Gun transfer laws stall firearm returns - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Gun transfer laws stall firearm returns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2014, 07:23 PM   #21
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1552 Times on 950 Posts
Likes Given: 7926

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
i don't think you're alone in having a WTF moment!

it is rather stupid and rather rediculous all at the same time. what part of the law are they having such hard time with? there is no transfer of ownership and never was at anytime. if they run the numbers, that pistol will more than likely come back to the woman who owns it. Hmmmm....it didn't become property of the police department, just because they took possession of it because she went to the hospital.

personally i think she needs to file criminal and civil charges against the police department for theft of property.
That's what I have been thinking. Criminal charges need to be filed.

What is driving me bat sh!t crazy with this is the number of posts from folks thinking this is a transfer that needs an NICS check done. I have said it before, and I will say it again. There was NO transfer of ownership in this case. She did not sell her pistol to the local PD. Possession is all that was transfered, SHE STILL Owns the pistol that the PD is holding, so THEY are refusing to return HER Property. No NICS check is needed in this case.

Why is that so hard for some to wrap their heads around? If she walks in with the sales receipt from her purchasing the pistol, ownership is proven to the point that all that needs to be done is to have dispatch do a wants\warrants check on her to make sure she is legal and good to go. End of story, give her back her property, and send her on her way. If she has no receipt, calling the LGS where the pistol was purchased and asking for a copy of the 4473 to be scanned and e-mailed to the PD would prove ownership, and her pistol could be returned to her. If that fails to happen, file charges, contact the others who's property is being held illegally, and start a class action suit against the PD in this case, along with the city attorney.

Rant over.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

alsaqr Likes This 
Old 05-19-2014, 07:30 PM   #22
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1357 Times on 688 Posts
Likes Given: 1011

This is total horsesh*t. Her property. Give it the Fu*k back. This is the kind of crap the NRA needs to jump all over.

Stay smart, stay motivated, stay dangerous
People Like This