Gundealer and family locked up and stripped of property
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Gundealer and family locked up and stripped of property

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2012, 11:33 AM   #1
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6677 Times on 3349 Posts
Likes Given: 7209

Default Gundealer and family locked up and stripped of property

http://godfatherpolitics.com/5813/feds-jail-new-mexico-family-seize-everything-they-own-being-honest-legal-firearms-dealers/

Seems that The only Gundealers allowed to sell weapons near the Mexican Border are those with the Fast and Furious Seal of approval. The Reese family was set up and fried by the ATF after they reported a possible straw buyer in his gun shop.

The entire family was locked up, all their assets seized yet they were the ones that reported the suspicious activity. Read the story, it seems like a travesty against a legitimate business owner and citizen not a criminal activity thwarted by the Feds.

So you can sell police stolen, broken and illegal weapons for $100 bucks a piece without as much as a single question being asked but reporting a possible criminal activity can get you thrown in jail? I guess thats change!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-25-2012, 12:08 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

**** like this pisses me off to no end. This is just another reason that "We the People" should start holding the Government accountable for it's actions (and no, I don't mean by violence). What ever happened to to the Constitution? Why aren't it's laws enforced anymore? I saw several rights that were violated in this case, and several laws that the Government broke that should put several people in jail.

The direction this country is headed makes me sick. Unless a miracle happens, we're basically ****ed for at least the next four years. If Obama wins, he will continue wiping his ass with the Constitution. If Romney wins, there's a good chance he will do the exact same thing, only to a lesser extent. If Paul wins, well at least he won't desecrate the Constitution. I don't know how well he would solve our other issues.

Wake up America! Look where we're headed. Over the last century, the Government has grown out of control. They have too much power. The founding fathers never meant for America to be like this. They are probably rolling over in their graves right now. If things continue like they have over the last century, by the next century, our grandchildren, and great grandchildren might not have many rights other than to server their Government. Is that really what you want?

It's time to make a change. Quit voting for a lesser evil. Quit voting so you can get more Government money. Vote for the good of the people as a whole, not yourself. Find a candidate that will truly turn this country around, and make damn sure he/she is elected.

People, you better prepare for hard times in the near future. We are heading towards a serious depression, and we are slowly losing our rights while the Government slowly gains more power over our lives. Think about that in November.

Okay, I'll step down from by soap box now.

Old 06-25-2012, 02:18 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2239 Times on 1219 Posts
Likes Given: 3465

Fact: The Reeses were indicted by a federal grand jury that was investigating international gun trafficing. There is every chance the Reese family were rogue gun dealers. The truth is somewhere in the middle.

The federal charge sheet:

http://www.justice.gov/usao/nm/pr/2011/2011-08-30_new_deal_indictment.pdf

Last edited by alsaqr; 06-25-2012 at 02:29 PM.

Old 06-25-2012, 02:19 PM   #4

Liked 78 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 38

What I'd like to know is, where is all those lawyers who work for all the National gun magazines , that say we need your money to keep the 2nd Amendment from being trampled on. OH! I know. They're sleeping with Obamaclinton.
Del

Old 06-25-2012, 02:20 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1274 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

There was an article on msnbc this morning about the contempt procedings against Holder and Obama in the "Fast and Furious" scam, but while I was reading it, i got an error accessing the site. When I recovered and tried to find the article again, it did not exist. So now we have censorshp of the news.

Old 06-25-2012, 03:17 PM   #6

Liked 1098 Times on 658 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker
**** like this pisses me off to no end. This is just another reason that "We the People" should start holding the Government accountable for it's actions (and no, I don't mean by violence). What ever happened to to the Constitution? Why aren't it's laws enforced anymore? I saw several rights that were violated in this case, and several laws that the Government broke that should put several people in jail.

The direction this country is headed makes me sick. Unless a miracle happens, we're basically ****ed for at least the next four years. If Obama wins, he will continue wiping his ass with the Constitution. If Romney wins, there's a good chance he will do the exact same thing, only to a lesser extent. If Paul wins, well at least he won't desecrate the Constitution. I don't know how well he would solve our other issues.

Wake up America! Look where we're headed. Over the last century, the Government has grown out of control. They have too much power. The founding fathers never meant for America to be like this. They are probably rolling over in their graves right now. If things continue like they have over the last century, by the next century, our grandchildren, and great grandchildren might not have many rights other than to server their Government. Is that really what you want?

It's time to make a change. Quit voting for a lesser evil. Quit voting so you can get more Government money. Vote for the good of the people as a whole, not yourself. Find a candidate that will truly turn this country around, and make damn sure he/she is elected.

People, you better prepare for hard times in the near future. We are heading towards a serious depression, and we are slowly losing our rights while the Government slowly gains more power over our lives. Think about that in November.

Okay, I'll step down from by soap box now.
The biggest problem is you can't believe every single thing you hear or read. Almost all politicians will tell you what you want to hear or read. That's how they play the game. There are alot of people out there that have no common sense or may I say a BRAIN!! They will vote for what sounds good or what they look like!!!

Old 06-25-2012, 03:26 PM   #7
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
Fact: The Reeses were indicted by a federal grand jury that was investigating international gun trafficing. There is every chance the Reese family were rogue gun dealers. The truth is somewhere in the middle.

The federal charge sheet:

http://www.justice.gov/usao/nm/pr/2011/2011-08-30_new_deal_indictment.pdf
The one article on this subject I read a few days ago said that every firearm had been accounted for and every one they had sold had been approved by a NICS check. The source was WND, however, so I blew it off as unreliable.

But if this is accurate, how can a dealer be held liable when they've dotted all the i's and crossed all the t's?

Old 06-25-2012, 03:58 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

The whole point of the "Fast and Furious" fiasco was to generate an excuse to put the dealers in the border states out of business, and create a public outcry to insist on tighter gun control laws. But some of the BATFE officers with common decency and honesty blew the whistle on Holder and company. Now our hero B.O. is invoking "executive priviledge" to try to avoid being outed by Congress.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:27 PM   #9

Liked 53 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
The whole point of the "Fast and Furious" fiasco was to generate an excuse to put the dealers in the border states out of business, and create a public outcry to insist on tighter gun control laws. But some of the BATFE officers with common decency and honesty blew the whistle on Holder and company. Now our hero B.O. is invoking "executive priviledge" to try to avoid being outed by Congress.
I totally agree with you. This is the only reason Holder will not release the documents that were asked for.

Old 06-25-2012, 07:31 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I often wonder about the "liberal" news media. Are they really so naive and foolish as to believe that total control by the federal government and the U.N. would constitute a benevolent dictatorship? Where everyone would be safe, healthy, well-nourished, and happy? Can they really be that stupid? Or is it that they are going along with the program out of fear of being shut down? Are their executives being threatened, blackmailed, or otherwise coerced? Bribed? Do they think they would end up with a lofty position in the new "empire"? Whatever is going on, we are going down the drain as surely as if we had a Bolshevisk revolution going on. I expect the drive to disarm the public is going to become one of Hussein's most important issues. The fact that he and his "czar's" would stoop to selling great numbers of weapons illegally just to try to make a (false) point shows that he is likely to stop at nothing.