Gun Rights Protest Day October 19th 2013 - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Gun Rights Protest Day October 19th 2013

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2013, 06:53 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 188
Liked 70 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
You couldn't be more wrong. There is a saying: "Your right to swing your fist ends where your fist touches my nose" (paraphrase). Which is to say that your rights end where they begin to interfere with anybody else's rights.

The open-carry activists in California have infringed upon my right to carry through their ham-fisted and ill advised tactics. THEY created the situation where the CA legislators felt it was necessary to outlaw open carry entirely in this state. Had they not been so militant and used such crude and thuggish methods that only served to scare people and rather taken the time to organize and educate people it either would not have changed at all (which would be preferable to what did, in fact, happen) or perhaps we might have gotten the right to carry loaded firearms back!! The prohibition on loaded carry was signed into law by none other than Governor Ronald Reagan in 1967 as a direct result of the Black Panthers openly and militantly open carrying loaded firearms into the Capitol in Sacramento. It was legal for them to do so. The results of them exercising their legal rights was a direct infringement on the rights of all Californians. I have spoken with one of the founders of the Black Panthers, Mr. Bobby Seale, just a few months ago and asked him if he thought that their use of firearms and the resulting ban on loaded open carry in California was justified in light of the lack of progress the Panthers obtained as a result of that protest, and he said no. It was a loss of rights and that is never a good result. There was no net gain from that series of protests involving loaded open carry.
The infringement was the law that passed prohibiting open carry not those who open carried beforehand. The infringement on your rights is entirely the fault of the liberal anti gun politicians who should all be charged with treason and publicly executed on the White House lawn for crimes against the Constitution. That includes not only the ones in office but also those no longer in office.

It is time to show the government that WE THE PEOPLE are something to be feared. Every time they vote they should be thinking "Will this vote violate the Constitution and lead to me being charged with treason and then executed." Only then will WE THE PEOPLE once again rule this country as our Founding Fathers intended.
__________________
MTHunter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:02 AM   #22
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,400
Liked 8673 Times on 5015 Posts
Likes Given: 11275

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
If you are going to blame someone for the loss of your rights. Start with the people who took them from you. California and other places were taking your rights away long before these guys started to protest. It's the reason they are protesting. This is like a muslim blaming the rape victim for being raped. You got raped and now you are blaming the people who are protesting the rape instead of the rapist. If you guys don't see this then we really have lost this fight.
To take your analogy and run with it I would say that I am in a position where I have been raped and the people I am complaining about (not blaming mind you) are the ones who are using the Janet Jackson Super-Bowl approach to censorship, or the Miley Cyrus approach to "performance art". Both have done irreparable damage to their causes (whatever the hell those are).

I have not and am not telling anybody what to do. I am, however, telling them that their methods are not helping our cause even if they are legal. My approach would be the one that Nightstalker has suggested. Use the power of persuasion. It does work, I have used it.

I would postulate one other thought before I retire for the night. If you are fighting against the rights of others in any way shape or form, you are not fully committed to freedom.
__________________

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:06 AM   #23
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,400
Liked 8673 Times on 5015 Posts
Likes Given: 11275

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHunter View Post
The infringement was the law that passed prohibiting open carry not those who open carried beforehand. The infringement on your rights is entirely the fault of the liberal anti gun politicians who should all be charged with treason and publicly executed on the White House lawn for crimes against the Constitution. That includes not only the ones in office but also those no longer in office.

It is time to show the government that WE THE PEOPLE are something to be feared. Every time they vote they should be thinking "Will this vote violate the Constitution and lead to me being charged with treason and then executed." Only then will WE THE PEOPLE once again rule this country as our Founding Fathers intended.

So you believe that Ronald Reagan should have been executed for Treason? He is the man that signed the 1967 law prohibiting loaded open carry in CA. Reagan's signature on that legislation was arguably the beginning of the modern anti-gun movement.

Nice.
__________________

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:29 AM   #24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 188
Liked 70 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
So you believe that Ronald Reagan should have been executed for Treason? He is the man that signed the 1967 law prohibiting loaded open carry in CA. Reagan's signature on that legislation was arguably the beginning of the modern anti-gun movement.

