Gun Rights Protest Day October 19th 2013
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Gun Rights Protest Day October 19th 2013

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2013, 07:24 AM   #1
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8817 Times on 5100 Posts
Likes Given: 11496

Default Gun Rights Protest Day October 19th 2013

Saw this on FB today.

http://theadanews.com/editorials/x789520741/Gun-group-organizing-nationwide-rally

Quote:
Gun Rights Across America, a gun owners organization, has called for a nationwide demonstration by every gun owner in the country on Oct. 19 to highlight what it calls the right of citizens to own arms under the Second Amendment to the Constitution.

“We want you to strap on a holstered handgun to your hip, and give one hour of your day to make our presence as law-abiding gun owners known,” the group said.

The day would be called the “Guns Next Door” demonstration and would differ from state to state, depending on local gun laws. The purpose would be to show America that gun owners are good, law-abiding citizens.

In New Hampshire, gun owners are asked to wear holstered handguns in the front yard and carry unloaded rifles outside their home. Californians will wear empty holsters because that state’s laws are so strict there.

“This is a rally with a twist,” said Eric Reed, Gun Rights Across America founder. “People will see armed Americans outside their homes with signs everywhere they look.”

He said the hour-long demonstration will be staggered by time zone so all gun owners can participate simultaneously. It will run in the Eastern Time Zone from 5 to 6 p.m.

Reed, 38, an airline pilot from Texas, said he formed Gun Rights Across America after the rush to enact gun control laws at the federal and state levels in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., massacre of school children by a gunman. He said President Obama’s embrace of stricter laws “just angered me.”

John Toole is a reporter for The Eagle-Tribune, North Andover, Mass. Contact him at jtoole@eagletribune.com.
- See more at: http://theadanews.com/editorials/x789520741/Gun-group-organizing-nationwide-rally#sthash.Ph05n3DI.dpuf

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-05-2013, 12:10 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1262 Times on 709 Posts
Likes Given: 534

Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise, on the third Saturday of October I'll be exercising my right to carry.....

my shotgun in the fields and streams of South Dakota celebrating the opening day of pheasant season.

If you are an anti-gunner, ant-hunter, etc., you would not be happy visiting Pierre, SD in late October.

Old 09-05-2013, 12:18 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2143 Times on 1471 Posts
Likes Given: 796

I do all of that every day just to have fun. I didn't know it was a form of protest. All I have to do is have a brick of 22 LR ammo visible and half the neighborhood is here to help me shoot it all. If the fed tried to confiscate all the guns in this area they would need a platoon of marines and a string of dump trucks.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine

TekGreg Likes This 
Old 09-08-2013, 12:28 AM   #4

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

I'm going to check and see what gun owners here are doing that day, count me in.

Old 09-08-2013, 05:14 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1291 Times on 627 Posts
Likes Given: 77

I will try to push this in Central Florida.

A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!

Old 09-09-2013, 12:34 AM   #6
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3371 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282
In the opinions of some of our forum members any body who would strap on a gun to protest and draw attention is just a douchebag. Wonder how they will feel about this?
I will be shooting somewhere that day, and I will ride to wherever that will be by open carrying in whatever I'll be riding in..

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 09-09-2013, 12:59 AM   #7
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Pissing off the neighbors and advertising that I'm a gun owner and where I live, is not my idea of a viable form of protest.
If the people of Massachusetts and many of the other states in this country want to make a meaningful move, they should get together and start a class action lawsuit over the extended wait times for licenses being renewed and issued.
These ridiculous delays of anywhere from 3 months to a year are not only inexcusable they are illegal. The law clearly states the allowed timeframe. Many individuals are left waiting long beyond the 90 day grace period after renewal and find themselves unable to leave their residence with the guns they are now illegally storing at no fault of their own.

Do the second amendment groups do anything about this? No, and that is 1 example of why they no longer receive money from me.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 09-09-2013, 01:27 AM   #8

Liked 70 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post
Good lord. I'm not getting into it. All I'll say is circumstance and intent is what makes he difference.
Circumstance and intent are irrelevant when exercising our RIGHTS. They are RIGHTS not privileges and no one should ever have to justify the circumstance or intent behind the way the exercise their rights. Anyone who believes any different is no better than Obama, Feinstein and the rest of the gun grabbers. I am sick of us gun owners always being on the defensive it is time for us to take the initiative and and go on the offensive. It is time to the left that we are not going to bow down any longer.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:54 AM   #9
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHunter View Post
Circumstance and intent are irrelevant when exercising our RIGHTS. They are RIGHTS not privileges and no one should ever have to justify the circumstance or intent behind the way the exercise their rights. Anyone who believes any different is no better than Obama, Feinstein and the rest of the gun grabbers. I am sick of us gun owners always being on the defensive it is time for us to take the initiative and and go on the offensive. It is time to the left that we are not going to bow down any longer.
If someone carries a gun with the OBVIOUS intent of intentionally killing someone just for the hell of it, D=do you think they should be allowed to do as they please until they kill that person?

Intent IS the difference.

People should be allowed to carry anything they please, when they please, and how they please. They should NOT be allowed to intentionally harass someone. At that point, it is no longer a gun issue.

There is a major difference between wearing a gun for your protection or to protest, and getting a gun and going into public with a camera with the intent of tracking down a cop and harassing them.

You have a right to wear a gun or protest. You DON'T have a right to intentionally harass someone.

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 09-09-2013 at 02:01 AM.

Old 09-09-2013, 01:55 AM   #10

Liked 2756 Times on 1241 Posts
Likes Given: 2653

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post
Good lord. I'm not getting into it. All I'll say is circumstance and intent is what makes he difference.
The intent is exactly the same, to draw attention to the decline of our rights. According to you and your buddies, if one man protests, he's a douchebag, but if a group gets together then it's ok. Don't give me the crap about videoing. 1. if nobody see's your protest it won't matter
2. you better believe there will be camera's on Oct. 19

Video is a great way to show people what's going on..............you know like the news media does and has been doing since forever. What is it that bothers you guys about seeing the police trampling on peoples rights? We've all agreed for the most part that 2A is not just for hunting and sport. We've all agreed in other threads that we should be allowed to have the same weapons that the police and military use. So why the hostility towards the guys that actually carry these weapons?