Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Gun Rights Protest Day October 19th 2013

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2013, 02:30 AM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3721 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Like I said, I am done with this thread. I'm not going to respond anymore. I'll follow along, because I hate missing out on insightful things that might be said. But I'm through with it.

Always have clean socks.

Old 09-10-2013, 02:54 AM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3721 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Also, I'd like to apologize for the vulgar things I said. I stand by my position, but I would like to take back the more insulting things I said.

Good day.

Always have clean socks.

People Like This 
Old 09-10-2013, 04:37 AM   #33

Liked 70 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
MTHunter you are an unmitigated ass of the worst kind. You are fighting against your allies and doing a damned poor job of it. If you feel so damned passionately about what you say then perhaps you should imagine if we were to begin the executions and see where that leads. What you suggest would be tyranny of the people and by the people. It would also be a criminal act. You are a fukking moron.
Answer this: Is it or is it not on the books that you can be executed for the crime of treason?

Wouldn't violating the Constitution be considered the highest form of treason possible in this country.

I see this as the only way for the government to be put in its place. They work for us and should be DEATHLY afraid of even thinking about pushing any law that violates the Constitution. Only when the government fears us will this country be exactly what the Founding Fathers would have wanted. Their their whole point in adding the 2nd Amendment was so that We The People could stage an armed Rebellion if necessary, to me that means they fully intended for our government to fear the people.

As for the part about me being an ass yes I know I have worked long and hard at be an A$$hole and I am glad to see that has all paid off.

Old 09-10-2013, 05:22 AM   #34
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2555 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Oran's Dictionary of the Law (1983) defines treason as "...[a]...citizen's actions to help a foreign government overthrow, make war against, or seriously injure the [parent nation]." In many nations, it is also often considered treason to attempt or conspire to overthrow the government, even if no foreign country is aiding or involved by such an endeavor

Hard to connect the current trashing of the Constitution and this definition of Treason.

Seriously injure? Maybe

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 09-10-2013, 05:56 AM   #35
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 7683 Times on 4432 Posts
Likes Given: 9903

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Let's stay on topic here and cut the personal attacks. This started off as a simple news blurb and turned into a pissing contest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
JW Many of us took the oath to protect the constitution. Many of us served our time before you were born. So don't think you have a lock on what's right or wrong. JW and vikingdad you guys are preaching about winning people over with a persuasive argument rather than being an a$$hole then you turn around and start calling people names. Seems a little hypocritical to me. You certainly aren't persuading MThunter or anyone else with that. You lost your argument when you degraded to that.
You guys are absolutely correct. I apologize and removed the last contribution.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 09-10-2013, 07:20 AM   #36
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1473 Times on 901 Posts
Likes Given: 7248

i am almost afraid to post something in this thread.........

Almost.

Viking, I just ordered 2 magnetic signs for the tailgates of my work trucks. The basic message on both is "Repeal the SAFE Act. The people of NY will not stand for this attack on the Second Amendment." They will be ready for pick up on the 15th of this month, and thanks to you sharing the info on this protest, I now know when I will be putting them on my trucks. Look for an upcoming piucture thread once they come in. IOW, thanks for sharing, and count me in.

To those who have pretty much stated "My rights trump your comfort." Stop and think about this for a second: Say you are at the mall with your wife and kids. It's a chilly night and 3 guys enter the mall wearing heavy coats, ski masks, and they have loaded MSRs slung on their shoulders. Tell us honestly, wouldn't you reach for your gun to at least clear you coat from over the grip upon seeing them? I know I would. Even after they unmasked and went to pick up a set of metric wrenches, paid for them , and left without incident, wouldn't you still feel at least a little unnerved? All I am saying is put the shoe on the other foot for a while. There is a time and a place, and even if they broke no open carry law, they can still be charged with disturbing the peace due to their actions. If one person calls the local LEOs, they can be charged, and if mall security asks them to leave and they argue about it, they could be charged with trespass.