Nice.
Absolutely regardless of whatever else he did in his career he violated the Constitution which is the highest form of treason and therefore he should have been publicly executed. The government must be put on notice that there is no compromise on the Constitution and that any violation is an act of TREASON. In order for that to work we must make it so the government fears us.
__________________

Last edited by MTHunter; 09-09-2013 at 07:33 AM.
MTHunter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:34 AM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JW357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 6,716
Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHunter

Absolutely regardless of whatever else he did in his career he violated the Constitution which is the highest form of treason and therefore he should have been publicly executed.
Your understand of the Founding is flawed. The Founders and Framers would call that tyranny. Tyranny can exist from a single person, from a majority of the people, as well as from a piece of paper. The Framers and Founders understood this, thus there are certain checks and balances within our system to try to prevent any person, people, or paper from gaining too much power and therefore becoming tyrannical.

Don't you dare get me wrong and start putting words in my mouth - the Constitution is the law of the land and should be honored and adhered to at all times.

But executing those who do not adhere to it, is not adhering to the Constitution. The proper method is to vote those guys out of office.

Start executing people on those grounds and we're no better than Iraq during Saddam Hussein, or current day Iran (or Iran during the Shah's time), or the USSR under Stalin.

You, sir, are an idiot and I have basically decided I will take everything you say with only a grain of salt.

Un-fu*king-believable.
__________________

Always have clean socks.

JW357 is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:19 PM   #26
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Edge of Darkness
Posts: 6,495
Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Default

I have been involved in firearms rights for more than 50 years. We have been very successful in Wyoming. We have concealed carry and open carry no permits needed. This did not occur by accident. We presented our arguments based on facts. The last thing you want is to create an emotional back lash from the public.
The Great State of Utah was at the door step of acquiring the same Constitutional rights. At the mid-night hour some very misdirected gun owners marched thru the Ogden Mall with slung AR-15 rifles. The popular Constitutional right became the source of fear. The anti-gun people said "We told you so". The Utah Gov. refused to sign the Pro-Gun rights Bill due to public pressure.

__________________
nitestalker is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:31 PM   #27
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mountainman13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 11,525
Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
I have been involved in firearms rights for more than 50 years. We have been very successful in Wyoming. We have concealed carry and open carry no permits needed. This did not occur by accident. We presented our arguments based on facts. The last thing you want is to create an emotional back lash from the public.
The Great State of Utah was at the door step of acquiring the same Constitutional rights. At the mid-night hour some very misdirected gun owners marched thru the Ogden Mall with slung AR-15 rifles. The popular Constitutional right became the source of fear. The anti-gun people said "We told you so". The Utah Gov. refused to sign the Pro-Gun rights Bill due to public pressure.
Bingo......
__________________

I don't need No stinking signature.

mountainman13 is offline  
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:07 AM   #28
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,400
Liked 8673 Times on 5015 Posts
Likes Given: 11275

Default

............

__________________

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Last edited by Vikingdad; 09-10-2013 at 06:55 AM. Reason: Removed by Vikingdad
Vikingdad is offline  
JW357 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:24 AM   #29
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
robocop10mm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Austin,Texas, by God!!
Posts: 10,266
Liked 2943 Times on 1533 Posts
Likes Given: 262

Default

Let's stay on topic here and cut the personal attacks. This started off as a simple news blurb and turned into a pissing contest.

__________________

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

robocop10mm is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:27 AM   #30
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lima,Ohio
Posts: 3,031
Liked 2677 Times on 1210 Posts
Likes Given: 2581

Default

JW Many of us took the oath to protect the constitution. Many of us served our time before you were born. So don't think you have a lock on what's right or wrong. JW and vikingdad you guys are preaching about winning people over with a persuasive argument rather than being an a$$hole then you turn around and start calling people names. Seems a little hypocritical to me. You certainly aren't persuading MThunter or anyone else with that. You lost your argument when you degraded to that.

__________________
rjd3282 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Rep. Demmer to conduct GUN RIGHTS town hall meeting - Mar. 8, 2013 CGS Illinois Gun Forum 0 03-10-2013 08:58 PM
PA Gun Show - October 6-7 Jpyle New Jersey Gun Forum 0 10-04-2012 05:29 AM
October Event Bigcountry02 Conspiracy 15 09-18-2012 11:01 PM
State Rights vs. Federal Rights, opaww Politics, Religion and Controversy 1 07-31-2009 09:47 PM