of total posts with a minimum amount needed to come in.
Read the UN small arms treaty again thread for more info but pretty much how this thing started is the UN is after our guns, Obama supports it, and we want to defend our rights.

Old 10-25-2011, 09:03 PM   #4

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

Texas sign me up. I'm with you....they can pry my guns out of my cold dead hands. I might have the necessary means to set up our own website. Pm me if you're interested. We can see if we can get the ball rolling asap. I'll start recruiting right away. I think GFFA fits just right. Rolls off the tongue.

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Last edited by g17frantz; 10-25-2011 at 09:06 PM.

Old 10-25-2011, 09:03 PM   #5
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

I've always been partial to Mike Vanderboegh's explanation of what a "Three Percenter" is. Maybe it will provide some food for thought.

What is a "Three Percenter"?
During the American Revolution, the active forces in the field against the King's tyranny never amounted to more than 3% of the colonists. They were in turn actively supported by perhaps 10% of the population. In addition to these revolutionaries were perhaps another 20% who favored their cause but did little or nothing to support it. Another one-third of the population sided with the King (by the end of the war there were actually more Americans fighting FOR the King than there were in the field against him) and the final third took no side, blew with the wind and took what came.

Three Percenters today do not claim that we represent 3% of the American people, although we might. That theory has not yet been tested. We DO claim that we represent at least 3% of American gun owners, which is still a healthy number somewhere in the neighborhood of 3 million people. History, for good or ill, is made by determined minorities. We are one such minority. So too are the current enemies of the Founders' Republic. What remains, then, is the test of will and skill to determine who shall shape the future of our nation.

The Three Percent today are gun owners who will not disarm, will not compromise and will no longer back up at the passage of the next gun control act. Three Percenters say quite explicitly that we will not obey any futher circumscription of our traditional liberties and will defend ourselves if attacked. We intend to maintain our God-given natural rights to liberty and property, and that means most especially the right to keep and bear arms. Thus, we are committed to the restoration of the Founders' Republic, and are willing to fight, die and, if forced by any would-be oppressor, to kill in the defense of ourselves and the Constitution that we all took an oath to uphold against enemies foreign and domestic.

We are the people that the collectivists who now control the government should leave alone if they wish to continue unfettered oxygen consumption. We are the Three Percent. Attempt to further oppress us at your peril. To put it bluntly, leave us the hell alone.

Old 10-25-2011, 09:16 PM   #6

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Read the UN small arms treaty again thread for more info but pretty much how this thing started is the UN is after our guns, Obama supports it, and we want to defend our rights.
Ah yes the good ole UN. Down with them, they have been trying to do that for years and they are getting closer and closer each day. Sign me up!

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 10-25-2011, 09:27 PM   #7

Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Must be able to legally buy a firearm in order to become a member must be a cornerstone of the organization.

Old 10-25-2011, 09:39 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby
Must be able to legally buy a firearm in order to become a member must be a cornerstone of the organization.
+1 but how would we know really?
I'm all for it Ben, really I am. The site should represent the 2nd amendment as well as state laws. It should be a place where people can go to learn and how they can stand up for their constitutional rights as an armed citizen. Give them advice on how to choose the right firearm, firearm safety as well as training techniques. (At least in my head that sounds about right)

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 10-25-2011, 10:14 PM   #9
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1337 Times on 701 Posts
Likes Given: 612

I'm already seeing a shield, red, white and blue bars vertical it's entire length, with a black "3%" centered and filling 75% of the shield. This could be patch or pin to show membership loyalty.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 10-25-2011, 10:46 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg
I'm already seeing a shield, red, white and blue bars vertical it's entire length, with a black "3%" centered and filling 75% of the shield. This could be patch or pin to show membership loyalty.
Is it sad Texas hasn't even responded about official membership yet and I've already drawn up a logo? Eel!

~John F. Kennedy