Not trying to step on anyone's rights, and I am not trying to be a troll. Just asking you to take a look at the facts of the matter. this will be my first and last post in this thread, as I have said all I have to say on this. I respect your 1A rights, please return the courtesy to me.

Thank you.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem parabellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

People Like This 
Old 09-10-2013, 07:30 AM   #37
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 7683 Times on 4432 Posts
Likes Given: 9903

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post

Almost.

Viking, I just ordered 2 magnetic signs for the tailgates of my work trucks. The basic message on both is "Repeal the SAFE Act. The people of NY will not stand for this attack on the Second Amendment." They will be ready for pick up on the 15th of this month, and thanks to you sharing the info on this protest, I now know when I will be putting them on my trucks. Look for an upcoming piucture thread once they come in. IOW, thanks for sharing, and count me in.

To those who have pretty much stated "My rights trump your comfort." Stop and think about this for a second: Say you are at the mall with your wife and kids. It's a chilly night and 3 guys enter the mall wearing heavy coats, ski masks, and they have loaded MSRs slung on their shoulders. Tell us honestly, wouldn't you reach for your gun to at least clear you coat from over the grip upon seeing them? I know I would. Even after they unmasked and went to pick up a set of metric wrenches, paid for them , and left without incident, wouldn't you still feel at least a little unnerved? All I am saying is put the shoe on the other foot for a while. There is a time and a place, and even if they broke no open carry law, they can still be charged with disturbing the peace due to their actions. If one person calls the local LEOs, they can be charged, and if mall security asks them to leave and they argue about it, they could be charged with trespass.

Not trying to step on anyone's rights, and I am not trying to be a troll. Just asking you to take a look at the facts of the matter. this will be my first and last post in this thread, as I have said all I have to say on this. I respect your 1A rights, please return the courtesy to me.

Thank you.
Good to hear KFox.

It sounded to me as though they were more saying "My rights trump your rights" rather than comfort.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:02 AM   #38

Liked 2141 Times on 969 Posts
Likes Given: 2084

Quote:

Almost.

Thank you.
All the malls I've ever been to are posted "no firearms" this is private property they can do what they want. Not one of these guys protesting has ever put on a ski mask and went to a mall. They are all walking down the street. If I'm uncomfortable with it, that's my problem. If they do go to private property that is posted then arrest them for trespass. My comfort has no bearing on your rights. Hell I'm not comfortable with most of what the left says but it's their right to say it. If we use your logic then obama can't give anymore speeches because I'm not comfortable with it. What if a judge decides he's not comfortable with your 5th amendment right? What if the cops aren't comfortable with getting a warrant and knocking on your door? Your second amendment rights aren't or at least shouldn't be any different from the rest of your rights. I'm not willing to give up any of my rights just to make someone comfortable, are you?
Old 09-10-2013, 11:53 AM   #39

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Protests are all fine and dandy but I always open carry when I leave my apartment. A majority of the businesses here in Las Vegas are gun-friendly and don't object to someone entering their workplace carrying a visible weapon. If I will be out and about on 19 Oct, I'll be carrying. If I'm not out and about, well, speaks for itself....simple and to the point.

Old 09-10-2013, 05:47 PM   #40

Liked 6558 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:

Almost.

Thank you.
I agree, to an extent.

My rights DO trump your comfort. (not that you should do something like that, but you should have the right.) My rights end where your rights begin. As long as my rights are not directly violating your rights, there shouldn't be a problem.

Examples of one person violating another persons rights would be murder, rape, theft, and intentional harassment.

I see carrying a long gun or a hand gun in general as your right.

I don't see carrying a long gun or a and gun with the INTENT to harass citizens and law enforcement as your right. I see that as a violation of their rights.

Note, the key word here is intent. This means that it does not apply to the person carrying a gun for protection that happens to make a few people nervous just by his presence. It applies ONLY to those who intentionally (premeditated) go out into the world WANTING to stir up trouble.

As said before, there is a VERY fine line here. That line is intent.