gun rights bill passed house and senate in GA

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > gun rights bill passed house and senate in GA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2008, 09:01 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default gun rights bill passed house and senate in GA

as i georgia boy all i have to say is yaaaaaaaaaaahhhhoooooooo.
http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/2007_08/sum/hb89.htm
http://www.nraila.org/News/Read/NewsReleases.aspx?id=10848

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-08-2008, 12:25 AM   #2

Congratulations! That is good news.

Old 04-08-2008, 02:17 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Sweet. It's always good to see freedom advance.

Old 04-08-2008, 02:43 AM   #4

its never a bad thing to regain lost rights. i just wish the katrina portion of this bill passed too(katrina bill would of made it illegal for the government to take our guns in states of emergency/martial law/etc.) soon come i can carry my gun into restaraunts that serve alchohal and state parks and wma that i could not do before.

Old 04-08-2008, 03:55 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by watfreedom View Post
its never a bad thing to regain lost rights. i just wish the katrina portion of this bill passed too(katrina bill would of made it illegal for the government to take our guns in states of emergency/martial law/etc.) soon come i can carry my gun into restaraunts that serve alchohal and state parks and wma that i could not do before.
Cali recently passed a law that made it illegal for government backed goons to take firearms during declared emergencies and time of martial law. It was the first law in years that got passed that made any sense in this state.

Old 04-08-2008, 03:30 PM   #6

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
Cali recently passed a law that made it illegal for government backed goons to take firearms during declared emergencies and time of martial law. It was the first law in years that got passed that made any sense in this state.
You live in occupied territory?! You poor bastard! The weather is nice, the women look good, but holy crap! The gun laws, the taxes, the gangs, the illegals, the taxes, the traffic, the taxes..... You are a better man than I am putting up with all that. I worked there for 5 years as an "invited contractor" and still had to pay taxes while living in hotels, and paying hotel tax.

Old 04-09-2008, 03:36 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
sweet! at least theres some 2nd amendment respect

Old 04-09-2008, 01:15 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
You live in occupied territory?! You poor bastard! The weather is nice, the women look good, but holy crap! The gun laws, the taxes, the gangs, the illegals, the taxes, the traffic, the taxes..... You are a better man than I am putting up with all that. I worked there for 5 years as an "invited contractor" and still had to pay taxes while living in hotels, and paying hotel tax.
It's funny, if you look at California gun laws, they're all about cosmetics. As long as your guns don't look scary, they're okay.

Old 04-09-2008, 02:57 PM   #9

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Well, most of Kalifornia is how you look anyways, not how you perform. Otherwise how the hell are Catherine Zeta Jones and Paris Hilton still getting work?

I still think you are a better man than I for putting up with the crock of horse sheite they shovel your way within the confines of that "State:. Kudos to you Matt.

Old 04-09-2008, 10:10 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Well, most of Kalifornia is how you look anyways, not how you perform. Otherwise how the hell are Catherine Zeta Jones and Paris Hilton still getting work?

I still think you are a better man than I for putting up with the crock of horse sheite they shovel your way within the confines of that "State:. Kudos to you Matt.

Up north, it's a different state altogether. Aside from the politics that keep us tied to the liberal south, it's an awesome place to live.

Here is some land that my wife and I own:

A good friend out fishing last weekend:

Notice how low the lake is, even after the wet season? Yeah, that's because we're forced to supply SO CAL with all of our natural resources.